TBC released!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from munichpatsfan. Show munichpatsfan's posts

TBC released!!!

Rotoworld reports that Banta Cain has been released by the Pats. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: TBC released!!!

Tully?

That's unfortunate.

Any chance this report is inaccurate, because the Pats are not deep at linebacker, and Tully is . . .

well . . .

he . . .

ummmm . . .

he's not the worst linebacker in the league.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to TBC released!!!:
    [QUOTE]Rotoworld reports that Banta Cain has been released by the Pats. 
    Posted by munichpatsfan[/QUOTE]

I hope it isn't true.  The guy has been playing pretty well.

[EDIT] He's provided a lot of whatever pass rush we have this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

i thought he had been playing pretty good......big trade could be in the works

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

BB is got something working. must be making room

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/19/pats-bounce-banta-cain/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: TBC released!!!:
    [QUOTE]i thought he had been playing pretty good......big trade could be in the works
    Posted by Wingman23[/QUOTE]

I'll put my money on a trade in the works too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Very surprised by this move, I thought Tully was playing great.  I also agree that a trade, maybe a major one is in the works. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]BB is got something working. must be naking room http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/19/pats-bounce-banta-cain/
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE] it would only be the reason.the pats are thin at LB,and i knew thomas wasnt going anywhere.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

That's shocking.  I thought TBC has been the best pass rusher so far, with the possible exception of Mike Wright.  Makes no sense to me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from munichpatsfan. Show munichpatsfan's posts

Dont´t know what to make out of this. Maybe they are just making room for LeVoir or Tate coming off PUP.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

Reiss thinks this is temporary...possible trade coming?

Reiss: My general feeling on Banta-Cain: Wouldn't be surprised if he's back ... sooner rather than later.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

Don't put too much into it. Remember this is right before the Trade deadline which means he doesn't have to clear waivers.

Don't be surprised if he comes back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TBC released!!! :  the cowboys are already thinking on grabbing him. http://twitter.com/MikeReiss
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Because he was released before the trade deadline, he can sign with any team he wants to.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]Reiss thinks this is temporary...possible trade coming? Reiss: My general feeling on Banta-Cain: Wouldn't be surprised if he's back ... sooner rather than later.
    Posted by GrantW[/QUOTE] but the cowboys are already thinking on grabbing him.plus many teams lost LB,s yesterday.i dont see him being out there past tomorrow.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nooyorkachusettes. Show Nooyorkachusettes's posts

Lets see Adalius Thomas sat.... he now goes back to Outside with the release of TBC, and Seau is now back on the inside.  If Tate is being activated they would probably just release Galloway...  So maybe a RB is coming in because of the injuries... Ahman Green and Dominic Rhodes are being tried out in Greenbay... Larry Johnson or Jamaal Charles from KC? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]Dont´t know what to make out of this. Maybe they are just making room for LeVoir or Tate coming off PUP.
    Posted by munichpatsfan[/QUOTE] this is a possibility also.its just that the LB position is thin.if the pats do trade gallowway there would have been room to keep him.if they dont trade galloway,then cut him.for banta cain is much better.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

Could be it Merriman is coming?  The only reason it's not announced is that the they are waiting till after the game tonight instead of SD being short handed against a division opponent?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Wow.  Shocked. He was playing well, IMO.  He played well in years past. 

I cannot fathom what is going on with this - trade, PUP, whatever?  To go from participating in a historic beat-down to being cut the next day.  Talk about a shift. 

Maybe something is happening off-field that led to it. I just can't see how his on-field performance was to explain this.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]Could be it Merriman is coming?  The only reason it's not announced is that the they are waiting till after the game tonight instead of SD being short handed against a division opponent?
    Posted by mikec645[/QUOTE] im for him landing here,but im not gonna get my hopes up on it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Some reports are saying "not so fast" with the TBC thing.  He might be released and brought back.  Let's wait and see.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nooyorkachusettes. Show Nooyorkachusettes's posts

You guys are all thinking LB... but we just added Seau and he had a good outing... We just lost another running back! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

No way. Demarcus Ware sign and trade. Dallas gets Thomas and a first, NE gets Ware and a trophy. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

morris injury isnt serious.we still have three backs.but the line backer spot is real thin also.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

[QUOTE]You guys are all thinking LB... but we just added Seau and he had a good outing... We just lost another running back! 
    Posted by Nooyorkachusettes[/QUOTE]

My guess is that if they were signing another RB they would have dropped an offensive player, like Galloway.  Not the guy who had 3 sacks and is tied for the team leader.  We lost another RB but we still don't have much of a pass rush

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]No way. Demarcus Ware sign and trade. Dallas gets Thomas and a first, NE gets Ware and a trophy. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE] i wouldnt mind ware here also.