Talib

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Talib

Lost in some of the hub bub of will the Pats sign him or will they not, and for how much, is the Pats could franchise him. looking at the franchise numbers for CB's (not set in stone) the number would be between $10.5 and $11.2M...

Do the Pats go 1 year at that $$number, rather than try to sign him on the open market?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Re: Talib

I wouldn't be surprised if Talib walks and they go with Logan Ryan

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

No chance the Pats go $10.5 (or more) million for any cornerback. They are going to be looking at some seriously difficult roster decisions this offseason, with health concerns at OL, TE, WR, DL, LB, CB, S. I think its going to be difficult for Vince to come back at 350+ pounds and stay healthy on his legs, the older he gets, the harder this will be. I'm hoping he loses some weight. No telling how Kelly will be next year either. Mayo got hurt and Spikes may or may not be back, so LB is a concern. Gregory has never made it through a full season. Need to revamp the TE position, I hate it, but Gronk is always injured. All 3 rookie WRs have missed time, as has Amendola. And the OL has been patchwork for much of the year. The fact that they are 10-3 (and could have an even better record if not for a couple questionable calls) playing shorthanded most of the year, are in line for the number one seed if they win out, and haven't lost a game by more than 7 points is amazing, but they are going to need some roster help going forward. That $10.5 million will be used for depth at multiple positions.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

You can't pay an unreliable guy anything big and let's not forget his reputation as a thug. I watched him blow his lid against Steve Smith in front of a national audience, that couldn't of been something the Patriots wanted to see and never mind the fact that he also got destroyed by Smith on the field. You ever watch this guy do an interview? This is not a warm and fuzzy guy, now I'm sure we could live with that if his hip wouldn't knock him out of 4-6 games every year, but it does. I don't think anyone is going to sign him to the big contract he thinks he's going to get...not with his track record of going down and out...not with his track record off the field either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

With Talib's nagging injuries there is no way the Pats will sign him up for any extended contract... Not sure if he is ever coming back 100% from his nagging hip injury among other things.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I don't see bb dishing out franchise money for Talib. Even if he was the second coming of a shutdown corner with no attitude or injury history, bb doesn't for whatever reason seem to want to invest that kind of money in secondary players. Mccourty won't get that kind of money, and I don't think he pays Talib anything near it.

Ryan is adequate, but then you only have Dennard and Arrington as the only decent corners left on the team. That is worrisome. I expect him to yet again, draft a cb and probably bring in a veteran corner for,cheap Money. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Have to agree with some who say no on Talib. I don't think you can tie up that kind of cap space on a player that has a chronic injury. 

Agree with Pat's lifer they will most likely bring in a veteran CB but I disagree it will be cheap money. I think they will try and find a middle to high end FA say like a Vontae Davis type. I don't see a high draft pick on a CB perhaps somewhere around the 4th or 5th round.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

• Never completed a full season in his career
    • Nagging injures including a hip flexor that keeps popping up
    • Inconsistent play from time to time

I honestly don't think anyone is going to give him top CB money so why give him the tag? Now someone might price him out of NE but I don't think it will be for as much as some think.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

• Never completed a full season in his career
    • Nagging injures including a hip flexor that keeps popping up
    • Inconsistent play from time to time

I honestly don't think anyone is going to give him top CB money so why give him the tag? Now someone might price him out of NE but I don't think it will be for as much as some think.

[/QUOTE]

4 years 25 mill.. that's a deal he will sign with some team.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Talib has digressed of late, injuries or not he's hurt his market value. His displays of lack of discipline I'll wager have not sat well with BB. A big money deal ain't in the cards here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

I want to keep him, but no Talib is not worth franchise tag.  We have great need for TE, OL, DT in that order in the draft.  Maybe Logan steps up.  We parbably should sign a free agent CB if Talib leaves, BB has prven his incompetance re drafting this position.  See Babe's post elsewere re this.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

only way i see Talib coming back is if he takes less that what is expected. PAts wont tag him at 10.5... and  they wont give him the 4 year 60 mil with like 30 gt. which is a number being thrown around. i could see him back if it is 3 years 30 mil

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Talib has digressed of late, injuries or not he's hurt his market value. His displays of lack of discipline I'll wager have not sat well with BB. A big money deal ain't in the cards here.

[/QUOTE]

bb has gone out of his way praising the guy recently remarking how much everybody on the team likes the guy

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lost in some of the hub bub of will the Pats sign him or will they not, and for how much, is the Pats could franchise him. looking at the franchise numbers for CB's (not set in stone) the number would be between $10.5 and $11.2M...

Do the Pats go 1 year at that $$number, rather than try to sign him on the open market?

[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.  The cap hell Pats, already with 120+mil committed for 2014?  Not sure how that 10 mil hit will fit.   Bill has become a victim of his poor cap management after mortaging and remortaging the future by re-doing Brady's deal so many times.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Have to agree with some who say no on Talib. I don't think you can tie up that kind of cap space on a player that has a chronic injury. 

Agree with Pat's lifer they will most likely bring in a veteran CB but I disagree it will be cheap money. I think they will try and find a middle to high end FA say like a Vontae Davis type. I don't see a high draft pick on a CB perhaps somewhere around the 4th or 5th round.

[/QUOTE]

Possibly. I think they will pick cb in the draft, and it will depend on a number of things. I don't know where I would rank cb in terms of need...I want bb to upgrade DT as well. I however if siliga finishes out the year strong,, vw comes back in tact and armstead shows up, we may not see a DT drafted. 

I haven't been over to MB's draft thread in a bit. Eng, who are the corners say in round 2-4 That fit the Pats? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.  The cap hell Pats, already with 120+mil committed for 2014?  Not sure how that 10 mil hit will fit.   Bill has become a victim of his poor cap management after mortaging and remortaging the future by re-doing Brady's deal so many times.

[/QUOTE]

That's easily fixed just like the jests did this past offseason. There is no cap hell, it's an urban myth.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's easily fixed just like the jests did this past offseason. There is no cap hell, it's an urban myth.

[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, you must have some inside scoop.  Will Bill re-do Brady's contract again and push his cap hit back up, maybe to 25 mil for 2015? How many times can you go to the well? Talib & Edelman will be UFAs, need a starting TE, starting NT, all with the 120 mil already committed? Tell me the plan.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

We should get Talib for half price.  He only plays half the season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Let him go. He hurts himself too much.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

bb has gone out of his way praising the guy recently remarking how much everybody on the team likes the guy

It's consitent. BB has been saying these good things about him since training camp.  It reminds me of how he praised Corey Dillon during that 3rd Super Bowl run, calling him a "solid guy". And he was.  Then BB rewarded him with a big contract the next year and Dillon became a problem in the locker room so BB cut him after the season.  

Talib's cronic hip issue worries me, I don't think he's worth a lot of money after this year.