Tebow and reality...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Tebow and reality...

I'm so sick of Tebow to Pats BS... 

The simple fact is that BB and Urban Meyer have a good relationship and he is throwing Urban a bone by feigning interest in Tebow to raise his draft stock.  Urban will probably give BB the inside scoop on a Florida player that is substantially better than his value and BB will draft him late. 

Tebow to PAT's... not likely.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Tebow and reality...

I agree that it is highly unlikely that Tim Tebow is drafted by the Patriots,but my reason why has nothing to do with urban's friendship with BB,it has more to do with the fact the Patriots won't spend a first round pick on Tim Tebow and though it may surprise everyone but he is a legitimate first round pick and at the very latest an early second round pick. With that said the Patriots simply don't have the proper draft slot for him. If he should fall to 47 I could see BB taking him and he definately would  at either 53 or 119.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I don't see why Tebow wouldn't be a decent project QB if you could get him in the 3rd-5th round (or even with the last of our 2nd rounders).  He's a high-character player who's willing to be coached, pretty intelligent, works hard, and has the cajones to win big games.  His intangibles are through the roof - mechanics can be fixed.

Especially if he was willing to at least temporarily switch positions to H-Back/TE/FB, I'd pick him in a heartbeat.  With Tebow, Edelman, and Brady all on the field at the same time, you could do a LOT of creative things with the offense.

I don't think anyone truly knows when Tebow will be picked (anywhere from the 1st - 4th round), but here's how I see it:
    -They at least wanted to meet privately with the guy
    -They wanted to show that they might actually be interested in him to put pressure on other teams so another prospect might slide further in the draft
    -They wanted to outdo the Bills, who had Jim Kelly meet with Tebow

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: Tebow and reality...:
    His intangibles are through the roof - mechanics can be fixed.
    Posted by NickC1188

If we haven't learned anything from past drafts it's this; you can't teach accuracy

Tebow will be just another in a long line of Florida QB's who get to the Pros and than disappear on a bench, but all this hype will accomplish what everyone perpetuating it wants... one big fat contract for Tebow before he goes off to call Gator games for the Sunshine Network for the rest of his life with the occasional guest spot on some faith based channel. 

All the draft gurus, pundits and feel good sentiments won't change what common sense dictates... take his college completion percentage, now drop ten percent off and that's what he'll average for his pro career.  50% won't get it done...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I don't see why Tebow wouldn't be a decent project QB if you could get him in the 3rd-5th round (or even with the last of our 2nd rounders).  He's a high-character player who's willing to be coached, pretty intelligent, works hard, and has the cajones to win big games.  His intangibles are through the roof - mechanics can be fixed. Especially if he was willing to at least temporarily switch positions to H-Back/TE/FB, I'd pick him in a heartbeat.  With Tebow, Edelman, and Brady all on the field at the same time, you could do a LOT of creative things with the offense. I don't think anyone truly knows when Tebow will be picked (anywhere from the 1st - 4th round), but here's how I see it: -They at least wanted to meet privately with the guy -They wanted to show that they might actually be interested in him to put pressure on other teams so another prospect might slide further in the draft -They wanted to outdo the Bills, who had Jim Kelly meet with Tebow
    Posted by NickC1188

If you want a high character, coachable, "intelligent"-- even though Tebow's 22 on his wonderlic puts him at average intelligence, hard working, and winner at your QB position, Colt McCoy would be the better option at QB. McCoy is more like Steve Young than Tebow. This Tebow lovefest is unwarranted, he's not very good. I would rather take Colt as Brady's replacement. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

He isn't even a  high-character player. He is an arogant bigot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

If he's there as a mid-round selection I think they may pull the Trigger.  I've read elsewhere that he's a 1st rounder, and I can't understand why and for whom.  He's a developmental-type QB in my mind, and those guys are never 1st rounders.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Tebow and reality... two things that don't go together.

Oh you weren't asking for an answer?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Tebow and reality... : If we haven't learned anything from past drafts it's this; you can't teach accuracy .  Tebow will be just another in a long line of Florida QB's who get to the Pros and than disappear on a bench, but all this hype will accomplish what everyone perpetuating it wants... one big fat contract for Tebow before he goes off to call Gator games for the Sunshine Network for the rest of his life with the occasional guest spot on some faith based channel.  All the draft gurus, pundits and feel good sentiments won't change what common sense dictates... take his college completion percentage, now drop ten percent off and that's what he'll average for his pro career.  50% won't get it done...
    Posted by wozzy

and bingo was his name-o...anyone taking bets on how tebow tries to remain in the spotlight post football career...i.e. next year?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

49patriots, I agree with u on Colt. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

I don't know much about about Florida QB's this guy etc, etc etc.   My random thoughts are:

We only have only so many more productive SB possible years with Brady and some real needs on this team to fill. I bielieve 4 picks on the first 2 rounds.   Isn't this the draft to fill those needs to win the last couple of championships before Brady's skills fade?  I  think this guy might slip to the second round, or a QB of ( and I admitattly am not a student of the college game) equal or better skills might be there at on of the latter 2nd round picks if BB thinks he need to have someone in place for the day Brady retires

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I think they can find an undrafted QB with MUCH better potential that Tebow. Look at Hoyer from last year and Cassel before that. I would advocate doing that rather than looking at publicized guys like Tebow or McCoy. With Tebow the hype has grown out of control, but McCoy would be a better option.

Please, no more thoughts of Tebow playing TE or Hback. He looked like he was running in cement at the senior bowl, so I don't think either spot is ideal for him.

I really hope all this interest is a smokescreen. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sapper1. Show sapper1's posts

Tim can play and he can take the pounding at the next level. Plays hard..every play and durable. McCoy and Bradford are a little damaged goods,but good QB's. TT will probably be somewhat of a project,but could be used as a FB type. The kid is a strong coachable athlete and will give you ALL. I don't see him as a pure passer though,but learns fast. As a PATS fan and GATOR/.. Tebow would work out fine as a 2nd/3rd round. Don't under estimate him. He's a winner...period !
      GO GATORS!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Ok he's a winner, so let's draft him. Disregard those other winners with better skills.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Tim can play and he can take the pounding at the next level. Plays hard..every play and durable. McCoy and Bradford are a little damaged goods,but good QB's. TT will probably be somewhat of a project,but could be used as a FB type. The kid is a strong coachable athlete and will give you ALL. I don't see him as a pure passer though,but learns fast. As a PATS fan and GATOR/.. Tebow would work out fine as a 2nd/3rd round. Don't under estimate him. He's a winner...period !   GO GATORS!
    Posted by sapper1

pats and gators fan? whew...whats wrong...other bandwagon's too empty?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sapper1. Show sapper1's posts

Not really Jimmy,.. grew up in New England moved to Fla in 63, went to UF...really simple.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Not really Jimmy,.. grew up in New England moved to Fla in 63, went to UF...really simple.
    Posted by sapper1

fair enough...just a canes fan bustin your chops

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I'd be shocked if ended up on the pats. BB had dinner with him and is proping him up. he'll be a QB somewhere, if Michael Vick could start for the Falcons Tebow could start for the Jags or somebody else. Apparently the kids has something alot of college players lack and that's work ethic, something BB likes.