Survey: Should We Trade For Terrell Owens

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Survey: Should We Trade For Terrell Owens

Grogan77 and lampart both posted boards noting that Terrell Owens might be available via trade.  Should the Patriots try to  trade for him?

Problem Child?
    Savior?

You decide!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Re: Survey: Should We Trade For Terrell Owens

I'd take Lee also, but I just didn't see it as realistic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Problem child.  Once Brady regains his old form we will all forget about this.  Remember how long it took Peyton to get back to form last year?  We might have a few more games of hit and miss.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Here is a thought - convert Maroney into a WR.  He has the speed, can move for the YACs, knows the O, he definitely is not cutting it as a RB.  He always seems to catch passes in his direction. Of course, that means getting another RB.  Any other downside?  If QB Edleman can become a receiver, and the Bears can convert Hester form CB to WR, why not?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

In Response to Survey: Should We Trade For Terrell Owens:
    [QUOTE]Grogan77 and lampart both posted boards noting that Terrell Owens might be available via trade.  Should the Patriots try to  trade for him? Problem Child? Savior? You decide!
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

what could it hurt? Offense is terrible, dismal.
    Offense hasn't been this bad since the start of '06 season with
    all the cast offs and the Doug Gabriel experiment.
    end result, blowing a 21 point lead in the AFC Title Game losing to the
    Colts.

I think on an even level, Terrell Owens can help this Patriot Team.
    sign him to a 1 year deal just to win the super bowl.
    He won't shoot his mouth off. I think Moss and Owens will get along just fine.
    They just want to win. Owens will be a better posession receiver than Galloway,
    it's what he does. Galloway would be better running out routes, just going vertical, it's what he does best, great decoy  if any. good to stretch the field.
    if fact, if Galloway and Moss both went vertical patriots probably could run the ball more effective, ala stretch play what the Colts do.
    I mean, the worse thing that could happen by picking up Owens is Patriots
     might not win the super bowl? Right now as it stands, the patriots might
     not even be close to getting to a super bowl, so they have nothing to lose
     but the season itself.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Owens is a nutcase. Belichick can handle competitors like Dillon and Moss who are disgruntled because they're not on a winning team and maybe need to mature a bit to handle their situation better, but Owens is in a different league altogether.  He's not just immature or unhappy--he's psychotic.

And I don't know how to answer the survey question: the answer about Owens is no, but we're definitely not fine. We desperately need another wideout across from Moss. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Survey: Should We Trade For Terrell Owens:
    [QUOTE]Owens is a nutcase. Belichick can handle competitors like Dillon and Moss who are disgruntled because they're not on a winning team and maybe need to mature a bit to handle their situation better, but Owens is in a different league altogether.  He's not just immature or unhappy--he's psychotic. And I don't know how to answer the survey question: the answer about Owens is no, but we're definitely not fine. We desperately need another wideout across from Moss. 
    Posted by soloflyfisher[/QUOTE]

He won't explode in a one year deal. Let's be honest, if the league thinks that Belichick can't change T.O. no one will be willing to give him a shot. You guys can say, wait until Brady gets back in form all you want, but teams double up Moss, Welker, and have a great coverman on Watson. If the Pats had a 3rd WR like T.O. he would be a mismatch for secondaries. What do we have to lose here? Galloway isn't the answer, Tate won't see the offensive side of the ball this year, and Aiken is a ST player. We need a WR, 0TD passes in the second half of any game this year is embarrassing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Survey: Should We Trade For Terrell Owens : He won't explode in a one year deal. Let's be honest, if the league thinks that Belichick can't change T.O. no one will be willing to give him a shot. You guys can say, wait until Brady gets back in form all you want, but teams double up Moss, Welker, and have a great coverman on Watson. If the Pats had a 3rd WR like T.O. he would be a mismatch for secondaries. What do we have to lose here? Galloway isn't the answer, Tate won't see the offensive side of the ball this year, and Aiken is a ST player. We need a WR, 0TD passes in the second half of any game this year is embarrassing.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Watching the way TO destroyed his QBs and disrupted team chemistry in SF, Philly, and Dallas scares me, especially with Brady not playing his best right now. Brady doesn't need the distraction of a psychotic, egomaniacal prima dona mixed in to his receiving corp. And TO still drops a lot of balls.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Survey: Should We Trade For Terrell Owens : Watching the way TO destroyed his QBs and disrupted team chemistry in SF, Philly, and Dallas scares me, especially with Brady not playing his best right now. Brady doesn't need the distraction of a psychotic, egomaniacal prima dona mixed in to his receiving corp. And TO still drops a lot of balls.

He is in a one year deal. He has to behave and perform well if he wants to get a long-term deal. In Dallas, SF, and PHI he was the best WR if not the best player on the team. In NE, he is the 3rd best receiver. This is a Brady and Belichick team. He can't challenge anyone's authority here. We need him as much as he needs a good QB to catch throws from. Randy Moss will keep him in check, neither have a ring. Without Brady, there is no ring.

BTW, Galloway drops passes, too. If there is another option let me know because I don't see one. Evans won't be traded.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Survey: Should We Trade For Terrell Owens : He is in a one year deal. He has to behave and perform well if he wants to get a long-term deal. In Dallas, SF, and PHI he was the best WR if not the best player on the team. In NE, he is the 3rd best receiver. This is a Brady and Belichick team. He can't challenge anyone's authority here. We need him as much as he needs a good QB to catch throws from. Randy Moss will keep him in check, neither have a ring. Without Brady, there is no ring. BTW, Galloway drops passes, too. If there is another option let me know because I don't see one. Evans won't be traded.

Maybe 49, but it just seems to me that unlike Moss and Dillon who were both liked by their teammates, TO is hated by them. That's a pretty unusual dynamic. I'm not sure TO is controllable. i just don't think he's mentally stable enough.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Survey: Should We Trade For Terrell Owens : He won't explode in a one year deal. Let's be honest, if the league thinks that Belichick can't change T.O. no one will be willing to give him a shot. You guys can say, wait until Brady gets back in form all you want, but teams double up Moss, Welker, and have a great coverman on Watson. If the Pats had a 3rd WR like T.O. he would be a mismatch for secondaries. What do we have to lose here? Galloway isn't the answer, Tate won't see the offensive side of the ball this year, and Aiken is a ST player. We need a WR, 0TD passes in the second half of any game this year is embarrassing.

TO would be so happy to play for the Pats and with Moss and Brady helping manange his mouth TO would be a good addition. I imagine TO would get his opportunities catch passes. The bottom line is this; unless the Pats make some blockbuster trade they have a 50/50 chance of making the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Yes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

[QUOTE]Grogan77 and lampart both posted boards noting that Terrell Owens might be available via trade.  Should the Patriots try to  trade for him? Problem Child? Savior? You decide!

He is not available for a trade and even if he was I would hope the pats would have more sense. 3 times        3 times he has proven that he is a complete p.o.s

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

the bills can keep their drop diva

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Survey: Should We Trade For Terrell Owens : He is not available for a trade and even if he was I would hope the pats would have more sense. 3 times        3 times he has proven that he is a complete p.o.s
    Posted by steve1581[/QUOTE]

I agree with this post. Why would the Bils trade him anyway? He's the only thing thats selling tickets. Maroney should be a Kevin Faulk, he can catch passes out of the back field and when he is in space I think he could be very productive. The guy dances at the line cause theres no holes to run thru.

I don't understand why people want to trade a guy who does everything he's asked, is no problems off the field, keeps in shape and keeps his mouth shut for someone as explosive as TO. Who next Vick?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom12isgod. Show tom12isgod's posts

Response to Survey: Should We Trade For Terrell Owens:

Why trade for a deep threat when our QB can't throw the deep ball?
    We desperately need a feature back, since Maroney is a bust.
    We have 2 third-down backs splitting the load right now, and it's not enough.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I'm in for a NO.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

T-O is N-O  good.  He does us more good playing for the Bills than he does playing for the Pats. I wish the rest of the divison rivals had more players like him on their teams. And there is a good chance TO will be with the Bills for a 2-3 years, as usual, longer than a one-year deal here.  Let him rot our rival.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

BTW Buffalo is not going to trade with the Patriots if it will make New England better no matte who the Pats ask for.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I don't think it's possible and even if it were he's too disruptive. What's the deal with Gallowey? Is he still learning the playbook? What a waste of time if this jacka$$ can't get out there and contribute.

What's Marvin Harrison doing these days? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kanuho19. Show kanuho19's posts

Well i think we need a 3rd WR now? brady not himself?but bring in T.O could cause promble for defense...plus T.O want 2 win game? i think he well have a great career in new england!!so tom and bill? bring in T.O give him a chance:)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from earlWilson. Show earlWilson's posts

CRAZINESS

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

H*ll freaking NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Owens is a nutcase. Belichick can handle competitors like Dillon and Moss who are disgruntled because they're not on a winning team and maybe need to mature a bit to handle their situation better, but Owens is in a different league altogether.  He's not just immature or unhappy--he's psychotic. And I don't know how to answer the survey question: the answer about Owens is no, but we're definitely not fine. We desperately need another wideout across from Moss. 

I meant to have a fourth response called "no, find someone else", but when I accidentally hit Enter on my keyboard, the survey posted and I couldn't change it...