Sudfeld Released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Sudfeld Released

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

May not be permanent, just security at WR with Collie signed, which also points to Gronk's return.

lol just posted same thread, oops

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Gronk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

To the practice sqaud you go!

Not ready yet. Overated fan favorite from preseason.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Rob Gronkowski - TE - Patriots

Rob Gronkowski (back) remained limited in Thursday's practice.

There weren't any new Gronk revelations Thursday, though the Patriots did waive TE Zach Sudfeld. That could be taken as a sign that Gronk is ready to roll for Week 5, but Sudfeld had been buried on the depth chart before his release, playing just eight snaps in Week 4. It's quite possible his departure has nothing to do with Gronk's health. Week 6 still appears to be Gronk's most likely return date.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Yep. Gronk is ready, or you would think he is. I doubt they put Collie out there right away.

That would make Jay Glazer wrong again. lol

Or they are tired of wasting a game day roster spot on a not contributor who fumbles on side kicks and hasnt caught a pass in 4 weeks! Maybe they saw how well Hooman played last week and they are gonna let HIM play tight end like he deserves and play the guy Develin who is a Fb, at the Fb position

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Hooman looked like he took a big step forward in the game last week.  I also saw a solid game from Matthew Mulligan whom I have never even heard of before he caught the touchdown pass last week.  At least Mulligan provided some solid blocking to go along with the catch and has some experience in the league as a journeyman.   

I don't think this is an indication that Gronk is due back any sooner than he would have been otherwise, but is a simple indicator that they are happy to have Mulligan and think he will be servicable for the season.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Yep. Gronk is ready, or you would think he is. I doubt they put Collie out there right away.

Not nearly as often as you are wrong. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Nope....no Gronk again....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I really think the bungled on-side kick coupled with Gronk's impending return pretty much sealed the kid's fate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Sudfeld played only 8 snaps versus Atlanta, he was expandable and should be on the PS.  I'm sure Gronk is close, but Hooman and Mulligan can take on 4 more plays each I am sure.  Gronk is closer to returning, but I think it's still the Saints game at home he makes his return.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Kid's got deer in the headlight look. I still believe he has talent, we all saw it more than once in pre-season. Even if he makes it back onto the practice squad I believe somebody will grab him. He needs reps and seasoning.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

[QUOTE]

Or they are tired of wasting a game day roster spot on a not contributor who fumbles on side kicks and hasnt caught a pass in 4 weeks! Maybe they saw how well Hooman played last week and they are gonna let HIM play tight end like he deserves and play the guy Develin who is a Fb, at the Fb position

[/QUOTE]

He did have 2 ints thrown his way.  At least he made the stat books as an intended reciever on picks.  LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I like him, hopes he becomes a mahor contributor on some NFC team because the kid has talent.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Kid's got deer in the headlight look. I still believe he has talent, we all saw it more than once in pre-season. Even if he makes it back onto the practice squad I believe somebody will grab him. He needs reps and seasoning.

NFL spotlight is too bright for him

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

This must mean Tebow is walking through them doors!

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

That's not funny.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Not nearly as often as you are wrong. 

[/QUOTE]

Right. When I am wrong? NAme a time. You can't even do it.  

[/QUOTE]

You have been wrong so many times this page could not list them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Right. When I am wrong? NAme a time. You can't even do it.  "

Your analysis of the team's fundamental problems (e.g. 'it's Brady's fault we lost two Super Bowls') is fundamentally wrong and taints a lot, but definitely not all, of your analysis (unlike some here I grant you do have some key points to consider, it's more your glee in name calling I'm not a fan of).

I've explained before how Belichick also bears responsibility for the product on the field (e.g. shotgun emphasis), a concept that seems to blow your mind a little. You'll come around. 

Meantime, you're also arguably wrong about whether BJGE was a good enough lead back to emphasize a running game while he was here. This is a tougher one to prove either way, but if you are indeed wrong about that point, which you could be as one side of that debate has to be wrong, then that also hurts a fair amount of your analysis - but again, not all. 

At any rate being wrong is not unfamiliar to you. I've been wrong here also. Most recently I was wrong that we didn't have enough offense to win the first four games. It happens. It would be cool if you could find the cohones to admit you are wrong from time to time also. 

That said you were arguing with underdoogg whose very existence here is wrong. And at least you are not pretending to be a nice guy like he is, when he is secretly full of anti-Pats vinegar that eats at him just waiting for a justification to spill it on us again....

As for Sudfeld, definitely points to good news on the Gronk front. Glad to see it from that angle anyhow.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Mulligan is a Jets cast off. U of Maine kid.

http://archive.bangordailynews.com/2008/03/20/mulligan-strong-at-umaines-pro-day-nfl-scouts-run-local-college-players-through-tests/

ORONO – Growing up in West Enfield, Matt Mulligan always thought it would be fun to play football.

He used to play catch with his cousin Kendall Ring, who played at Mattanawcook Academy and Bates College, but there was no organized football at Penobscot Valley High School in Howland.

Despite not playing organized football until his sophomore year at Husson College in Bangor, the sport may wind up being Mulligan’s meal ticket.

The University of Maine senior was the focus of four National Football League scouts Wednesday afternoon during the annual pro day testing conducted on the UMaine campus.

Scouts from the Miami Dolphins, Detroit Lions, New England Patriots and Atlanta Falcons put five hopefuls through a variety of strength and agility drills to evaluate their skills.

Mulligan, who checked in at 6-foot-41/2, 258 pounds, put on an impressive show in Latti Fitness Center. In the bench press, he cranked out 34 consecutive repetitions with 225 pounds, which is believed to be the best effort in the country this year by a tight end in NFL testing.

He also soared to 351/2 inches in the vertical jump.

“I know it’s miles ahead of all the other tight ends in those two categories,” Mulligan said.

Mulligan, who broad-jumped 9 feet, 8 inches, was a bit disappointed with his 4.89-second clocking in the 40-yard dash. He nonetheless got plenty of positive feedback from the scouts.

“They said, ‘minus your 40 [time], you play faster and you look quicker for a big dude,’” Mulligan said, “‘we’re bringing you in for more of a blocking, check-down tight end.’”

“They know that I’m a bruising tight end,” he added.

Mulligan has been training with UMaine assistant track coach Dave Cusano, a former Black Bears football star who has worked with a handful of the Bears now on NFL rosters.

Mulligan did plenty of blocking the last two seasons in UMaine’s spread offense. He had 13 catches for 157 yards and two touchdowns last fall.

It has been a whirlwind transition to football for Mulligan, who started out playing basketball at Husson (2003-04). Yet the former PVHS basketball and soccer standout seemed to be built for football.

Mulligan had always thought his size, strength and aggressive approach might not be best utilized in non-contact sports.

“Even when I played soccer, I was out to run kids over. I wasn’t really out to score goals,” he said with a laugh.

Husson athletic director and football coach Gabby Price quickly saw the potential.

“He gave me my first shot, worked with me,” Mulligan said. “I had a lot of struggles, a lot of things I didn’t understand, but he was always patient and I definitely give him a lot of credit.”

In 2005, Mulligan transferred to UMaine, where Cosgrove and the Bears’ staff continued to help teach him the game.

Mulligan’s limited experience, and the potential for improvement, have actually helped make him a commodity, according to his Boston-based agent, Kristen Kuliga.

“There’s tremendous interest in him,” she said. “He hasn’t played the game for that many years, so I think some teams look at that as a positive in that they can kind of mold him they way they want.”

Kuliga, who has represented former NFL and CFL quarterback Doug Flutie for 14 years, said 20 NFL teams have inquired about Mulligan, who is likely to be a free-agent signee.

In an effort to make himself more marketable, Mulligan is learning to be a long-snapper. He made an impromptu debut at the position during an all-star game in Virginia last fall.

“Ever since then, I’ve been working on it,” he said. “The scouts said if I work on it, that’s going to help me out immensely.”

Mulligan and Co. plan to keep working hard leading up to the NFL draft in April.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

we never knew u............

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

Who?  Is he that H back from Florida?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Can I get a Mulligan??

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

[QUOTE]

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

Who?  Is he that H back from Florida?

[/QUOTE]

Always thought he was a F back with Florida :/ Might be a different guy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Right. When I am wrong? NAme a time. You can't even do it.  "

but definitely not all, of your analysis (unlike some here I grant you do have some key points to consider, it's more your glee in name calling I'm not a fan of).

What does he provide that is accurate analysis?

25. This post has been removed.