Re: Taylor visiting Jets!

no

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

well you should!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Reiss just tweeted:

ESPN's John Clayton reports today that the New York Jets are hosting free-agent linebacker Jason Taylor, and in that report, Clayton writes that the Patriots are also interested:

"The Jets will have competition for Taylor's services: The Dolphins are interested in re-signing him and the New England Patriots are also interested. So the Jets are planning an aggressive sales pitch. According to a source, part of the recruiting process includes a trip to the Jets' new stadium in the Meadowlands, where highlights of Taylor's career will be shown on the scoreboard."

Taylor said last year that he would have trouble playing for the Jets because of the rivalry between Miami and New York, but perhaps his mindset has changed.

The Patriots had discussions with Taylor last year before he re-signed with Miami, which was his preference because of family considerations. Taylor spoke multiple times last year about the respect that he has for Patriots coach Bill Belichick, and Belichick has often lauded Taylor. Owner Robert Kraft had said last year there was a place on the team for Taylor if he wanted to come to New England.

Taylor, who had seven sacks last season, could help the Patriots in two areas they are focusing on this offseason: Pass rush and locker room chemistry.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

if they sign him thatd be great.. hes what almost 40? he did good for the fins last year for all the sh!t-y teams they played last year... the jets would then explode due to all the money there givin out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from grammbo14. Show grammbo14's posts

"According to a source, part of the recruiting process includes a trip to the Jets' new stadium in the Meadowlands, where highlights of Taylor's career will be shown on the scoreboard." 

If that's what it takes to sign him, then he is such a prima donna tool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Interesting.  Hopefully the Patriots step in here and are able to sign J. Taylor in NE - especially instead of the Jets....Hopefully with Taylors relationship with Brady and BB - this could put him over the top to come here instead.  we'll see....most likely $ always talks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

delete this forum... this kid has no idea wat hes talking about

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Taylor was reportedly blindfolded between Manhattan and NJ, the Jets brass saying they didn't want him to see NJ anywhere along the ride.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I hope JT is just been courteous to the hated Jets, he has been in some nasty battles between the two teams.  I think he will pick the Patriots over the Jets if a contract is offered unless the money is miles apart. 

I'm sure TB will begin lobbying for his services at Foxboro.  He is needed not for his onfield performance which I think will help but more to what he can teach the young guys. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

That is strage. Especially, after JT said that " it will be very X 3 difficult to play for Jets. In the end if I have no job, then maybe I'll retire, or play for them." I hope that we pursue him. He still has gas in the tank and a 2 year contract would be nice. He can contribute immediately and be a leader in locker room.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

omfg all u guys r doing is reapeting each other... its a dumb post... JT wont sign with the jets and we all know this...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I bet that he is going to the Jets to get leverage from the Pats.....The Jets can't sign him for too much, the Pats will offer him a little more.....

Then again....Meadowlands is closer to his home than Foxboro.....  :O

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

In Response to Re: Taylor visiting Jets!:
    [QUOTE]I bet that he is going to the Jets to get leverage from the Pats.....The Jets can't sign him for too much, the Pats will offer him a little more..... Then again....Meadowlands is closer to his home than Foxboro.....  :O
    Posted by m1021us[/QUOTE]
    Hahaha. His family would sure mind the extra 4 hours of commute they have to make if he chooses Foxboro over Medowlands!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

there is no way he plays for either the pats or jets...he wont play for the enemy and IMO, that isnt going to change...i think he is going to retire because despite his 7 sacks...he wasnt very good at all last year and he is no longer a locker room guy as he has turned himself into quite the diva

if you want him...have at it...but his tank is virtually dry

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]there is no way he plays for either the pats or jets...he wont play for the enemy and IMO, that isnt going to change...i think he is going to retire because despite his 7 sacks...he wasnt very good at all last year and he is no longer a locker room guy as he has turned himself into quite the diva if you want him...have at it...but his tank is virtually dry
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

What?  What are you basing your comments on?  Here are stats last year compared to 2007 season.  He is still a high character guy just because he has done a few things outside of football doesn't mean he doesn't take the game serious.  his production was down but they also had other guys into their OLB rotation.  The only valid point is he might find it hard to go play for any other team that the dolphins but if he wants a ring he will.

SeasonTeam TacklesInterceptionsFumbles
    GGSCombTotalAstSckSFTYPDefIntYdsAvgLngTDsFF
    2009 Miami Dolphins 16 15 423397.005100.0003
    2008 Washington Redskins 13 8 292183.5--9----0.0----1
    2007 Miami Dolphins 16 16 5647911.00413636.036T14

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Yeah, Taylor still has something in his tank.  They are not winning a SB in Miami with C. Henne.....#12 will be best chance of winning.....*but just heard the Jets really want him*

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

hope Jason Taylor signs with the Jets. That way dumb a** AT won't go running to the Jets once he is released. I wish nothing but the worse for Thomas!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor visiting Jets! : What?  What are you basing your comments on?  Here are stats last year compared to 2007 season.  He is still a high character guy just because he has done a few things outside of football doesn't mean he doesn't take the game serious.  his production was down but they also had other guys into their OLB rotation.  The only valid point is he might find it hard to go play for any other team that the dolphins but if he wants a ring he will. Season Team   Tackles Interceptions Fumbles G GS Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FF 2009 Miami Dolphins 16 15 42 33 9 7.0 0 5 1 0 0.0 0 0 3 2008 Washington Redskins 13 8 29 21 8 3.5 -- 9 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 1 2007 Miami Dolphins 16 16 56 47 9 11.0 0 4 1 36 36.0 36T 1 4
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]
    A. its highly debatable that going to either the pats or jets gives him a better shot a ring
    B. im a die hard phins fan and you can just tell that the fire isnt there anymore...and i know alot of other phins fans who say the same thing...
    C. i believe that at least half of those sacks came when cameron wake was getting doubled on the other side which means that unless he has only man on blocking...he struggles to get to the QB nowadays
    D. dont get me wrong...ive always loved JT and what he and zach thomas brought to the table...but their time is over...time to move on

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor visiting Jets! : A. its highly debatable that going to either the pats or jets gives him a better shot a ring B. im a die hard phins fan and you can just tell that the fire isnt there anymore...and i know alot of other phins fans who say the same thing... C. i believe that at least half of those sacks came when cameron wake was getting doubled on the other side which means that unless he has only man on blocking...he struggles to get to the QB nowadays D. dont get me wrong...ive always loved JT and what he and zach thomas brought to the table...but their time is over...time to move on
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

His fire was gone because of the frustration he had in Miami.....Moss' fire was gone in Oakland.....I am sure Taylor would enjoy playing on a team that has kindeling....and matches...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

just heard the deal is almost done with Jets.....Taylor to jets from eei mentioned.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Fin fans sound really upset that he's visiting the jets.  Ryan loves playing head games! Taylor probably has more sacks on Brady than anyone.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolltide1963. Show rolltide1963's posts

Big Deal.   Time to focus on the draft.  The Patriots have need of long term solutions, not 1 year, situational gap fillers.  Save the $$$ to help sign one of the many off the edge rushers available in the draft. 

At years end, Kindle, Hughes and Graham will each have more sacks than Taylor. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

[QUOTE]I am laughing at the Jets acting like they are on the verge of a Super Bowl win here.  It's just hilarious to watch.  They have holes all over their roster and they are trying to woo a 36 year old OLB.  As if Taylor would rather go to NY over NE anyway.  Hilarious. This is just a way for him to drive his price.  He'll start there and he might not in NE, but he clearly would be wiser to choose NE over the Jets.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post?id=12312

Apparently, we have not yet spoken to his agent. I guess J-T is going to be  a J-E-T.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, Taylor still has something in his tank.  They are not winning a SB in Miami with C. Henne.....#12 will be best chance of winning.....*but just heard the Jets really want him*
    Posted by NOISE[/QUOTE]
    Off subject here...putting down Henne when he torched the pats last year doesn't mean he won't win a ring. The guy is 24 years old and has a better arm than most in the nfl. I look forword to him shredding the pats "defense" next year with or without the once great Taylor. He is one of the best young qb's in the league. If and when Miami finally get a number 1 receiver they will be a very dangerous team. Let's face facts here...the pats are on a decline and Brady isn't long for the NFL. It's only a matter of time before the worm turns and it's making it's move now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Not sure how much this means, but Adam Schefter just said the chances of him becoming a JET are extremely high. He said Rex Ryan said he wont let him leave and told JT he could get 15 sacks if JT joins the Jets or something like that. Just saw this on sports center.

Because this year is an uncapped year, will there be a luxury tax or revenue sharing? I'm not positive how everything is going to work.

Also, does anyone have a link posting all teams current payrolls? I'm very curious to see the differences so far, especially since an uncapped NFL isn't set in stone after this season.