Tebow a Patriot?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Tebow a Patriot?

I know many laughs here but I truly believe that the Pats were interested in Tebow if he had fallen to the 2nd-3rd round last year. Knowing his throwing mechanics were bad etc. But, what would he bring to the Pats arsenal?

A power back FB, An option back with play action good hands on power screens, sweeps with power. A blocking back, and plenty fast enough for special teams. Very athletic dude for sure. They did take Gabbert but I think all along it was Tebow BB had in mind. BB has privvy for Florida, Virginia, Alabama players with Myer, Groh, Saban, as respected friends.

I would'nt be surprised if BB picked him up in the near future or somehow - a trade.

Have a good night...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Tebow a Patriot?

Denver won't let him leave now, but I also think he'd have been drafted if he fell further.  He has the "intangibles"

I liked the possibility of having 2 QBs on the field at the same time.  He might be a terrible #1 franchise passer, but he's a great gimmick play passer compared to most other guys

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

He has cemented his future in the NFL. Even if he gets pushed out as a starter, who would you prefer sitting on your bench to replace your injured starter? Tebow or Painter, Leinart, Vince Young, Mark Brunell, AJ Feely, Sage Rosenfels or any of the others guaranteed to lose you a game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Is this a joke?

Tebow sucks - he will never be a good QB.

Denver is happy because they wanted him to start. He has won a few games ugly (good for him) so everyone is happy.  But lets be honest, this kid (as good a guy as he is) just will never be a good NFL QB.  His throws are pretty painful to watch and its only matter of time where Defenses will contain him.  His acuracy is so bad you can play man, rush a few and spy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Thank GOD Belichick didn't bring that circus to town!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Yep,  we read and hear it all..Tebow sucks, Tebow can't throw, Tebow has bad mechanics..et all..But all he does is win..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Laughing.....no joke..or circus act!

I'm not sold on Tebow as an NFL QB either but thinking in terms of his athletic ability and intangibles. Things like awareness and seeing the field are seldom teachable. He would bring alot to the table in many areas as a multi-faceted player filling a few holes of need that Belichick likes.

Seen him play in person many times in Gainsville. Powerful runner up the middle and quick around the edge, a threat to score at anytime. That run you all saw against the Jets was an every week occurance at Florida. Quite impressive seeing in person. Would'nt surprise me if Denver got an NFL type QB to use him like that.

Have a fun day .....Laughing and thanks for the laughs ...you can always take Maroney back!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogbones. Show dogbones's posts

he'll be great until he meets a linebacker doing his his job. stupid to billed a team around  a qb that runs the ball. lbs who can'l hit a qb in the pocket will crush this kid in open field. he'll be the second coming of the anti-chirst, father vick more praying  means more commercial time

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think if we look at the other QBs like him, they either learned to pass or had a few amazing running games, then got hurt.  Vick.  McNabb.  Cunningham.  I think Vick is probably the best comparison, a guy who throws better than Tebow, but not by that much, who was a crazy good runner, but hurt himself and ultimately, his team by not progressing.  My guess is that is what will happen here.  He will get hurt, and next year get hurt again, and again, then someone else will eventually play well and take over.  This year?  He will win maybe 3 more, tops.  The Patriots could have stopped him.  It's the less disciplined rushing approach the Jests use that exposed them.  Contain him, make him throw, all done.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Judging from some comments here, I suppose I needed more literary classes to improve my writing and thought process skills. The original post plus a repeat did not quite get my point across. No big deal .... my mistake and I will try to improve .....verstehen sei?

Have a pleasant day ....Wink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

He has cemented his future in the NFL. Even if he gets pushed out as a starter, who would you prefer sitting on your bench to replace your injured starter? Tebow or Painter, Leinart, Vince Young, Mark Brunell, AJ Feely, Sage Rosenfels or any of the others guaranteed to lose you a game

I'll go with Ryan Mallet and Brian Hoyer. Tebow does not fit into the Pats scheme. He is Doug Flutie at best IMHO.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10. Show mar10's posts

In Response to Re: Tebow a Patriot?:
    [QUOTE]Judging from some comments here, I suppose I needed more literary classes to improve my writing and thought process skills. The original post plus a repeat did not quite get my point across. No big deal .... my mistake and I will try to improve .....verstehen sei? Have a pleasant day ....
    Posted by palookaski[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking pass catching tight end, full back,  H back.  If you don't see potential in this kid (not as a qb), you either have not seen him play... Or you don't know football.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Never