Tebow as TE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

Tebow as TE?

If Tebow comes out the Pats should think about taking him as TE. He's not going to play QB in the NFL. He will most likely be a 2nd day pick, and the Pats will likely have 11 or more picks in the draft. He has good speed, good size 6'3" 240, could put on 10 lbs. He is one of the strongest guys on the Gators Football team. The Pats could also line him up in the "wildcat formation", and he could pass out of it. If he slips into the 4th round, I would like to take a chance on him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Tebow as TE?

How do you even know he has good hands? can he block? you have no idea what spot he is going to play in the pro's, i cant see him as a tight end at all he is a QB he cant block for his life I bet and who knows if he can catch. I think Tebow will end up a Dolphin and become the next QB of teh Miami Dolphins but only if he can mak ethe wildcat continue to be one of the best Offenses in the league, if he cant be successful in a wildcat then he wont ever play QB

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Tebow as TE?

The problem is no one knows where Tebow goes in the draft. He could be the 2nd round pick for Detroit or a late first. I agree that he is a good athlete and that he would be a bust as an NFL QB. Vick had a stronger arm and was much faster than Tebow and he never won anything other than quality endorsements. The question you seem to be proposing is "Do teams draft Tebow as a great athlete or as a potential starting QB ?"

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from STAUGGY. Show STAUGGY's posts

Tebow as TE?

TIM IS A SPECIAL LEADER,I HAVE SEEN HIM PLAY SINCE HIS NEAST H.S. DAYS AND WITH A LITTLE COACHING HIS SKILLS AS A N.F.L. Q.B. WOULD BE THAT OF A MATT RYAN. HIS ARM HAS IMPROVED 100% SINCE HIS FRESHMAN YEAR AND HIS DESIRE TO WIN SWEEPS TEAM MATES ALONG. HE CREATES POSITIVE VIBES AND MAKES TEAM MATES PLAY HARDER AND THE N.F. L. CAN NOT MEASURE THE SIZE OF ONE'S HEART. TIM IS 10O% A HARD NOSE FOOTBALL PLAYER AND LIKE IN H.S. AND AT FLORIDA HE WINS.
    HE WILL PLAY Q.B. IN THE N.F.L. AND BE A PRO BOWLER IN A SHORT TIME AS DESIRE IS REALLY WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT AND THE WILLINGNESS TO DO ANYTHING TO WIN. THE GREAT ONES WERE LEADERS FIRST. THE VICKS HAD ABILITY . END OF STORY.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Tebow as TE?

I tight end? a fullback? and a linebacker? is there any spot on the team you wouldnt move him to other then QB? give me a f*cking break already, this guy plays QB what on earth makes any of you think he can block? a tight end needs to block, a fullback needs to block and a linebacker needs to know how to play defense tebow can not do any of that! He is a QB! Why dont we just draft him and make him a Left Tackle while we are at it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Tebow as TE?

Tebow will come back for his final season as a Gator. He will put up such statistics that by the end of his career he will go down as one of the greatest college football players of all time, even if he doesn't play for a national championship next year. Living down here in SEC country I've seen plenty of him the last few years. Tight end--no way. He will be a QB in the NFL. Let me tell you, he throws a hellava long ball. Very accurate. That's coming from a Georgia Bullldog fan. But for all you stat fanatics out there. Watch this kids final statistics when he's finished in college.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Tebow as TE?

Who is going to spend a draft pick on a TE that has never played TE?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

Tebow as TE?

regardless of where he will or won't play, the dude's a winner. I've never seen anybody with more drive or more TEAM attitude and mindset. If a coach told him where to line up and threw the playbook at him, Tebow would be ready. He would get himself there. Wherever it is. I personally think he would fit into the patriots system because he'll do what needs to be done, and he has no ego whatsoever. He just wants to win, and if it meant becoming a punter, I think he would learn to do it. Just my 2 cents.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

Tebow as TE?

The Pats should have 11 picks in the upcoming draft, and depending if they franchise and trade Cassel before the draft they may have 13 picks. It would be worth a gamble on trying Tebow as TE if he falls to the 2nd day. He is obviously a great athlete, he is a workout warrior and benches well over 400lbs. We don't know how well he blocks, that is why he probably won't be drafted on the first day. Belichick loves guys that can play multiple positions (Troy Brown, Ray Ventrone, Matthew Slater). Tebow probably runs a low 4.6, and I would bet he has pretty good hands, and He is very bright. I would definately use one of the 4th round picks on this guy. I know he is a great runner that doesn't shy from contact and rarely fumbles, he's worth consideration.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Tebow as TE?

Why would he even consider coming out this yr if he's only going to be a 2nd day pick?? I think he will definitely go back to FL if that's his draft projection.
    Talk of making him a TE reminds me of Jim Jensen, the BU QB who went on to have a pretty good career in Miami as a TE & special teamer while also lining up occasionally at RB, QB, and WR

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Tebow as TE?

My point wasn't whether he could play, it is whether a team would use a pick on him to play something he hadn't played before.

I understand that tons of players change positions, but changing from highschool to college is way different than college to the NFL, where we are talking about guaranteed dollars.

And being a workout invite non-drafted player is much different than actually being drafted.

Gonzalez was a dominant TE at CAL and a complete no-brainer.

Boss started 31 games, not half a season, and was great.

Gates -- undrafted

Neal -- undrafted

Vrabel and Bruschi are the norm as almost every 3-4 OLB starts as a 4-3 End and it is very common for the positions to move around between college and pros. That is like saying tons of CBs eventually become safeties.Or that tons of Guards were once Tackles. It is a common move among spots with common skill sets.

Very different from an elite college QB moving to TE and expecting to be drafted -- he would need to workout better than the any of the other TEs toeven get a look.

I don't think anyone will draft a Tebow as a TE because he has never played TE -- especially anywhere high.

You could mention Eric Crouch, but Tebow isn't anywhere near the same kind of athlete with his feet, and 6'2" 245 is small for TE, but not crazy small. But to get in with that group he would have to be exceptionally quick, and show fantastic hands because he won't be a blocking TE that's for sure.

Maybe FB like an "H" back spot. But again,he would have to prove a lot to get considered there.

If he makes it past the draft he could get an inviteand a workout in the slot and at TE maybe is he is hanging around on day two some team might take a crack at him as a "football player."

I think the other poster hit the nail on the head. To makethat arguement youhave to argue Tebow as an all around athlete (like Crouch) and I don't really see it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Tebow as TE?

I'm no scout....but a couple of those passes that he zinged in there on Thursday night looked pretty good.

I really don't question his physical abilities.....I wonder if there is anyone out there who knows if he has what it takes upstairs to learn the intracacies of the next level. First off, I'm not saying he's dumb or casting any aspersions as such. But I do believe it's an underestimated component when evaluating all these guys. How many high level QB draft picks have failed in recent memory? Alot. Some I'm sure have had to struggle with the concepts. Others....mismatched in systems not fit for them. Others simple not good enough (i.e. arm strength, etc.)

It takes a combination of skills to be a QB. Physical, ability to understand the systems and then execute them correctly, all that stuff. Bledsoe, for example had the tools......but didn't execute the them properly. Brady, great combination of physical and mental tools.

He seems to be a real firey emotional type ..... wonder how that's perceived by the NFL types??? Who knows? All they can do is give him a chance. Looks like a winner to me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LenDaleUSC06. Show LenDaleUSC06's posts

Tebow as TE?

If Tebow were to switch positions wouldn't that have to be after he failed to make it @ QB. Yes, Tebow could make it @ HB, like a Brandon Jacobs type back (maybe not as fast), but he would be more versatile w/his throwing ability. Tebow seems like he can adjust to the game plan & is a "team leader" so he is willing to do whatever it takes to win & is humble in doing it. Someone mentioned that Tebow could be like a HB/TE like Chris Cooley for the Redskins is.

But, switching him to a new position w/o even trying him @ QB to me is a "huge risk." Just ask the Jaguars who switched Matt Jones QB from Arkansas to WR w/o ever trying him @ QB. Jones was 6'6" & could now almost 3-4 yrs after being drafted be NFL/practice tested as a QB, but he hadn't really taken up to being a WR until it was almost taken away from him this yr w/his drug-arrest & this really caused him to step-up his game so that he wasn't cut by the Jags. I'm not saying that Tebow would have these "off-the-field issues," but I am saying it may be hard for him to adjust & be great as he is @ QB.

What is the real difference b/w Michael Vick's passing game, Vince Young's passing game...etc... from Tebow's???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Tebow as TE?

LenDale -- I'm not sure how comparing Tebow to one guy who never developed as a viable NFL quarterback and another guy who probably won't makes your point. That said, somebody will give this kid a chance (in next year's draft) and who's to say he doesn't turn out to be one of those guys who can play quarterback with his head well enough to carve in a niche in a league that has room for the Rex Grossman's of the world.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Tebow as TE?

I think that "leadership" is the best quality teams will see in this kid.

As far as his arm? He throws abunch of wobblers and ducks. Yeah,some throws are good, but it is marginal for NFL play.

Vick had an absolute cannon, and was 10x the athlete that Tebow is.

On the same token, Tebow is 10x the leader that Vick was.

Again comparing Tebow to Qbs like Brad Smith, Randle El and Eric Crouch who were ridiculously fluid and fast is a stretch. All three of these guys could carry an option team with their feet, while I am not sure Tebow could make a living doing that. Even if they killed OU.

On top of that, he has basically said if and when he enters the draft he is working out as a QB. So that should essentially end the story unless he has a change of heart.