Taylor Price

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

Taylor Price

Are the Patriots just taking it slowly with this kid because they know he is capable of great things. Anyone know his status for the future or if he will play this monday night?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: Taylor Price

He unfortunately has had the nagging hamstring injury for most of the year.  It's unfortunate because it seems like they genuinely want to give him a chance.  Hopefully he can put this behind him at some point because the talent is there.  I was harping for Price to be drafted, he's as smooth an athlete as they come.  

One one hand, the injury bug doesn't bode well for him.  On the other hand, the Pats have given up on players with nagging injuries much faster, either by releasing them or placing them on IR, and the fact that they're not only keeping him on the roster but talking about getting him on the field is a sign that they may see good things in Price's future.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He is yet another high draft pick that is not showing impact. Whether that is because of injuries or lack of acumen/talent is beside the point. It is imperative that draft picks contribute quickly because of the cap structure. If you have to wait 3-4 years for that production it is a fail because then you are looking at paying market value for that production as the rookie contract ends. And drafting for backups in the top rounds is a recipe for disaster.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

That does not make sense to me. This guy is so good we should not use him?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

If they weren't seeing something they would have IR'd by now me thinks.....
    Perfect part of the schedule to bring 'em in slowly I would think too...

Hamstrings are pesky critters and do hope he can get on the field before the cold sets in.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I don't want hear his name again until his announced after making a play. I've grown tired, old and grumpy waiting for guys we draft year in and year out, see the field and make contributions.
    We got sold a bill of goods on Tate, Vereen not even a whisper from, Ras barely played, and now Price in year 2 with nothing to show. And this is just to name a few.
    On the flip side, hopefully Ocho can keep it up and O'brien/Brady get him involved in the offense. In the end, I think he represents our best option as the 3rd WR after Wes and Branch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Who's Taylor Price....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Taylor Price:
    [QUOTE]Who's Taylor Price....
    Posted by dmcpatsfan[/QUOTE]

It's a brand of upscale men's handbags.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm pretty sure the guy doesn't really exist... I'm thinking he's like a "Weekend At Bernie's" type of character.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

Seems like he has potential to make an impact, hope he's able to play this season

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

[QUOTE]That does not make sense to me. This guy is so good we should not use him?
    Posted by FrnkBnhm[/QUOTE]

Why do you think this guy is so good? He has barely played and really hasn't shown much when he has. At this point, he might has well be Hart Lee Dykes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPATT. Show SANPATT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Price : It's a brand of upscale men's handbags.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Sounds european!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]He is yet another high draft pick that is not showing impact. Whether that is because of injuries or lack of acumen/talent is beside the point. It is imperative that draft picks contribute quickly because of the cap structure. If you have to wait 3-4 years for that production it is a fail because then you are looking at paying market value for that production as the rookie contract ends. And drafting for backups in the top rounds is a recipe for disaster.
    He would have been a higher pick if he went to a better school that did not run the option every down. He was drafted a project and I think most fans realize that, at least fans that followed the draft. 3rd round draft picks aren't suppose to be Randy Moss.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Price : He would have been a higher pick if he went to a better school that did not run the option every down. He was drafted a project and I think most fans realize that, at least fans that followed the draft. 3rd round draft picks aren't suppose to be Randy Moss.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

Of the top ten receivers in the NFL this year (by yardage), half of them were 3rd round or later (including two of them - Welker and Victor Cruz - who were undrafted). Mike Wallace was taken one pick after Brandon Tate, he has turned out to be a pretty good WR.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Price : He would have been a higher pick if he went to a better school that did not run the option every down. He was drafted a project and I think most fans realize that, at least fans that followed the draft. 3rd round draft picks aren't suppose to be Randy Moss.

Prodjects should be reserved for the late rounds. One through three must be guys who can produce within two years. Otherwise you have failed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Price : Why do you think this guy is so good? He has barely played and really hasn't shown much when he has. At this point, he might has well be Hart Lee Dykes.
    Posted by 4Adam13[/QUOTE]

He pretty much has been Tate II, but not as good a returner.

It is funny how some think these stiffs are some secret weapon BB is holding in reserve for Armageddon or something. If they were showing it at practice he would put them on the field. Did Woodhead have to meld his butt to pine for nearly two years before BB put him out there? BB plays the best he's got. If you aren't playing, there's a reason.That's why Drew never got his job back. BB knew Brady was better by what he saw in his lab.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Price : He pretty much has been Tate II, but not as good a returner. It is funny how some think these stiffs are some secret weapon BB is holding in reserve for Armageddon or something. If they were showing it at practice he would put them on the field. Did Woodhead have to meld his butt to pine for nearly two years before BB pit him out there? BB plays the best he's got. If you aren't playing, there's a reason.That's why Drew never got his job back. BB knew he was better by what he saw in his lab.

+1 ... and it took another stiff Randy Moss 2 years to learn the playbook BEFORE earning Bradys' trust. Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Price : +1 ... and it took another stiff Randy Moss 2 years to learn the playbook BEFORE earning Bradys' trust.
    Posted by palookaski[/QUOTE]

I don't know where you were in 2007 obviously not watching the Pats. Moss and Brady were on the same page the very first game of the season. Not sure but I believe he caught a couple TD's in that game and went on from there as having one of the best seasons a receiver ever could have.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Price : I don't know where you were in 2007 obviously not watching the Pats. Moss and Brady were on the same page the very first game of the season. Not sure but I believe he caught a couple TD's in that game and went on from there as having one of the best seasons a receiver ever could have.
    Posted by fourjays30[/QUOTE]

Yes, your correct but my responce was total sarcasm and contrary to the words. Most guys here understand that. I answered Babe P in the same context. In fact I think bringing back Randy Moss may be the answer going deeper into the playoffs - provided he behaves and learned the lesson that the Pats are a Team and he is another spoke in the wheel.

Have a good day ....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

*yawn, hasnt this been rehashed enough. He is just another Wr in a long line of busto's in N.E.

A guy with great speed, talent and all you could hope for, but he is never gonna see the field because Brady doesnt trust him and would rather throw to Wes and Deion.

You believe he still has a hammy if you want.  That thing healed up a while ago.

he practiced all week and then on a friday he went back on the injury report. This happened the same week O'bie spoke about getting him involved,. but he probably didnt have a good week of practice and therefore wasnt in the gamepland was inactive so they put him on the injury list to save face. The guy hasnt played all year, how could he re-aggrivate his hammy? If he did, its the trainers fault

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

He has a ham string issue and seems need to be corrected before he can play.  He has a good size and speed as a wideout.  He will be in the games very soon by the monday night.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Price : I don't know where you were in 2007 obviously not watching the Pats. Moss and Brady were on the same page the very first game of the season. Not sure but I believe he caught a couple TD's in that game and went on from there as having one of the best seasons a receiver ever could have.
    Posted by fourjays30[/QUOTE]

I believe he was being sarcastic

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Let's try him at CB/Saftey!!~ :o)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Price : ...3rd round draft picks aren't suppose to be Randy Moss.
    And 7th round picks aren't supposed to be HOF QB's that win multiple SB's (LOL)

25. This post has been removed.