Taylor and Peppers Coming..Seymour going..rumor

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

I seem to remember Taylor dropping back into coverage in 2007 and taking a Cassel interception to the house

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

I'm not completely ruling out that Peppers will be a Patriot in 2009. If he's willing to play for something similar to what they gave Thomas, then by all means! But if he wants to be paid the amount that ESPN floats around, then he won't be in NE. There just isn't cap room. And that's not the way Bill does things, anyway.
    But if the Patriots do trade for Peppers, he could be very, very useful. When the Patriots use a 4-man front (4-3-4, 4-2-5 and 4-1-6) he would play DE. In 3-man fronts he would play OLB. However, he'll have to learn how to drop into coverage, or else he won't be an every-down player. And that's a lot of money to pay someone who might only play 35% of the snaps!

Taylor would be a better fit, I think. He would be a lot less expensive and he does have some experience playing in the 3-4. But unless he can learn to drop into coverage, he'll be an expensive situational player who's old and might have injury issues.

I'm not Bill Belichick, the defensive genius, but I think the Patriots best option for OLB is the draft.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

This is not going to happen. 1) Who replaces Seymour? Peppers is not a good fit as a DE in the 3-4 (projects to be an OLB). Taylor is too old. So the D-Lie takes a big hit. 2) The Patriots are not talking to the Panthers right now about trading for Peppers as he's got to sign the franchise contract first. 3) As someone pointed out, you can't trade compensation picks. 4) Even if you get Peppers and Taylor, they've got to learn how to cover. It's not easy to transition from DE to OLB, so I guess you hope one of the two learns quickly. Otherwise you've got two situational players who do the exact same job. 5) Too much of a cap hit.

The Patriots might trade for Peppers OR sign Taylor. But both? Highly unlikely. And trade Seymour? Not going to happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

(Off topic) After watching a few practices during training camp last season, I concluded that Chad Jackson had nothing between the ears and should have been cut in training camp.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

z

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Leon...This is the 10th thread on the same subject...be original!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from InaPatsstateofmind. Show InaPatsstateofmind's posts

There are several whispers that both J Taylor and J Peppers will be heading to NE. The reason for Taylor not being here already is; he wants to skip the workouts and in order not to upset team chemistry BB rather just opt and wait till after the workouts to ink him. As for J Peppers Pats have a trade in place 34 overall pick and a 5th (Compensation Pick). As for Peppers contract...Seymour will be traded...you heard it here first...Look for this to happen 1 week prior to the draft, Seymour trade...for future draft pick..draft day! I just cant wait for the season to start..Go Pats

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

And Hellboy will be standing next to Mayo for the season opener.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Leon, is that you?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Yeah? Well I have heard whispers behind the scenes that Santa Claus has decided that Christmas will now be in July. Shhhhh! You heard it here first. I don't have a link yet from his press conference, but you guys can take this to the bank. Look for him to announce it on December 24th.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

This makes a lot fo sense.

I've also heard the Pats will be bringing in Green Lantern to play strong safety and the Incredible Hulk to spell Wilfork at noseguard.

Keep it under your hat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[Quote]This makes a lot fo sense.

I've also heard the Pats will be bringing in Green Lantern to play strong safety and the Incredible Hulk to spell Wilfork at noseguard.

Keep it under your hat.[/Quote] Come on Mike, get it right! The Hulk is gonna be the whole defensive line. Definatly going secondary in the draft.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

You can't trade compensatory picks. Take the kiddies and go back to the clubhouse.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

You cannot trade compensatory picks so there goes that rumor.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptorpete. Show raptorpete's posts

First things first, sign Vince Wolfork, forget about Peppers he's not work that much money at a position he's never played before and trade Seymore, he's been hurt so much in the past 2-3 years that I doubt that he will ever be what he was earlier in his career.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzCal. Show BuzzCal's posts

Sign Wilfork! Our D-Line is where it all starts on Defense.

BuzzCal
    "The Ultimate Sports Calendar"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Hulk on the D line, Green Lantern & Spiderman in the secondary... It's all possible if they get rid of Seymour. You heard it here first.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

The Pats need to think about signing picks; taking care of a few contract maturities (e.g. Mankins; Wilfork). Spending the lot on Peppers and/or Taylor would certainly subtract from the team.