superstition

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4160947. Show user_4160947's posts

superstition

I saw somewhere that John Harbaugh said he wasn't superstitious.  Are you buying it?  Earlier this season, before the Pats game, I'd be really keyed up.  To while away the time, I went out and washed my car.   By the way, this is something I rarely do.  The Pats lost to the Cardinals.  The next weekend, I was still antsy before gametime.  I thought what the heck, I'll wash my car again.  Pats lost to the Ravens.  I haven't washed my car since and fortunately the Pats started winning again.  NO WAY I'm even getting in my car this weekend.

What are y'alls superstitions?

About the game.  This is my first post but I've read this board for more than 5 years.  I've actually been a Pats fan since they were the Boston Patriots.  I am enjoying their success today, of course.  My nostalgic side still loves that Steve Grogan, Russ Francis, Stanley Morgan, Julius Adams, Steve Nelson, Sam Bam Cunningham, Sugar Bear Hamilton team that "lost" to the Raiders in 76 (?).  I think Mini Mac Herron was on that team too.  It was long ago............  If anyone ever brings up our great fortune with the Tuck Rule, I just remind them of that playoff game.  Late in the 4rth qtr, George Atkinson grapped Russ Francis's facemask and broke his nose with a haymaker from his other hand.  No flag of course.  That forced a punt.  The rest is history.  Shortly thereafter, Sugar Bear(a DT) bullrushed right through the Raiders OL and tackled Kenny The Snake Stabler.  But wait, he was called for "roughing the passer".  You can YouTube it today and see it was clean all the way.  ESPN calls it one of the worst ever Playoff calls.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jln47i31ps

I digress.  BB and Brady will go down in history as the all-time best ever.  We all know TB is a fierce competitor.  I think he will have one of his better playoff games tomorrow just because it is his time.  The defense has solidified in the back and they have been putting pressure on the opposing QB.  BB's comment about not winning wars in a foxhole, tells me he is going to blitz and rattle Flacco (and Ryan/Kaepernick in the SB too). 

Pardon this rambling treatise.  My nerves are shot waiting for kickoff.  I hope nobody takes offense and I wish all the best to everyone, win or lose tomorrow.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: superstition

I'm right there with you. I start every game wearing a Brady jersey and then if the Pats aren't playing well I put on my Dillon jersey. Works more often than not. I also avoid my friend Nate...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

Bruschi 54 jersey on as soon as I am out of bed, same jeans every week. Pats Football helment on Coffee table to rub for luck, lots of beer, Chicken Wings every week same flavor same brand. I had to work the Cardinals and Ravens games, no wings. no win!

Today I even went out and got little necks to make steamers. KEEPIN' IT N.E. in Chi Town. Bunch of Bears fans coming over, most show support, but some are winning haters.

Wings are to the ready as well.

GO PATS!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

In response to ASO9771's comment:

Bruschi 54 jersey on as soon as I am out of bed, same jeans every week. Pats Football helment on Coffee table to rub for luck, lots of beer, Chicken Wings every week same flavor same brand. I had to work the Cardinals and Ravens games, no wings. no win!

Today I even went out and got little necks to make steamers. KEEPIN' IT N.E. in Chi Town. Bunch of Bears fans coming over, most show support, but some are winning haters.

Wings are to the ready as well.

GO PATS!

We had fajitas and they lost to SF. Back to wings. Lil Patriot gnome standing guard on the Bose subwoofer. My wife and kids in their respective places in the living room, all in season old Pats gear.. Superstitious. .. Comon man.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1naFstaP. Show 1naFstaP's posts

I usually workout then have a little fun with the girlfriend before the games.  I wasn't able to do this before the 49'ers game or before the Seahawks game and those games didn't turn out very good.  Little nervous for this game as the girlfriend is out of town this weekend.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

It's not weird if it works.... right.... about 1 hour before game time the brady jersey goes on and it is the right color of the day... I watch the game and scream at the TV. I live in Tampa so days of going to the game in NE are over but I am there in spirit. Family and Kids mostly don't watch the game with me.. so it is not a social event... I need to watch the game....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

I like Isle of Jura Superstition.  Does that count?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Finally, after all these years this is the first season I have got rid of most (haha) of my superstitions.  I have finally decided in my mind that the Patriots aren't going to win or lose because of me and my superstitions.  I used to wear my Brady jersey and then would switch to my Patriots sweatshirt if things didn't go right.  I would also change Patriots hats if things didn't go right or turn the hat backwards for a big defensive stop.  I figure there are so many more Patriots fans doing their thing too so why would mine matter, just mine matter.  So this year I have decided to not think about superstitions and just enjoy the games. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to 1naFstaP's comment:

I usually workout then have a little fun with the girlfriend before the games.  I wasn't able to do this before the 49'ers game or before the Seahawks game and those games didn't turn out very good.  Little nervous for this game as the girlfriend is out of town this weekend.

Looks like you need some strange.  The girlfriend will understand, it's for the team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

i haven't been superstitious since little league baseball. 

So, it's been several weeks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In response to user_4160947's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I saw somewhere that John Harbaugh said he wasn't superstitious.  Are you buying it?  Earlier this season, before the Pats game, I'd be really keyed up.  To while away the time, I went out and washed my car.   By the way, this is something I rarely do.  The Pats lost to the Cardinals.  The next weekend, I was still antsy before gametime.  I thought what the heck, I'll wash my car again.  Pats lost to the Ravens.  I haven't washed my car since and fortunately the Pats started winning again.  NO WAY I'm even getting in my car this weekend.

What are y'alls superstitions?

About the game.  This is my first post but I've read this board for more than 5 years.  I've actually been a Pats fan since they were the Boston Patriots.  I am enjoying their success today, of course.  My nostalgic side still loves that Steve Grogan, Russ Francis, Stanley Morgan, Julius Adams, Steve Nelson, Sam Bam Cunningham, Sugar Bear Hamilton team that "lost" to the Raiders in 76 (?).  I think Mini Mac Herron was on that team too.  It was long ago............  If anyone ever brings up our great fortune with the Tuck Rule, I just remind them of that playoff game.  Late in the 4rth qtr, George Atkinson grapped Russ Francis's facemask and broke his nose with a haymaker from his other hand.  No flag of course.  That forced a punt.  The rest is history.  Shortly thereafter, Sugar Bear(a DT) bullrushed right through the Raiders OL and tackled Kenny The Snake Stabler.  But wait, he was called for "roughing the passer".  You can YouTube it today and see it was clean all the way.  ESPN calls it one of the worst ever Playoff calls.

I remember the game well. It was our first decent season since I started being a fan in '70. Many Raider fans out here in Cali were outraged by the "fumble", but I felt that Karma had finally run its course.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1naFstaP. Show 1naFstaP's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

is that manti te'o? ;)

Ha, Ha!  She's real to me, darn it!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looks like you need some strange.  The girlfriend will understand, it's for the team.

Now that would be a good woman for understanding!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

A workout is good---that includes sex too--- as it helps get rid of the jitters !!! Rather than being superstitious, I am still a bit anxious & apprehensive that a bad call, an interception, a fumble etc. could change the outcome of the game. Without any of the aforementioned, however, I am very confident that our better team will win handily!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1naFstaP. Show 1naFstaP's posts

In response to xBruzer77's comment:

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Now that would be a good woman for understanding!

I would run that by her but she already said she would make it up to me when she gets back to celebrate the win.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Come on now, hands don't count as girlfriends :P

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

Come on now, hands don't count as girlfriends :P

Miss Palmer??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

he he he he he he he

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Oh there is superstition....writing on the wall.

Good afternoon gang!

23. This post has been removed.