Tate Group

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

Tate Group

why is it that all these players with the last name Tate(Golden&Ben) are all amazing players and are all linked to the pats? i say we draft both of them to have the Terror Tate Trio. 2 at WR and 1 at RB, theres a reason why we drafted Brandon, and thats to have an army of Tates

GO TATES!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

Re: Tate Group

I assume your last name is TATE?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I agree both would help the o, I'm more on selecting B. Tate than G. Tate.  I think for value where Golden needs to be picked there are a couple of other players Andre Roberts who fill the same role and use the 1st round on a DE or OLB rather than G Tate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

not sold on golden-why waste a pick on a short WR, but i am sold on brandon

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1r3d12. Show m1r3d12's posts

In Response to Re: Tate Group:
    [QUOTE]not sold on golden-why waste a pick on a short WR, but i am sold on brandon
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like Welker?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tate Group : Yeah, like Welker?
    Posted by m1r3d12[/QUOTE]

that's what i mean we already have two slot receivers, welker and edelman

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]not sold on golden-why waste a pick on a short WR, but i am sold on brandon

You're sold on Brandon who has minimal experience at the WR position but not on Golden who was dominant for the last two years with defenses scheming to stop him?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ben-umass. Show ben-umass's posts

Desean Jackson is not a tall reciever, and thats worked out pretty good for Philly

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Here are some numbers that I just want to throw out there.....
    games played~192
    receptions~557
    yards~6366
    tds~31
    rushing att.~29 for 178 yards
    punt returns~252 for 2625 yards 3tds
    kickoff ret. 87 for 1862 yards
    3 interceptions
    12 fumble recoveries 1td

career numbers for a relatively short wide reciever.....5' 10" Troy Brown

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Here are some numbers that I just want to throw out there..... games played~192 receptions~557 yards~6366 tds~31 rushing att.~29 for 178 yards punt returns~252 for 2625 yards 3tds kickoff ret. 87 for 1862 yards 3 interceptions 12 fumble recoveries 1td career numbers for a relatively short wide reciever.....5' 10" Troy Brown
    Posted by harleyroadking103[/QUOTE]

what can one say, troy brown was a phenom. i think tate is ovverrated. shipley from texas would be better

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

Guys what was the reason why we got our hyines handed to us by all grade A teams last season???
    Lack of Pass Rush.
    and we have to have to use the first round pick to fill that spot, if we can't do that get ready for a repeat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

kansas~ you are right on about TB and Shipley, I confess I know little about Tate.
    I would be happy to see the Pats draft Shipley.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

But think about the confusion that can occure when the defense huddles up and the D captain says ok you cover Tate and I want you to cover Tate and I want you to watch Tate and if he swings out then you cover Tate

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

they would have really consenTATE because that TATEnt easy

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

~Personally, I couldn't be more excited about having Brandon Tate on this Patriot Team.  I don't think one could even attempt to OVER-estimate the impact Brandon Tate's going to have in the NFL...Honestly, the sky's the only limit on this kid's potential.  IF Brandon Tate, Didn't tear those multiple ligaments in his knee late in his Senior Year @ North Carolina, He'd probably have been a Top 10 Selection last draft...

SEE, It's not so much that Brandon Tate is a fast WR, Trully his 4.51 40 speed before his knee tears, Is well below average for the vast majority of wideouts.  It's that Brandon Tate is extremely quick & powerful out of his breaks...So Tate's multiple knee tears shouldn't effect that much.
         And also, It's not so much that Tate is a great route-tree runner...He isn't.  Brandon Tate is far better at doing these quick body adjustments to the thrown pass his way, along with really good body shifts without losing any speed, once he does catch the pass thrown to him...Again, Tate's 2 knee ligament tears, should in NO way, have much or any effect on these qualities to his game-play...  So that's good too.
         And honestly, Brandon Tate ain't a big dude...Heck, @ only 6'0 and 183lbs, He's far smaller than most NFL WRs, with only the average size of mid-smaller types of slot WRs.  Lol, He sure doesn't have either the speed or size or even skill, To be some franchises #1 WR...I mean, don't be absurd.  NE has a couple much better looking Slot Receivers (2 when Welker's back late in the year). 

~Trully, Tate's really gotta be a #2 WR for New England...and Tate's PERFECT for the job.  Ya see, a #2 Possession WR, needs more than anything else 3 qualities

~#1 Is a big-enough physical size...A Big Need of a #2 WR.  Ya gotta be big enough in height and weight to go over the middle, extend to the throw, take a crunching hit, AND actually get up from that hit.  The very same "big-enough-Size" aspect goes for many of those mid-routes that become jump-balls between especially a #2 WR and the CB coverin' the #2 wideout...A MUCH more needed quality for a #2 WR with those mid-routes, OVER the deeper bombs thrown the way of a #1 WR, and OVER the short, quick passes thrown to a slot WR...  So alright, for Brandon Tate this is a "no" on the Bigger-WR-size aspect of a #2 guy.  
     ~#2 Is Excellent Route Trees...VERY much a needed aspect of a possession mid-route WR is the exact surity of pinpoint specific mid NFL quality Route Trees-further enhanced by what Brady likes outta ALL his WRs anyway, and very much a need because of Tate's below average speed...  So o.k., for Brandon Tate this is a "no" on perfect route tree running.
     ~#3 Is certain Intangibles...  Good hand-eye coordination Along with a very good body extension to BOTH the thrown ball AND when defenders are drapped on that WR AND even moreso- Total & Complete Fearlessness going over-the-middle.  And HERE, Brandon Tate is a HUGE "Y-E-S".  Alas, neither Brandon Tate's 2 knee tears should affect his excellent body-control & extension, and clearly Tate's small-size, weak routes and awful speed, Should NOT 1 single bit have any type of limiting factor on Again-Those quick breaks to begin his route, his excellent body-control to adjust to the pass, OR Here, with the strength and size to "outmuscle" that defender drapped on him.  ALSO, Tate's at least 1, maybe 2 Head Injuries @ College, shouldn't have any real affect on his Total Fearlessness when runnin' over the middle...  In otherwords, Tate should be an UNreal #2 Wideout in all.    

CONCLUSION:  Overall, This Tate kid's gonna pay off HUGE...  And again, those that underestimate his skills, are gonna be sorry Patriot Fans, I tell ya right now.  In total, I'm pretty psyched that The Patriots did an OVER 2 Round Draft "Reach" in order to select Brandon Tate midway through Round 3 of the 2009 Draft, passing on such players as:  Deon Butler, Brooks Foster, Brandon Gibson, Mike WallaceLouis Murphy, Brandon GibsonMike Thomas, Johnny Knox, & Austin Collie... 
         I mean, lol...That's really off the top of my head ha-ha.  I mean, I personally know that even the worst of those guys, Had at the bare minimum 15 Reception as a Rookie...with most having many more, and a far greater impact...and lmao, I mean ANYone can have a greater impact than Brandon Tate's rookie campaign...and lol, NE even NEEDED a #2 WR, so the spot was his to take.  
         But see, Even though each and EVERY one of those 9 guys I listed from above, Did far better than Brandon Tate, and sure-AND Each and Every one of them were rated as BETTER Overall Wr Prospects than Brandon Tate before the draft, and yea-ya, Of course-Each and Every one of those guys that I listed were actually taken AFTER New England did that multi-round reach for Brandon Tate...SEE though, It's the END result that matters most, As NE's Brandon Tate will clearly be seen when all's said and done, As Far Better than ALL those other wideouts.  Tate'll probably be an All-Pro this upcoming season...NE might even have a future HOF'er on it's hands

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

I assume your last name is TATE?
    Posted by PatsNut5480

no its Thompson, but it does start with a T lol (X

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

I agree both would help the o, I'm more on selecting B. Tate than G. Tate.  I think for value where Golden needs to be picked there are a couple of other players Andre Roberts who fill the same role and use the 1st round on a DE or OLB rather than G Tate.
    Posted by Pats7393

True, i could see us taking him with our 2nd second round pick if we move up for him, he should be gone by early to mid second, and with ben tate rising we could probably get him with our 3rd second round pick, if hes there

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

Posted by kansaspatriot

its not a waste, he was an amazing vertical and blazing speed to burn anyone on the defensive sign

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

kansas~ you are right on about TB and Shipley, I confess I know little about Tate. I would be happy to see the Pats draft Shipley.
    Posted by harleyroadking103

Shipley would be another Welker clone, Tate is Shipley with more speedy quickness

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tate Group : Shipley would be another Welker clone, Tate is Shipley with more speedy quickness
    Posted by TateGroup[/QUOTE]

I don't see BB picking a domer, but i can see KC picking him up, i'm sure wiess would love to have him

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tate Group : that's what i mean we already have two slot receivers, welker and edelman

yeah like steve smith, deion branch, tory holt, lee evans, derrick mason, etc.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoBS14. Show NoBS14's posts

interested to see what Brandon Tate will do this coming season, since a lot of you are hyping him up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Golden Tate is a stud and to say that Brandon Tate is better would be an incomplete assesment.  If I was to choose between the two I would choose Golden Tate without hesitation.  I seen him play this past year and I was very impressed with him.  He his strong, physical, good hands and fast.  He will be a great NFL player.  Mark my words.  Brandon Tate needs to stay healthy then we can talk about how good he is.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

Posted by kansaspatriot

Golden is 5'11 and Brandon is 6'0.  Not much difference there.  Why are you sold on Brandon?  Golden has better college stats than Brandon did and he did it in a pro style offense.  Golden looks to be a bit more physical also.  Brandon barely got a few touches last season and you're sold on him?  I'm not saying Brandon is a bum he does have potential to be a really good receiver.  Both Tates could be very good receivers in the NFL and selecting Golden would not be a waste.  He has a pretty good college resume.  Oh and he did it under Charlie Weis.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

In Response to Re: Tate Group : I don't see BB picking a domer, but i can see KC picking him up, i'm sure wiess would love to have him
    Posted by kansaspatriot

good point, i could see KC taking them with there 2nd round pick being that its the 4th pick of the second round, but u never know, hes played in our type of offence and had great succsess if BB sees a chance at him i think he'll take him