"surprising" colts defense returns 7 players from tank team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re:

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Navin Johnson's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gunty fan is a born loser.

LMAO @ U

[/QUOTE]

HIYA QUEENIE!

9TH ACCOUNT?

[/QUOTE]

Lol navin johnson the jerk was great

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re:

In response to JulesWinfield's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The way I see it, what the Colts did last year was essentially the opposite of what a good basketball team does late in the game when they've got little chance of winning.  Players on the floor aggressively go after the ball.  They don't necessarily intentionally foul; they are just less concerned about fouling than they are getting the ball because they have nothing to lose.

The Colts (ownership) knew they had little chance of winning without Manning but instead of making desperation moves to win last year they cut their losses (financially), and went with what they had on the roster or with whatever 'value' player they could add.  

I wouldn't exactly call it 'tanking' so much as I would looking to the future.

My take.

[/QUOTE]

Simple facts are that abysmal QB play put them at 0-6, and the team quit.  Hard to admit as a Colts fan, but they had no heart last year.  They were defeated before they even stepped foot on the field.  A good coach could have gotten six to eight wins out of that team, but Caldwell was awful.  If the players, the GM, or the coaches were "tanking" purposefully to get the 1st pick in the draft, it really backfired on them...'cause most of them aren't around now for the Luck years... 

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps they quit in some games but I was at the Colts/Pats game last year and the Colts sure didn't quit in that game.  As I recall, they were down 2 touchdowns in the 4th and were playing hard until the final gun.  Final was 31 - 24 Pats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Re:

All I can say is, the Pats D better come prepared. If that rookie from Seattle can look like an All Pro against the Pats anemic passing defense, just think what a real passing QB like Luck can do. 

We'd be crazy to think this game is going to be an easy win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

In response to JulesWinfield's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The way I see it, what the Colts did last year was essentially the opposite of what a good basketball team does late in the game when they've got little chance of winning.  Players on the floor aggressively go after the ball.  They don't necessarily intentionally foul; they are just less concerned about fouling than they are getting the ball because they have nothing to lose.

The Colts (ownership) knew they had little chance of winning without Manning but instead of making desperation moves to win last year they cut their losses (financially), and went with what they had on the roster or with whatever 'value' player they could add.  

I wouldn't exactly call it 'tanking' so much as I would looking to the future.

My take.

[/QUOTE]

Simple facts are that abysmal QB play put them at 0-6, and the team quit.  Hard to admit as a Colts fan, but they had no heart last year.  They were defeated before they even stepped foot on the field.  A good coach could have gotten six to eight wins out of that team, but Caldwell was awful.  If the players, the GM, or the coaches were "tanking" purposefully to get the 1st pick in the draft, it really backfired on them...'cause most of them aren't around now for the Luck years... 

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps they quit in some games but I was at the Colts/Pats game last year and the Colts sure didn't quit in that game.  As I recall, they were down 2 touchdowns in the 4th and were playing hard until the final gun.  Final was 31 - 24 Pats.

[/QUOTE]

Once they got to 0-12 do you think the dynamic changed...?   they were being accused of tanking all year, they got a QB who could play and they all of a sudden started playing.

They then won 2 games against quality teams with winning records. 

At that point they were at a crisis in polians office... They had put so much work into tanking their way to a #1 pick ( obviously Luck), and they were one loss away.  WE HAVE TO LOSE TO 4-11 Jacksonville...!

You can imagine the drama, the squirming, the hair pulling...  They had come this far and now faced a must lose game to secure their prize.

It wasn't easy .  Jax was a division rival... Would they try and pull a tank on tank, and try to out tank them?  After all, if Jacksonville won the game they were rewarded by the prospect of facing a super QB TWICE A YEAR for 10 years or more...

give Indy credit, they fought hard and put up 3 points in the first half.  of course it could have been the weather.  Jacksonville Florida can be cold. 

final... Jax 19-13.  A heroic 4th quarter td for colts made it close. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re:

Did you know your favorite site CHFF has the colts ranked 25th although a 6-3 record?  Surely all of these great local football minds can't be wrong, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re:

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did you know your favorite site CHFF has the colts ranked 25th although a 6-3 record?  Surely all of these great local football minds can't be wrong, right?

[/QUOTE]

What it says is that even a 25th ranked statistical team ( basically a bad team) CAN STILL WIN 6 GAMES... 

Players play and coaches coach and it is impossible to go from a playoff team to 0-13...!!  UNLESS YOU TANK...!  Instead of arguing your silly points that have little merit, you might show some basic intelligence about football and acknowledge what your team did.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re:

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What it says is that even a 25th ranked statistical team ( basically a bad team) CAN STILL WIN 6 GAMES... 

Players play and coaches coach and it is impossible to go from a playoff team to 0-13...!!  UNLESS YOU TANK...!  Instead of arguing your silly points that have little merit, you might show some basic intelligence about football and acknowledge what your team did.

[/QUOTE]

Schedule has a lot to do with it.  Don't forget the colts were competitive in many of the games they lost, and as you said, you don't think it is the players or coaches who are causing this.  No one else is on the field at that time. 

The biggest mistake the colts made last year was letting orlovsky go and keeping painter.  Orlovsky, however, did not in the preseason to differentiate himself from Painter and Painter knew the offense better.  Add to that Polian's mentality about never thinking he's wrong (he drafted Painter so Painter must be good), and you have what the colts have. 

Remember, they hoped to have manning back before the end of the season.  I actually think they thought they could win with Collins.  When that didn't happen, they had to play Painter.  When that didn't happen they brought back Orlovsky who proved to actually be better than Painter.

A perfect storm of injuries, schedule, and bad decisions that caused a literal housecleaning.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re:

I'm willing to hand it off to any legitimate media outlet that is willing to discuss it rationally.  So far the PC thing to say is that players would never tank, like its impossible...  Nobody is willing to look deeper at the management.  eventually it should be examined.  Polian as I have mentioned is the central figure and he works for ESPN.  how convenient... He can use his media position to drop little comments to help spin the situation like he did on the svp radio show.

At least someone look at the historical anomaly of a playoff team coincidentally getting the #1 pick one year later...  that just happens to be can't miss luck.

Most people dismiss it because you can't change it or you can't prove it. wait til somebody on the inside starts talking.  Then it will get interesting...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jac1421. Show jac1421's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

Dude, you're an idiot.  Professional teams do not tank seasons. Period.  Look at how many guys on that Colts team from last year are now unemployed.  Those guys all lost their jobs.  That was a bad team that was held together by Peyton.  He got hurt, then they had other significant injuries and they just weren't very good. 

And you can't use the argument that, all of a sudden they are winning this year because they aren't tanking because they are a totally different team this year!  Different management, different players, different scheme.  You pats fans are only crying about this because the Colts are actually performing better this year than everyone thought.  So, all of a sudden you guys are crying that the Colts tanked last season.

Geez, what a bunch of cry-babies.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jac1421. Show jac1421's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

I'm willing to hand it off to any legitimate media outlet that is willing to discuss it rationally.  So far the PC thing to say is that players would never tank, like its impossible...  Nobody is willing to look deeper at the management.  eventually it should be examined.  Polian as I have mentioned is the central figure and he works for ESPN.  how convenient... He can use his media position to drop little comments to help spin the situation like he did on the svp radio show.

At least someone look at the historical anomaly of a playoff team coincidentally getting the #1 pick one year later...  that just happens to be can't miss luck.

Most people dismiss it because you can't change it or you can't prove it. wait til somebody on the inside starts talking.  Then it will get interesting...

[/QUOTE]
    Paranoia will destroy ya.  :)