Teblow....blows!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Teblow....blows!

In response to jjbag's comment:

My wife say's it best, Tebow makes the team as the scout QB, with the amount of read option / scrambling QB's we will see this year, he is the perfect QB for the job playing the oposing offense QB. Not like Mallet would be able to do the read option or a Cam Newton type QB for the scout team to emulate.  In this regard you just have to give BB the credit for being such a forward thinking coach, looking as the schedule and seeing what would make the team better.

We have RB's who can throw as well as him and are better runners. Heck they use to use Slater as a scout QB to practice for the option. You use a PS or a STer as a practice QB. There are plenty of option QB's as UDFA's who don't make teams because they can't throw the ball. Pick one of them up as a PS scout QB why waste a 53man spot?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Teblow....blows!

In response to JMUFranco's comment:

Keep in mind that in the past, I believe we had even used Edelman on the scout team to emulate read-option quarterbacks that we anticipated facing. That will be Tebow's role, not the traditional pocket passer. We need to refine our expectations to reflect what reality is. We will likely never see a 10-13 completion line for Tebow. He'll hover around 50-60% passing with a fairly substantial amount of yards on the ground. I think he operated the read-option offense decently, particularly considering who he had blocking for him up front... and I use the term blocking fairly liberally in this sense.

at least Edelman played on STs and was a WR and emergency CB what can Tebow do? You don't waste a 53man squad on a scout QB