SUPER BOWL Analysis and Prediction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: SUPER BOWL Analysis and Prediction

Rivalries between teams is one thing and how players feel about the SB when they are not playing.  IE - Brady is no where to be seen when the Pats are not in the SB, so, it makes me wonder why all these other players show up at the SB and get interviewed.  Anyway....

How fans react to the teams in the SB is another interesting matter.  In NY, can you imagine if the Pats did in fact make it?  Would we have seen a similar reaction from the crowd to the Pats as we saw in Indy for SB 46?  I also recall for SB 42, when the Pats had a chance to make history, how an amazing majority of the country did not want to see the Patriots go 19 - 0.  Given the Manning connection, I can see a majority of attendees at MetLife Stadium be louder for the Broncos than the Seahawks.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

I'd like to the idiot cocky, loudmouthed Seahawks back up their trash talking with tough aggressive play. Rattle Manning and grind out a potent running game. If this happens, The 'Hawks take this one 30 - 17.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

There is concern over how the SB will be officiated: http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2022669534_seahawks15xml.html 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Disrupt the timing and defend the pass from the middle out and the Seahawks will win. 

I say Seahawks win 30-20.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is concern over how the SB will be officiated: http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2022669534_seahawks15xml.html 

[/QUOTE]

If we were Seattle fans, it would be among the biggest topics of discussion here. They got reamed without vaseline vs. Pitt. That was the Get the Bus a Ring Bowl.

I'd defintely be concerned about a repeat. Sentiment is on the other side again.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I think Manning chokes with the Hawks agressive defense in his grill all day. The wildcard here is Wilson. If he has a good day, and gets some points on the board, his defense will help them take home the Lombardi.

I just can't ever bring myself to ever cheer for Manning....at least not in this lifetime!! I do not hate him, but respect how good he is. But I will never support a guy that throws his own players under the bus like he did many years ago. Watching him pout with that big red mark on his forehead just makes my day....it is what it is...

Hawks 34-21

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

I like Seattles defense to pick Manning apart.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

To me this game is Fantasy Football (pass, pass, pass) Vs. Old School  (Defense wins Championships, and running the ball).
    Intresting to see if Seattle gives up on running game.

I'll wait for weather conditions for this game. Before prediction.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Seattle 27-13.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Here's the injury report for the game: http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/2014/01/29/seahawks-and-broncos-wednesday-injury-report/?syndication=rss

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Tex:

I probably s houldnt be admitting to this, but for the fun of it I kept track of your picks against the spread this year, and according to my numbers you were exactly .500 during the season (122-122-12) and exactly .500 during the playoffs (4-4-2), so your Super Bowl pick is for all the marbles

Good luck

I hope youre wrong though. I'm a SeaHawk fan this weekend

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Well, .500 against the spread isnt bad especially after the way he started out. Tex was like 20 under after week three. I'm not even kidding

I was secretly hoping he would take it to like 40-50 under .500. I thought that would be funny. But he steadied himself mid-season and really hit stride in November/December

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JonnyBronco. Show JonnyBronco's posts

Broncos by 17.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to JonnyBronco's comment:

Broncos by 17.

Im a 49er fan...I hope you guys humble the loud mouth obnoxious, Sherman who said Crabtree was mediocre !!! Problem was Kap, the idiot, tossing a Hail Mary Ally oops on 1st down toward a 6'1" Crabtree with the 6'6" Sherman in front of him. Toss it long so it at least goes out of bounds and Sherman didn't intercept but tipped it so caught by another Seahawk. That play could have been a last gasp 4th down, not a 1st down with 3 timeouts and 1:25 on the clock.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, .500 against the spread isnt bad especially after the way he started out. Tex was like 20 under after week three. I'm not even kidding

I was secretly hoping he would take it to like 40-50 under .500. I thought that would be funny. But he steadied himself mid-season and really hit stride in November/December

[/QUOTE]

Just further proof that even a blind squirrel can find an acorn every now and then.

LOL!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tex:

I probably s houldnt be admitting to this, but for the fun of it I kept track of your picks against the spread this year, and according to my numbers you were exactly .500 during the season (122-122-12) and exactly .500 during the playoffs (4-4-2), so your Super Bowl pick is for all the marbles

Good luck

I hope youre wrong though. I'm a SeaHawk fan this weekend

[/QUOTE]

Me too!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Not rooting for either....

That being said...

Denver 35

Seattle 24

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

When you're watching this game...remember...the Seahawk defense doesn't necessarily have to sack Manning to be effective. They just need to make him hurry: http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2022797563_seahawks31xml.html?syndication=rss; and http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/01/30/3020166/key-to-stopping-broncos-pressure.html

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

I THINK SEATTLE IS GOING TO KILL THE DONKEYS AND PEYTON WILL NEVER BE AS GOOD AS BRADY, NO ONE DENIES THIS. SEAHAWKS 27 DONKEYS 10. I LIKELY WON'T WASTE MY TIME WATCHING AS I'M STILL BITTER ABOUT THE WAY OUR BOYS LOST, SO i'LL WATCH THE C'S GAME, THEN PROBABLY GO GET DRUNK DOWN ON L STREET WITH SULLY AND MURPH.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Greg Cote of the Miami Herald usually does a good job of making predictions against the spread. Here's how he sees SB 48: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/01/31/3903854/greg-cotes-super-bowl-pick.html

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

21-17 Seattle. I like the team with the better D and the cold weather..