Super Bowl ---Giants vs Patriots-----Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXN6. Show SOXN6's posts

Re: Super Bowl ---Giants vs Patriots-----Game Thread

NO PASS RUSH, NO SECONDARY, NO DEEP THREAT...= NO CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!    Year after year..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

Licking wounds right now see y'all draft time!!! 3 times to watch Manning drive downfield....nauseating!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leonard15. Show Leonard15's posts

Maybe the Pats should dump Tom and sign Peyton Manning if he's healthy? We all know the Colts have a better future with Andrew Luck than the Pats do with an aging Brady and no one else to replace him.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Super Bowl ---Giants vs Patriots-----Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]Didn't get a single break in that.  It just deosn't seem possible that they didn't get a single break - but it happened again.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]
    Yes, it is eerie.. like that fumble that rolled right to another Giant for the recovery or the penalty for 12 men on the field on another fumble which was recovered by the Pats.  In the end, the Pats lost the TO battle and the game!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]This is worst than 2007 b/c all it does is prove that we will never see Tom Brady lead this team to SB victory ever again and thats a face. Only a Homer will say "oh well get them next year". We all know they won't win the SB next year!
    Posted by Leonard15[/QUOTE]
    You can go back to NY, you are not a Pats fan.. admit it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXN6. Show SOXN6's posts

As soon as they won the Coin toss and gave the ball to the Giants so they could set the tone, I felt this game was over!! All it did was give them confidence and show our D they cant stop Sh*T.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Super Bowl ---Giants vs Patriots-----Game Thread : I got to say I disagree. The guy would of been sacked on that safety, what else was he supposed to do? And for the interception to Gronk, he should of been sacked because Mankins got blown up on that play - it's a miracle that he even got the ball off. Is it dumb to throw to your 6'6" best player in single coverage for what was a jump ball at the ten? If anything Welker and Branch prove every single week that this team has no outside threat what so ever. Never mind Welker dropping a ball right in his hands for what would of sealed the game...he's not going to make that type of play. Why? Because it wasn't a play 7 yards down the field. As for Branch, the Giants thought so much of him they actually forgot to put anyone on him more than once in this game. Imagine that? They didn't even put one guy on him.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Have to disagree with you.  Brady had plenty of time to throw on that first play but for whatever reason (bad play calling?) held the ball too long.  His internal clock should have told him he needed to get rid of it sooner.

That said, I believe the Pats had a great season considering they usually only played with 8 players on offense (no need for a defense to ever cover the Pats two wideouts and Gronk was hurt).  Ocho could no possibly been as bad as Brady treated him (just one target).  I believe the problem with the WR's starts with Brady

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Pats had some drops by guys who don't usually drop passes.  Congrats to the G-men. This Superbowl was like a bonus.  Pats will be back next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

They have lost the TO battle with the Jints 3 straight times.  Hard to believe.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

WOW, short memories; Brady set a SB record earlier in the game with consecutive completions. His final #s were stellar. I can even forgive him on the INT since Gronk waived "over here" while he was under duress. IF Brady was off later on, it was due to the pressure; he actually did his best Roethlisberger impression by avoiding several sacks with side steps. He was not the choker in this game, IMO.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTSully6931. Show RTSully6931's posts

I just watched the pass to Welker on my DVR a half dozen times. Was is a little behind wes? Yes. But that is a catch Wes makes 95 times out of 100, at least. Most good WR's make it most of the time. Tom played well enough to win, just not spectacularly well. The whole team did, after the fist 10 minutes. The Giants just got lucky in the end that a HOF QB threw a ball just a foot off, and his all pro WR couldn't make a slightly difficult catch. That said, I am as sick tonight as I was 4 years ago. Just heartbroken. That was a game that the Pats deserved to win.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE] I can even forgive him on the INT since Gronk waived "over here" while he was under duress.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

It can't be forgiven.  It was an inexcusable, stupid play.  You have to just get 2 or 3 yards there.  You HAVE to kno wthe game situation.  If you manage the game - you are a champion. 

He didn't need to hoist that garbage down field.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'm over it already

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

THe TO battle hurt for sure.

They need deep threat Wide Receivers.

I won't mention drafting.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tribefan3. Show tribefan3's posts

[QUOTE]I just watched the pass to Welker on my DVR a half dozen times. Was is a little behind wes? Yes. But that is a catch Wes makes 95 times out of 100, at least. Most good WR's make it most of the time. Tom played well enough to win, just not spectacularly well. The whole team did, after the fist 10 minutes. The Giants just got lucky in the end that a HOF QB threw a ball just a foot off, and his all pro WR couldn't make a slightly difficult catch. That said, I am as sick tonight as I was 4 years ago. Just heartbroken. That was a game that the Pats deserved to win.
    Posted by RTSully6931[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]Pats had some drops by guys who don't usually drop passes.  Congrats to the G-men. This Superbowl was like a bonus.  Pats will be back next year.
    Posted by bostatewarrior[/QUOTE]

Good chance they will. They have both cap space and draft picks to improve our aweful defense. When we had to stop them, we couldn't do it. But when they had to stop us, they did. Thats the difference-that and missing Gronk. I think this team overachieved this year, what with that defense that was painful to watch at times. They had a very good season, but just couldn't finish it off.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTSully6931. Show RTSully6931's posts

In response to "Re: Super Bowl ---Giants vs Patriots-----Game Thread": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Super Bowl ---Giants vs Patriots-----Game Thread : Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted by tribefan3[/QUOTE] Thank you. I feel better now, knowing at least I am more mature than a person who needs to get his kicks going to another team's board to gloat.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]As soon as they won the Coin toss and gave the ball to the Giants so they could set the tone, I felt this game was over!! All it did was give them confidence and show our D they cant stop Sh*T.
    Posted by SOXN6[/QUOTE]
    So you're a clear voyant, an oracle, a vsionary and have divine revelations do you? How about sending me the Lotto numbers. 20/20. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]As soon as they won the Coin toss and gave the ball to the Giants so they could set the tone, I felt this game was over!! All it did was give them confidence and show our D they cant stop Sh*T.
    Posted by SOXN6[/QUOTE]
    So you're a clear voyant, an oracle, a visionary and have divine revelations do you? How about sending me the Lotto numbers? 20/20. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]I just watched the pass to Welker on my DVR a half dozen times. Was is a little behind wes? Yes. But that is a catch Wes makes 95 times out of 100, at least. Most good WR's make it most of the time. Tom played well enough to win, just not spectacularly well. The whole team did, after the fist 10 minutes. The Giants just got lucky in the end that a HOF QB threw a ball just a foot off, and his all pro WR couldn't make a slightly difficult catch. That said, I am as sick tonight as I was 4 years ago. Just heartbroken. That was a game that the Pats deserved to win.
    Posted by RTSully6931[/QUOTE]
    I think the word lucky applies as much to the Pats as it did to the Giants this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone else think the Giants had 12 men on the field on purpose with 16 seconds left?  Time comes off the clock, there's an extra defender making it that much tougher to complete the pass and the worst that happens is a 5 yard penalty.
    Posted by illinoisredsox[/QUOTE]

I'm not even a Pats fan, or a Giants fan, but the rule there seriously needs to be fixed.  It's just wrong that you can kill the clock by putting too many men on the field.  Why not put 13-14 guys out there?  The offense will be overmatched, time will run and all you'll get is a 5 yard penalty.  Wrong, wrong, wrong.

25. This post has been removed.