Systems don't win championships, players do.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

Systems don't win championships, players do.

First I want to get few things straight.

I love the pats, big fan of bill (as a coach who manages the game well)

but I hate his attitude, I think everybody does. Each year he moves down on draft, he never sees anybody worth moving up for?? He passed on Clay Matthews last year and in retrospect that was a horrible move (last year he had 10 sacks and 36 tackles) and this year he passed on Jerry Hughes and colts took him (and the colts have better track record than belichick on drafting.

Does value truimph talent?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Re: Systems don't win championships, players do.

I agree.

I really like Bill as a coach, but I HATE how he is so stuck on "a certain size" or a "system guy".  Are you able to coach or not Bill? Great coaches can mold players to fit their systems and you're a great coach.

Oh yeah BTW, how has "Bill's system" faired since he lost all his quality coordinators?

I'm not hating on Bill, just really frustrated over his complete lack of the ability to think outside the tiny box he has created.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

I mean Dez Bryant is Dez Bryant. Sure he had baggage,but who doesn't ????
    He was the right answer to Brandon Marshall, but instead we got ...,

And wait and watch as Brandon  Marshalls all over this McCarthy guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Systems don't win championships, players do. How many championships has Washington won? Come to think of it how many has Indy won? On the other hand how has teams like Pit done it all these years. Yes systems don't win championships in of them selfs but you can put average players talent wise with lots a heart into the system and they wll beat the hell out of talent eveytime. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

In Response to Re: Systems don't win championships, players do.:
    Systems don't win championships, players do. How many championships has Washington won? Come to think of it how many has Indy won? On the other hand how has teams like Pit done it all these years. Yes systems don't win championships in of them selfs but you can put average players talent wise with lots a heart into the system and they wll beat the hell out of talent eveytime. 
    Posted by fourjays30

What are you talking about we had major talent back then, Ty Law, Tedy Bruschi, Richard Seymore, Larry Izzo, Dion Branch I could go on...
    in 2007 we loaded on WR and that's why we went 18-0.

Good Systems + Good Players = Championships.
    Good Systems + Value Player = Lot of jerseys and tickets sold to Ditto head fans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I agree. I really like Bill as a coach, but I HATE how he is so stuck on "a certain size" or a "system guy".  Are you able to coach or not Bill? Great coaches can mold players to fit their systems and you're a great coach. Oh yeah BTW, how has "Bill's system" faired since he lost all his quality coordinators? I'm not hating on Bill, just really frustrated over his complete lack of the ability to think outside the tiny box he has created.
    Posted by jedinate

yeah, that 2007 season was HORRIBLE!

Wow, where do you people com from?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Systems don't win championships, players do.:
    First I want to get few things straight. I love the pats, big fan of bill (as a coach who manages the game well) but I hate his attitude, I think everybody does. Each year he moves down on draft, he never sees anybody worth moving up for?? He passed on Clay Matthews last year and in retrospect that was a horrible move (last year he had 10 sacks and 36 tackles) and this year he passed on   Jerry Hughes  and colts took him (and the colts have better track record than  belichick on drafting. Does value truimph talent?
    Posted by akius

His attitude is one of his best traits.....I don't mind moving down in the draft, we get more picks and we get the player we wanted....win-win.

And your Systems don't win championships, players do comment is partially correct......or partially wrong.....It is the correct players that are in the system that win championships....apparently if you put Galloway in this system, then it wouldn't work......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

that's what I'm saying. I'm just saying he always always takes safe bets on the first round. And his track record for the first round ist't so good (except mayo) all of em have been ok picks and I think this will be one of them

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

that's what I'm saying. I'm just saying he always always takes safe bets on the first round. And his track record for the first round ist't so good (except mayo) all of em have been ok picks and I think this will be one of them
    Posted by akius

What?  Seymour, Wilfork, Mankings, Meriweather, Mayo.....isn't a good track record?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Systems don't win championships, players do. : What are you talking about we had major talent back then, Ty Law, Tedy Bruschi, Richard Seymore, Larry Izzo, Dion Branch I could go on... in 2007 we loaded on WR and that's why we went 18-0. Good Systems + Good Players = Championships. Good Systems + Value Player = Lot of jerseys and tickets sold to Ditto head fans.
    Posted by akius

I don't know the answer to this and am too lazy to look it up but...
    How many Players from the Patriots first championship team made the pro bowl that year? And, How many of the Patriots "Star" Players that have left the team have made the pro bowl since they went elsewhere for greener pastures?

There is a happy medium to this equation of system and players and this is sort of like the chicken or the egg riddle.

You sound unhappy with the pick but you don't even know how the guy is going to play yet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Players don't win Chamionships, teams do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Players don't win Chamionships, teams do.
    Posted by shenanigan

Nice one. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

In Response to Re: Systems don't win championships, players do. : yeah, that 2007 season was HORRIBLE! Wow, where do you people com from?
    Posted by m1021us

I'm glad you're happy with stats not attached to Championships, but this isn't the Colts we are talking about. I'll take 2001's non record breaking season, over 2007 any day.