Tear down Patriot Place and start spending $$$

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Tear down Patriot Place and start spending $$$

As of right now, what reason for optimism is there going into next season?  Relying soley on the draft will not turn this team back into a championship contender.  The Patriots need free agents.  Can't wait to see what bargain bin gambles are brought in this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: Tear down Patriot Place and start spending $$$

But Muffy and Buffy want to sip their Chardonnay as they watch those big brutes hit each other.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

they cant even rely on the draft! sure they have a nice lil stockpile of higher picks, and you know as well as i do that BB will flip most of em and trade down for picks next year, then next year he will trade em for the next year, then next year he will trade em for the next year, then next year he will trade em for the next year, then next year he will trade em for the next year, then next year he will trade em for the next year, then next year he will trade em for the next year, then next year he will trade em for the next year....and so on and so on

but hey, this david patten reunion is a match made in pigskin heaven i tell ya!! wooooohoooooo!! going all the way baby super bowl or bust!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Tear down Patriot Place and start spending $$$:
    As of right now, what reason for optimism is there going into next season?  Relying soley on the draft will not turn this team back into a championship contender.  The Patriots need free agents.  Can't wait to see what bargain bin gambles are brought in this year.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

C'mon man, they already signed David Patten and extended Banta-Cain for 3 years. What more do you want?? These are big moves! Keep your chin up!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Not even 24 hours into free agency and all I hear is boo hoo, what a bunch of babies.....

The Pink-hats are alive and well.......keep crying.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: Tear down Patriot Place and start spending $$$:
    In Response to Tear down Patriot Place and start spending $$$ : C'mon man, they already signed David Patten and extended Banta-Cain for 3 years. What more do you want?? These are big moves! Keep your chin up!
    Posted by smorgan86

I hope the Patten line was sarcasm.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I think it is fair criticism to say the Pats have made bad moves the last couple years.  Also think it is fair to ask for a plan.  And also fair to wonder why they aren't actively getting help at positions they obviously need help with.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

they cant even rely on the draft! sure they have a nice lil stockpile of higher picks, and you know as well as i do that BB will flip most of em and trade down for picks next year, then next year he will trade em for the next year, then next year he will trade em for the next year, then next year he will trade em for the next year, then next year he will trade em for the next year, then next year he will trade em for the next year, then next year he will trade em for the next year, then next year he will trade em for the next year....and so on and so on but hey, this david patten reunion is a match made in pigskin heaven i tell ya!! wooooohoooooo!! going all the way baby super bowl or bust!!!
    Posted by HOFFBURGER

Priceless, they are stockpiling for the 2220 draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Not even 24 hours into free agency and all I hear is boo hoo, what a bunch of babies..... The Pink-hats are alive and well.......keep crying.....
    Posted by m1021us

Peppers...Gone. Boldin.....Gone. Chester Taylor.....Gone. Van Bosch...Gone.Cromairtie...Gone.Carlos Dansby....Gone.WAtson to SeaHawks. Marshall heading elsewhere.Yeah this whole getting players thing is a waste of time, I can just sit around watching the Snow Bowl game again for the 57th time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncpatriotfan. Show ncpatriotfan's posts

m1021us, Since the trades for Moss and Welker, and the drafting of Mayo, how many FAs or Draft picks have a a huge impact on this team. I think it is very fair for people to be critical of the moves over the last 2 years, signing old FA that are clearly a few steps slower, trading draft picks for players that haven't produced in a couple of years, trading down in the draft round after round and year after year. This team has forgotten about the defense for more than 3 years. Even the team that went 16-0 was not a dominate defense. It's going to take a good deal of young talent to rebuild ad I don't believe that the Pats will do it. There is no way they will use all there picks and they really need to.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

they cant even rely on the draft! sure they have a nice lil stockpile of higher picks, and you know as well as i do that BB will flip most of em and trade down for picks next year, then next year he will trade em for the next year, then next year he will trade em for the next year, then next year he will trade em for the next year, then next year he will trade em for the next year, then next year he will trade em for the next year, then next year he will trade em for the next year, then next year he will trade em for the next year....and so on and so on but hey, this david patten reunion is a match made in pigskin heaven i tell ya!! wooooohoooooo!! going all the way baby super bowl or bust!!!
    Posted by HOFFBURGER

GET UP HASSELHOFF!!!..........ARE YOU DRUNK AGAIN?Yell

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Not even 24 hours into free agency and all I hear is boo hoo, what a bunch of babies..... The Pink-hats are alive and well.......keep crying.....
    Posted by m1021us

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Are you kidding me??? The pats must have heard you and sent out the brink's truck to wilforks house in the order of $40 Million SMACKEROOO'S??? the pats spend money when they really really like some one dont get all mad when they dont foolishly go out and spend money on everything with a heartbeat..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Pats had a good draft last year with five young guys (Volmer, Chung, Edelman, Butler and Pryer) contributing and we've yet to see several more players like Tate and McKenzie show what they can do. If the Pats come out of this next draft  with
    four more quality guys, they get younger and faster quickly. Add two first round picks in 2011 and we have a shot at competing that season.

As for free agents, last year was a disaster. Baker is now gone. Lewis, Galloway.
    Taylor gets hurt. Shawn Springs? I couldn't figure that one out. Bodden seemed to be the only free agent to really contribute. I'd be gun shy of free agents after that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Pats had a good draft last year with five young guys (Volmer, Chung, Edelman, Butler and Pryer) contributing and we've yet to see several more players like Tate and McKenzie show what they can do. If the Pats come out of this next draft  with four more quality guys, they get younger and faster quickly. Add two first round picks in 2011 and we have a shot at competing that season. As for free agents, last year was a disaster. Baker is now gone. Lewis, Galloway. Taylor gets hurt. Shawn Springs? I couldn't figure that one out. Bodden seemed to be the only free agent to really contribute. I'd be gun shy of free agents after that.
    Posted by RonF

But thats the thing, it's not all about the draft.  This team had NO leadership on defense last year (or a pass rusher)... they NEEDED Peppers.  Another year of loading up on draft players isn't making this team better.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncpatriotfan. Show ncpatriotfan's posts

3 of the guys you meantioned were part of a very pourus defense, they did very little to help. Volmeer and Elderman contributed and may turn out good, but it is on the defensive side of the ball where the Pats seem afraid to draft the best player available and trade down and end up with little to show for it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

WHICH of these is NOT a close rendition of an actual Jim Jones quote about NE's Free Agency Period:

A) "To me death in the offseason is not a fearful thing. It's living in the regular season that's cursed."

B) "A man's gotta bet on at least 1 offseason gamble a day, else he could be walking around lucky and never even know it."

C) "The Pats cutting spending on big name free agents is like Me giving you ALL this Kool-Aid to drink here. Sure, it looks good going down, tastes pretty sweet, and seems like a wise move at the time...but it just might kill us all."

D) "Alot of NE Fans are tired around here, but I'm not sure they're ready to lie down, stretch out, and fall asleep."

A: C...the answer is always C (Al Sharpton quote on Bush's tax cuts).  Also note how I did the quotes in "Kool-Aid Berry-Red" for everyone's better enjoyment (no thanx is neccessary).

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"I'll add it in anyway,
    Thanks, Laz
    ."

Now there's, at least 1 person who appreciates my tasteful sarcasm...really, the rest of you ALL need to cultivate your sense of humor far better: 
    Because trully, IF you CANNOT make fun of desperate people yearning for greater societal ideals of equal community, group acceptance, and some form of spiritual awakening; And these souls suddenly being forcibly snuffed out by their charismatic & trusted religious leader under the guise of being without options; And all this within the framework of a far more corrupt and sinister godhead which they were trying to come to an honestly better understanding of than which was provided by the morally corrupt society they were formerly a part of...LOL, THEN really-IF this is NOT utterly hilarious to you, well...you're probably no fun to be around (and you're quite possibly somewhat morbid and morose).  These Same people probably find fault at others who abandon small puppies and kittens in paper bags on the side of the road because they're too cheap to buy a $5 bag of Purina since that'd cut into Vodka money...