Talib coming in early and leaving late to learn system

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Talib coming in early and leaving late to learn system

I can't help but laugh and wonder if it would be better for him to NOT learn the system.

Obviously an exaggeration 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Talib coming in early and leaving late to learn system

Less is More in this case. Show the kid the weight room and tell em to be at Gillete by noon!

On a serious note. If this addition doesnt also come with a change of philosophy(more agressive play, bump n run, and less passive play, soft cover 2 zone) then he will not do anything other than s*ck like the rest of them. I mean he is a man to man guy like Ras who couldnt even see the field when he was healthy this year because of lack of instincts in zone coverage so if they didnt switch it up to suit "Their" guy in Ras I, I dont see them doing it now unless they realize they are desperate in change it up going forward but judging by what I saw last week.....IDk

Lets hope we see more aggressive play like we saw in London. Like Troy Brown said. You cant get any worse playing the way weve seen already so why not switch it up. Im not talking overhaul, but maybe blitzing more than 5 % of the game

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Less is More in this case. Show the kid the weight room and tell em to be at Gillete by noon!

On a serious note. If this addition doesnt also come with a change of philosophy(more agressive play, bump n run, and less passive play, soft cover 2 zone) then he will not do anything other than s*ck like the rest of them. I mean he is a man to man guy like Ras who couldnt even see the field when he was healthy this year because of lack of instincts in zone coverage so if they didnt switch it up to suit "Their" guy in Ras I, I dont see them doing it now unless they realize they are desperate in change it up going forward but judging by what I saw last week.....IDk

Lets hope we see more aggressive play like we saw in London. Like Troy Brown said. You cant get any worse playing the way weve seen already so why not switch it up. Im not talking overhaul, but maybe blitzing more than 5 % of the game

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. If it does come with a philosophy change that involves tighter coverage and more blitzing, one guy is not going to make a major difference.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Maybe he's teaching the coaches a better system, one that will stop a 20 yard passing play.  Hit the receiver at the line when he gets back up, stay with him until the ball is throw, if it comes your way knock it down or catch it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't help but laugh and wonder if it would be better for him to NOT learn the system.

Obviously an exaggeration 

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, nice one!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

great post. nice observation abotu what they did with ras.

is the game passing bb by.

nah dont think so, hes always been super conservative and very very very stubborn

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe he's teaching the coaches a better system, one that will stop a 20 yard passing play.  Hit the receiver at the line when he gets back up, stay with him until the ball is throw, if it comes your way knock it down or catch it.

[/QUOTE]

love it tom!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Haha, I was going to say he's obviously staying late because the coaching staff keeps asking him questions about how he does it...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

If this guy can just prevent one long td pass a game this might all be worth it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

nah dont think so, hes always been super conservative and very very very stubborn

[/QUOTE]

FOr those of us who have been watching BB's career, whether it be here or elsewhere, he hasn't been "very stubborn" whatsoever.

He's infamous for adapting like a chameloen from game to game or even half to half. No Def Coordinator or Def-minded coach is so quick to change or adapt based on personnel at hand than BB.

He's coached literally 4 different defenses to a SB here alone. The 2003 and 2004 Ds were essentially the same Ds.

You just have absolutely no idea, apparently, STILL, that BB treats his seasons as marathons, not sprints. He doesn't care about stats. He doesn't care what the media says or which team the media loves. He doesn't care. Nor should you.

For your to sit here as some teenie bopper who doesn't work, doesn't go to school, etc, and pretend you know better than BB, is quite comical to everyone here.

You're just another Mazz/Felger stooge who has been brainwashed into thinking that the old meanie, BB, is "stubborn" and not a good coach.  Congrats!  You're officially able to be bought and sold as a naive Pats fans, simply because a bald dork with a whiny voice has it out for BB, alongside his feminine blabbermouth partner from Wisconsin.

[/QUOTE]

I dont know if this statement is entirely true and if so how would you prove it. You love to just throw out random things such as this with no merit or proof. Now I am not trying to belittle what BB has done in his career but judging by what weve seen in the past few years compared to what weve seen in the "glory days" and also how Crennel still has K.C. playing some good defense that the in game changes were more to due to with Crennel than anything else. How else do you explain fans complaining about the same schemes that dont work for over 2 years now?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE]

For your to sit here  and pretend you know better than BB, is quite comical to everyone here.

[/QUOTE]

Hello Pot....meet Kettle!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

One side benefit is that the secondary just doesn't communicate with each other. I don't know what it is but I remember when Law and Rodney were here heads were constantly turning, arms and fingers flying everywhere, and mouths always moving. Now they all stare at their assignments hands on thighs mouths shut. One thing about Talib is that he has a big mouth. Hopefully you'll see a lot of talking now in the back field and people closing holes and picking up pass offs

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Seriously, I prefer this defense to me 3rd and 2nd situations than 3rd and 10. I like this defenses chances of stopping a 2 yard run more than stopping a 10 yard pass. I don't know why teams bother running against the Patriots. In obvious pass situations (end of halves) this defense still can't stop the pass

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to tanbass's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

For your to sit here  and pretend you know better than BB, is quite comical to everyone here.

[/QUOTE]

Hello Pot....meet Kettle!!

[/QUOTE]

What? I am the one attacked for being a BB Ballwasher.  You make no sense. I may disagree from time to time with how does something, but generally, no, I don't act like BdBreu who thinks he's overall, more intelligent than BB.

That's preposterous.

[/QUOTE]

You have been trying to shove your supposed football knowledge down everyone's throats for a long time here....to a tune of getting banned several times. You have been on a crusade to convince everyone how bad our offense is, and how bad Brady performs week after week. You go off each and every day telling everyone how this team should be run, and you don't see the irony of your post? You are seriously hopeless man!! For you to say that others are always the ones attacking you is probably the most comical thing of all.....let alone you calling out others for thinking they know it all......when that's all you do day after day after day....Trust me, if they took a poll here on this message board for the biggest pain in the a-s-s, who everyone wants gone.....just take a look in the mirror for the winner. Your sense of reality is beyond scary....

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

If Talib can shadow Wayne and limit him to 4 or 5 catches for less than 10 yards each Luck's Luck will run out and he'll be confused and have to look for his second and third receivers.  That will give our O line time to put some hits on him too!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[/QUOTE]

Please take a poll, then.  Start a thread and we'll count up the choices.

Are you denying that a small group here have been following me around with trolls for years here, embarrassed I exposed them, only to report me repeatedly, when in fact their own behavior has been as bad or worse?

My sense of reality is, our online fans in Pats Land are an embarrassment and obsessed with stats, Tom Brady throwing a lot, video games and fantasy football.

They're angry he hasn't been better in the last 2 SBs so they blame a meanie named Bill Belichick, because the media has told them to do so.

Just what are people like you going to do if it's AGAIN Brady not playing well when it matters? Will you admit it?

This offense doesn't stink. Never said that, ever, so don't lie. See, people like you or trolls, like to lie and put words in my mouth. 

Many people AGREE with ME about the flaws of the offense. A few small tweaks on offense as the way to fix the root problem with this offense being too finesse in the postseason, isn't me thinking I know all or telling you how the team should be run. Immature much? It's called having an informed opinion.

I've done the research. This offense will not help this team win a SB if Brady is in a base shotgun in January and Feb throwing 40+ times. Take the bet or be quiet.

[/QUOTE]

I rest my case.....thank you for continuing to show your colors. The poll thing was a joke, kinda like you thinking what I said isn't true. Good luck with the line of thinking that the offense is costing us games though....sounds really intelligent. God I miss ignore....

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to tanbass's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please take a poll, then.  Start a thread and we'll count up the choices.

Are you denying that a small group here have been following me around with trolls for years here, embarrassed I exposed them, only to report me repeatedly, when in fact their own behavior has been as bad or worse?

My sense of reality is, our online fans in Pats Land are an embarrassment and obsessed with stats, Tom Brady throwing a lot, video games and fantasy football.

They're angry he hasn't been better in the last 2 SBs so they blame a meanie named Bill Belichick, because the media has told them to do so.

Just what are people like you going to do if it's AGAIN Brady not playing well when it matters? Will you admit it?

This offense doesn't stink. Never said that, ever, so don't lie. See, people like you or trolls, like to lie and put words in my mouth. 

Many people AGREE with ME about the flaws of the offense. A few small tweaks on offense as the way to fix the root problem with this offense being too finesse in the postseason, isn't me thinking I know all or telling you how the team should be run. Immature much? It's called having an informed opinion.

I've done the research. This offense will not help this team win a SB if Brady is in a base shotgun in January and Feb throwing 40+ times. Take the bet or be quiet.

[/QUOTE]

I rest my case.....thank you for continuing to show your colors. The poll thing was a joke, kinda like you thinking what I said isn't true. Good luck with the line of thinking that the offense is costing us games though....sounds really intelligent. God I miss ignore....

[/QUOTE]

You rest your case? It sure likes like a backpedal to the rest of us.  lol

I am pretty sure eeking out 14 points in SB 42 or 17 in SB 46, not doing anything of substance for an entire quarter and a half in the second half, lost us the SB.

This isn't 1971 where you can maybe score 14 or 17 points and win a SB.    You're obtuse thinking it's even 2004.

There is a new sheriff in town and his name is Rogie Goodell.  It's not my problem (or anyone else's) that you don't get that an underperforming offense when it counts in the postseason, is a BAD thing if you want to win.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty, by the time you get to the SB you are going to meet a Great team, it doesn't matter if you score 30 point a game all season, you are now playing one of the best Defenses in the league.  If we had played NO or GB instead of NY it would have been a shoot out, but not the way the Giants were playing last year or in 07.  In both of those game Mr. Brady gave us a lead inside the 2 minute warning and the D couldn't hang on.  Stop Whining about the Offense, it's getting old!  Hater!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

FOr those of us who have been watching BB's career, whether it be here or elsewhere, he hasn't been "very stubborn" whatsoever.

He's infamous for adapting like a chameloen from game to game or even half to half. No Def Coordinator or Def-minded coach is so quick to change or adapt based on personnel at hand than BB.

He's coached literally 4 different defenses to a SB here alone. The 2003 and 2004 Ds were essentially the same Ds.

You just have absolutely no idea, apparently, STILL, that BB treats his seasons as marathons, not sprints. He doesn't care about stats. He doesn't care what the media says or which team the media loves. He doesn't care. Nor should you.

For your to sit here as some teenie bopper who doesn't work, doesn't go to school, etc, and pretend you know better than BB, is quite comical to everyone here.

You're just another Mazz/Felger stooge who has been brainwashed into thinking that the old meanie, BB, is "stubborn" and not a good coach.  Congrats!  You're officially able to be bought and sold as a naive Pats fans, simply because a bald dork with a whiny voice has it out for BB, alongside his feminine blabbermouth partner from Wisconsin.

[/QUOTE]

You  seem  to  be  cherry  picking  to  support  your  argument.  You  say  BB  is  not  stubborn  because  he  changes  defensive  schemes, even  half  to  half.  All  coaches  do  that  to  some  degree.  BB  seems  to  be  quite  stubborn  in  many  aspects  of  GM  and  HC  responsibilities.  Also, he  seems  to  have  difficulty  in  admitting  mistakes.  He  kept  using  that  rigid  "value  system"  of  drafting  for  years.  The  result  was  an  abject  failure  in  which  the  PATS  D  is  still  paying  the  price.  BB  has  had  more  1st, 2nd  and  3rd  round  busts  in  the  past  6  years  than  anyone.  Finally, after  years  of  draft  busts, last  year  he  abandoned  that  strategy.  Also, he's  been  stubborn  in  refusing  to  hire  quality  coaches  since  Weiss  and  Crennel  left.  Hiring  Josh  Boyer,  with  no  NFL  experience,  from  South  Dakota  School  of  Mines  and  Technology  is  embarassing.  And  the  results  of  the  secondary  have  been  embarassing  for  years.  And  BB  has  been  stubborn  in  refusing  to  sign  a  high  qualty  FA  since  the  Adalius  Thomas  bust.  Name  one  good  quality  FA  on  D  that  he's  signed  that  has  remained  with  the  team  for  more  than  a  year  since  Rodney  Harrison.  I  understand  the  limitations  of  the  salary  cap  and  that  one  generally  avoids  high  price  bidding  for  quality  free  agents.  And  a  proficient  GM  knows  when  to  make  it  happen.  Slowly, as  time  passes  and  the  window  with  TB  closes, Belichick  becomes  more  and  more  exposed.

25. This post has been removed.