Talking "smack" to other NFL fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Talking "smack" to other NFL fans

I just can't get into it, and here's why.

Doing so makes me feel like a fair weather fan.

Think about it. If I say, "the Colts stink" or "the Jets stink", am I not also saying that my team, in this case the Patriots (smile when you type that), do not? And wouldn't I be implying that a team "stinking" is a reason to not like it?

Maybe I'm simplifying too much. Perhaps some feel that it is a fan's obligation to rip up other teams/fans whether you really think they are good or not.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: Talking "smack" to other NFL fans

I only talk smack if it is started by someone else, however as a Pats fan most people know talking smack to us is fairly futile. Now I do love a good argument/debate about whos team is better. But just throwing out insults is no way to make anyone beleive your team is better, even if they clearly are and the Pats clearly are better than everyone Tongue Out

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I agree with Freediro. I rarely talk smack but if someone starts talking some I can really get into it. Mostly with my friends or a friend of a friend at a party and even that is mostly light hearted jabbing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In Response to Re: Talking "smack" to other NFL fans:
    [QUOTE]Football is all about trash talking and if you can't deal with it.... don't read or post... life is too short to be mad all the time.
    Posted by ManningRules[/QUOTE]

Football has nothing to do with talk. It is only about making the plays. Of course if you can't deal with a jerk (a fan or a player) than don't interact. But you my friend are a jerk if you think anything but being a jerk is all about the talk. If you are very good at your job it is highly unlikely you talk smack... because you don't need to.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Friendly banter when you're in the same room with someone is one thing, as long as it doesn't get too personal. But some of the things I see on this board get way beyond ridiculous, as though a persons identity and worth as a human being are somehow wrapped up in which team you root for. I feel that we as fans of the best franchise in football over the last ten years should hold ourselves above such things.

It's not fun.

It's not entertaining.

It is infantile and embarrassing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I agree with BB's philosophy; "when you lose say little, when you win say less."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from davedsone2. Show davedsone2's posts

I think THIS environment is different than NORMAL life.  I live in with the Eagles fans, and there is a bit of back and forth often.  It's generally good natured, and if you state a fact, people can't dispute it.. here there are no rules or boundaries, so morons seem to rule.  I don't come here as much as I used to for that reason, it's just too unpleasant and foolish.  Between trolls and the constant Rusty/Babe/Anyone endless fighting in EVERY thread, it just isn't good to be here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I think THIS environment is different than NORMAL life.  I live in with the Eagles fans, and there is a bit of back and forth often.  It's generally good natured, and if you state a fact, people can't dispute it.. here there are no rules or boundaries, so morons seem to rule.  I don't come here as much as I used to for that reason, it's just too unpleasant and foolish.  Between trolls and the constant Rusty/Babe/Anyone endless fighting in EVERY thread, it just isn't good to be here.
    Posted by davedsone2[/QUOTE]

I have not seen anyone say they missed your whining.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Talking "smack" to other NFL fans : I have not seen anyone say they missed your whining.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I miss his whining. seriously dave was a good poster

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrBoJackHoff. Show MrBoJackHoff's posts

Nothing wrong with a little football smack. Unless of course you cant handle the truth.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Think about it. If I say, "the Colts stink" or "the Jets stink", am I not also saying that my team, in this case the Patriots (smile when you type that), do not? And wouldn't I be implying that a team "stinking" is a reason to not like it?

But the Jets ande colts do stink. I hate the Jets, always have always will. I'll hope everything bad happens to them with the exception of injury. I want the Pats to beat them with all their players on the field. I hate the Ravens too so add them to the above list.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I know most of them come here to do nothing more than start trouble but it's upsetting that some (Jet/Colt) fans come on this board and bring thier smack to us. When I see some of the posts I start laughing when those teams have done absolutely nothing to give them that right.

What should happen is when two or more people get into it they should take that argument and/or discussion and start a new thread so that any and all combatants can join in and let everyone else stay on topic. The problem with that is there's no audience to perform for so it doesn't happen.

I really hate to say this but as far as I'm concerned the only ones talking smack right now should be the Giants.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Between trolls and the constant Rusty/Babe/Anyone endless fighting in EVERY thread, it just isn't good to be here."

Agreed Dave. I don't come in here much anymore, but stopped making a stink about it because to each their own. To me the problem is mostly Rusty, there is something unsettling about how angry and dismissive he is. In sum, he's no fun.  I'm not sure I'd call him a troll exactly but I'd trade him and Josh Beckett for a package of picks and prospects anyday.