Suprised No Thread on Cleveland '95: A Football Life

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: Suprised No Thread on Cleveland '95: A Football Life

Didn't see it, but there was a thread on this a week or two back.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Saw much of it..incredible how many people were on that staff and the positions they currently have in the NFL...Ozzie, Schwartz, Demitri, Pioli, Tannenbaum, Mangini, Saban, Ferentz, Lombardi...

I agree...Modell came off much worse than I ever envisioned.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

What's most amazing is the Ozzie basically says he owes the Ravens 2000 SB victory to BB and then in 2001 BB did exactly what he always wanted to do and he too won a SB that year. The rest, well it's history.

The Browns fans deserved better, Modell was a terrible owner and has failed miserably after all the BB magic left that organization, ie. the little guys he brought in that eventually worked their way to the top of other orginizations.

It was a great insight into BB before the Pats, but what he experiences from the Browns definitely turned him into the coach he is today, especially when it comes to how he treats the media, how he deals wiht "distractions," how dedicated he is, what he looks for in coaches and other players, how he at times didn't have clear cut coordinaters, etc

I sat there thinking, the NFL could be a much much different looking organization if the Browns stayed in Cleveland. They would have become the Patriots of early 2000's. There would never be a Ravens and the Pats would still be mediocre at best. Crazy things happen, BB got his second chance and showed the world that he knows how to properly run a modern day football team, if you want success year in and year out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I think it's MUCH better than the one done on BB himself.  In this one the old stuff on BB shows him to be less guarded and offering you more insight as a result.  And you can see the huge influence he had on Saban, Newsome, etc.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It was fantastic!  I don't know if I would say it was better then the one done about BB but it's very close.  My Dad was a Browns fan so I grew up watching a lot of Browns games (man, "the drive" game vs the Broncos crushed my pops!) so not only was it interesting because of BB but because the history I had with the Browns.

Man, had the browns not left and the coaching staff not split apart it would have been very interesting to see just how it all played out with them staying together.  No doubt a lot of NFL history would have changed.

A lot of great comments made about BB in that film.  Dude is a legend for sure!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Almost 5-10 teams today NFL and College owe their success to what BB did with the guys in that room. It's crazy, some said their would never be anothe Lombardi coach. I will say there will never be another BB coach/GM!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Heard it was great. Got to see that one. I have it on the DVR.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have yet to see it since I am on the road, but I did DVR it. A buddy of mine said it was incredible and better than "BB: A Football Life" from 2010 (filmed in 2009).

The rare footage is great, the interviews are very good and as we suspected Art Modell was more of a jerk than suspected. 

The '95 Browns, coming off a 10-6 season and making headway with a young team and Testaverde at QB, were off to a 4-0 start when Modell announced the team would be moving.

Anyone see it last night?

[/QUOTE]

Come on, you know a buddy of yours didn't see it - you have no friends. You're the guy that finds out that everyone else  has made plans to go out...then you just show up there. And then when you head to the bathroom everyone just leaves.

They probably have just grown tired of you bashing Brady and listening to you pretend you know all about the salary and "team building".

Here's a smiley face for you :)  And could you run a quick spell check over this if you're not too busy trying to figure out why none of the teams you said would be in "salary cap hell" are actually NOT in salary cap hell.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I missed it but thanks for reminding me. The next time its on is Sat at 10pm for anyone interested. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Just watched it on Youtube. It really is excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=a+football+life+cleveland+%2795&oq=a+football+life+cleveland+%2795&gs_l=youtube.3...418.10013.0.10580.31.14.1.16.16.0.164.1307.11j3.14.0...0.0...1ac.1.it4qPE4S3ko

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

I think, it's safe to say that Mike Tannenbaum wasn't paying attention to what BB was saying during meetings!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Look who stopped in, folks. Phat Rex and Mt Hurlie, both absolute LOSERS deluxe pretending they're insecurities don't show up here.  LMAO

Hmm, we know Phat Rex has no friends and Hurlie aligns with Phat Rex. Isn't that interesting.

I'll take your lack of a retort being exposed beyond belief here as embarrassment as to what this documentary just did to you, and the Mazz morons who have been dominating these boards here for 3 years.

You and Phat Rex, Babe Parilli, should send the producers at NFL Network an email and tell them that they're liars and have no friends, dipzhit.

[/QUOTE]

hi queenie...as usual you see it how u like to

i have no problem with bb and his success because we all know what organization and head coach and gm he learned from. to wit:

the giants-bill parcells-george young

see queenie there's your "blueprint" before your blueprint

the ultimate irony is the only team he can't seem to figure a way to beat are..well...you know  :  )

[/QUOTE]

We're talking about coaches BB hired.  BB, who had already been in the NFL almost ten years, was hired years before Parcells was the HC.  

Now, you can argue chicken or the egg, did the Parcells win because of BB, or BB because of Parcells but the HOF has spoken and they have decided against Parcells.  I'm willing to bet BB will have no troubles when that time comes.  There's a reason.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

Look who stopped in, folks. Phat Rex and Mt Hurlie, both absolute LOSERS deluxe pretending they're insecurities don't show up here.  LMAO

Hmm, we know Phat Rex has no friends and Hurlie aligns with Phat Rex. Isn't that interesting.

I'll take your lack of a retort being exposed beyond belief here as embarrassment as to what this documentary just did to you, and the Mazz morons who have been dominating these boards here for 3 years.

You and Phat Rex, Babe Parilli, should send the producers at NFL Network an email and tell them that they're liars and have no friends, dipzhit.

[/QUOTE]

So what you're saying is, it hurts your feelings when people leave while you head into the bathroom? Lol. No really - so what you're saying is I shouldn't watch the show because it might embarrass me and Tony Mazzorati? Why? And who is phat rex? That one of your "buds" from the office that doesn't tell you when everyone is getting together for a drink after work?

Listen, I think we're all past the whole "Rusty is a salary cap expert and I really understand what I'm seeing when I watch a football game" thing. Stick to spell checking (you're not half bad). Just don't talk football or try to pretend you know why we win or lose games, because that's when it gets embarrassing for you:(

So what I'll do is watch the show and then decide if it embarrasses me. You should try that approach before you tell us how good our 4th string outside linebacker is - remember Markell Carter? Did you not soil yourself about his play when you found out that they paid him a little extra to stay on the practice squad? I remember betting you that I'd leave this board for good if he ever made it onto this team. Why would I do such a thing? Because I've seen him play and I know his feet look like they are cast in cement.

Hey could you run a quick spell checky over this for me?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

That was a really good episode of a football life.Belichick put together an amazing staff in Cleveland.It's a definite must see for football fans and even moreso for Patriots fans. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

ohhh, Jets and Giants fans.....the only thing more exciting than their team is being on the board for Pats fans.

I think someone has a crush on BB!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So what you're saying is, it hurts your feelings when people leave while you head into the bathroom? Lol. No really - so what you're saying is I shouldn't watch the show because it might embarrass me and Tony Mazzorati? Why? And who is phat rex? That one of your "buds" from the office that doesn't tell you when everyone is getting together for a drink after work?

Listen, I think we're all past the whole "Rusty is a salary cap expert and I really understand what I'm seeing when I watch a football game" thing. Stick to spell checking (you're not half bad). Just don't talk football or try to pretend you know why we win or lose games, because that's when it gets embarrassing for you:(

So what I'll do is watch the show and then decide if it embarrasses me. You should try that approach before you tell us how good our 4th string outside linebacker is - remember Markell Carter? Did you not soil yourself about his play when you found out that they paid him a little extra to stay on the practice squad? I remember betting you that I'd leave this board for good if he ever made it onto this team. Why would I do such a thing? Because I've seen him play and I know his feet look like they are cast in cement.

Hey could you run a quick spell checky over this for me?

[/QUOTE]

No, what I am saying is we all think you're a moron for thinking there is no cap and that BB and his cohorts in Cleveland didn't clean house and basically invent how to manage the capp effectively for sustained periods, passing on that approach to a myriad of current GMs and other coaches or scouts in this league.

Hey, could you please sign up for a college course this weekend that doesn't have to do with baking cakes?

I love how you don't deny you're a Home Economics teacher.  Talk about embarrassing. What do you think you make a year, Hurlie?  40K? Pretty pathetic for a 50 year old pink hat.

I've forgotten more football in my left pinkie than you could ever dream to have.  We look forward to your upcoming comments when you praise a Brady INT and then act like it was the D's fault again. lol

[/QUOTE]

Listen, I've asked you this before - don't go fishing for information on me - I'm not going to be your wingman while your "friends" ditch you at the bar. Got it Captain Salary Cap?

Say, how did the Steelers manage to keep Wallace when they were in "salary cap hell"?

Do you even know a thing about the Browns when Belichick was there? Come to think of it, did you even know who Belichick was at the time? Could you name a single player on that roster without googling it? What do you think the level of talent was like on that team? How was their draft history while Belichick was there? Do you have a clue? The Browns were moderately successful because of one thing while Belichick was there...one thing...Bill Belichick was the coach. That's it. They played hard, they were always coached to take one thing away, and at times they could pressure with four guys (and that didn't last long). They had the best coach - working with very average talent. If they had a Tom Brady they would of won a Super Bowl and got past the Steelers...they didn't...we do.