Re: TBC released!!!
posted at 10/19/2009 7:55 PM EDT
In Response to Re: TBC released!!!
[QUOTE]will be brought back. Some kind of manuevering.
Posted by mstringr[/QUOTE]
1. We have been working with 2 QBs all year so we can carry an extra OL. Even if Light is out for a while there is no reason to create a spot for LeVoir. Plus they have a few weeks to make that decision - they would not release TBC for LeVoir.
2. Tate is a rookie that has no practice time with the Pats. I think it is highly unlikely that they release TBC before Tate ever hits the practice field.
3. If we trade Thomas for Ware we do not have to release TBC - one for one swap.
4. BB implied that Thomas was not as versatile as others so he sat. One of the versatile ones is TBC, so he was not cut for versatility. TBC is tied for the team lead in sacks - Burgess has zero, so TBC was not cut for performance.
5. Galloway can not be released - someone will pick him up. So he has to be deactivated every week until a replacement is ready - either a trade by tomorrow or Tate or Nunn - those are the only three choices.
6. Thomas has a big salary number.
7. If we trade Thomas for one guy or Galloway for one guy, then there is no reason for an extra roster spot - TBC's roster spot.
8. We have multiple second round picks in 2010 and two first round picks in 2011.
9. Pats have never made a trade this early, but the "bad" teams have never been this bad either. There are some awful teams and they know they have to rebuild.
10. We played with only BJGE and Faulk for a few games last year - so having 3 RBs probably does not scare BB, but he tried to carry an extra RB to avoid that situation this year.
The idea of Thomas and a pick for Ware is a good one but does not explain the TBC release. I do not know the guys available from the bad teams, but it has to be two defenders for Thomas and picks. Otherwise why would TBC be released? At least one of the two guys has to be highly paid to offset Thomas' salary. If the Denver game did not convince you we need a pass rush even with TBC and Burgess than you must have been sleeping.
I think they will try to trade Galloway for a pick and if not he will be released this week. Nunn will fill the spot but not necessarily be on the 45 man roster.
Peppers? Carolina looked awful - they need to rebuild. We would only have to absorb part of Peppers salary since he played 6 games for Carolina?
It has to be someone really good to let go of Thomas and give away draft picks.
All roads have to point to the same solution.