Tebow Calls on a higher power to defeat Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TD_Jesus. Show TD_Jesus's posts

Tebow Calls on a higher power to defeat Jets

Like many Christians Tim Tebow has had to Endure the Persecution and hatred from people that wish failure upon him because of his faith. Tebow has been steadfast in his faith and love for god however and it has paid dividends for him on the field. Tim Tebow has fast become a leader off the field as well leading prayers and drawing strength from his love for god. Last night Tim Tebow Led his team to Victory over the Jets like Michael the Archangel leading his army against Satan. This guys is going places whether the God haters of the world like it or not. He is also a great role model for Children everywhere on how to win with class. I think everyone here should join me in congratulating Tim and Praying for his success.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Tebow Calls on a higher power to defeat Jets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Ea8AOAH8I

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Tebow is my friend this week and Amen to beating the Jets.

When he plays us, unfortunately, I will be hating on him too.

Great story though.

My only concern is if he eventually fails and how the fans would react after hitching their wagons to him. It seems they would be heartbroken. I guess if he keeps winning he is fine, but I feel that magic will run out against elite teams and the Jets are not elite, nor was miami or any other team he beat so far

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TD_Jesus. Show TD_Jesus's posts

In Response to Re: Tebow Calls on a higher power to defeat Jets:
    [QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Ea8AOAH8I
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Laughing
    That's a riot

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Don't give any credit to Tebow, it was all his defense.  If a team's defense keeps the score close, the QB gets NO credit for marching his team down the field for the go ahead drive.  All credit to the defense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TD_Jesus. Show TD_Jesus's posts

[QUOTE]Tebow is my friend this week and Amen to beating the Jets. When he plays us, unfortunately, I will be hating on him too. Great story though. My only concern is if he eventually fails and how the fans would react after hitching their wagons to him. It seems they would be heartbroken. I guess if he keeps winning he is fine, but I feel that magic will run out against elite teams and the Jets are not elite, nor was miami or any other team he beat so far
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

I don't think anybody would blame you for that. The thing that gets me is everytime this guy does something good in his career a good portion of the media can't give him any credit because he's a religious guy. It kills them when the guy succeeds. It's always a compliment with a back handed slam like saying he won because the Jets stink.
    I figure I'd give the guy some respect that he deserves.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TD_Jesus. Show TD_Jesus's posts

May god forgive the Hatred of all the impure posts on this thread. If they repent they will be forgiven and saved.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I will admit I am rooting for him regardless of his religous stance and I dont like to see people get hated on. I have never seen a post game interview like that before.

All the idiots on NFL network were in his face like some sort of science project asking him questions like "what do you say to your Wr after you miss him when he wide open"  and they were all the same and I give him credit for answering the questions with class and not getting perturbed.

All in all I will need to stay away from this thread as I can see this is the topic dujour and this thread is gonna be heavy rotation with the religious stuff. I personally am a spiritual person, but just not religious.

I find it funny though how someone can believe in the Devil(negative energy)_ and not God(positive energy)

And before you call me a bible thumper just think about what I said. This has nothing to do with what I believe, but everything has an opposite, so if youhave that goathead and Evil in your avatar name, who do you believe in?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

[QUOTE]Just what this site needs. A Jesus freak giving God credit for one of his worshipors winning a football game. With all the suffering going on in the word that God doesn't do anything about isn't it a little strange that he devotes his resources to a football game.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

+1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]I will admit I am rooting for him regardless of his religous stance and I dont like to see people get hated on. I have never seen a post game interview like that before. All the idiots on NFL network were in his face like some sort of science project asking him questions like "what do you say to your Wr after you miss him when he wide open"  and they were all the same and I give him credit for answering the questions with class and not getting perturbed. All in all I will need to stay away from this thread as I can see this is the topic dujour and this thread is gonna be heavy rotation with the religious stuff. I personally am a spiritual person, but just not religious. I find it funny though how someone can believe in the Devil(negative energy)_ and not God(positive energy) And before you call me a bible thumper just think about what I said. This has nothing to do with what I believe, but everything has an opposite, so if youhave that goathead and Evil in your avatar name, who do you believe in?

I believe the evil name is a shortening of evil patriots fan, a name which I started using in response to all the spygate hype calling the Patriots evil cheaters. The avatar is the first thing that popped up whenI googled 'picture of evil'. Nice job reading all kinds of foolish reasons into it though. So typical of the religeos crowd.

As for what I believe in I'll say just this..I treat people with equal respect because it's the human thing to do. I don't require an invisible man to either punish or reward me. Of course that means I don't have the invisible man to let me off the hook or place myself above others.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

[QUOTE]Just what this site needs. A Jesus freak giving God credit for one of his worshipors winning a football game. With all the suffering going on in the word that God doesn't do anything about isn't it a little strange that he devotes his resources to a football game.

Maybe Tebow is the second (or 345,000,000) coming of christ?  You wouldn't expect him to miss his son's football game, would you?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tebow Calls on a higher power to defeat Jets : Maybe Tebow is the second (or 345,000,000) coming of christ?  You wouldn't expect him to miss his son's football game, would you?
    Posted by sbruce9[/QUOTE]

I would expect him to give most of his millions to help the poor and suffering. Remember the camel and the eye of the needle.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tebow Calls on a higher power to defeat Jets : +1
    Posted by ShiningWizard[/QUOTE]

Hey, EVIL,  if you don't believe in God, that's your thing, but PUHLEEEZE don't use that lame "all the bad things in the world" excuse.  That GOD you don't believe in lets people do what they want, otherwise you couldn't come here and deny he exists.  Since he lets them do what they want, what is inside them comes out, hence all the "bad things" in the world.  You can't have it both ways, peach fuzz.  Either he intervenes and you don't get to choose or he doesn't and bad stuff happens.  

On the other hand, GOD doesn't intervene in football games either, OP, so stop it.  When Tebow loses, GOD looks bad?  I think not.  Stop being a bone head.  You are offering your GOD up for ridicule here.  Stupid of you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tebow Calls on a higher power to defeat Jets : Hey, EVIL,  if you don't believe in God, that's your thing, but PUHLEEEZE don't use that lame "all the bad things in the world" excuse.  That GOD you don't believe in lets people do what they want, otherwise you couldn't come here and deny he exists.  Since he lets them do what they want, what is inside them comes out, hence all the "bad things" in the world.  You can't have it both ways, peach fuzz.  Either he intervenes and you don't get to choose or he doesn't and bad stuff happens.   On the other hand, GOD doesn't intervene in football games either, OP, so stop it.  When Tebow loses, GOD looks bad?  I think not.  Stop being a bone head.  You are offering your GOD up for ridicule here.  Stupid of you.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Always find it interesting that people have no trouble making stuff up ( sometimes called lying ) when it comes to religion. I never said God doesn't exist. I'll find out when I die just like everybody else. In the mean time I will continue to treat people better than most religious people do.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tebow Calls on a higher power to defeat Jets : I believe the evil name is a shortening of evil patriots fan, a name which I started using in response to all the spygate hype calling the Patriots evil cheaters. The avatar is the first thing that popped up whenI googled 'picture of evil'. Nice job reading all kinds of foolish reasons into it though. So typical of the religeos crowd. As for what I believe in I'll say just this..I treat people with equal respect because it's the human thing to do. I don't require an invisible man to either punish or reward me. Of course that means I don't have the invisible man to let me off the hook or place myself above others.

Evil, thats all you had to say. I asked you about it a month ago and you never answered when I asked if you worship the devil. So this is the first time I got an explanation. I had no choice to assume, and all I said is how can you believe in one and not the other.

Like you, I use the oldest rule in the book "do unto others as you would have them do to you"

One thing I think we can all agree on is that there are negative and positive forces or energy in this world and choose to go either way. I dont include being negative about a football team.  I am talking about wether you are a good person in life or a Jerry Sandusky. everybody has the ability to be either one. We can be the nicest people or the meanest depending on what.

Like I said, I am not religious as I feel thats a business, but I am a positive , spiritual person.  I feel church is for people who are scared to go to hell and people who are spiritual have already been thru hell.

Evil, good, - positive , negative. God- devil. to each his own

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tebow Calls on a higher power to defeat Jets : Evil, thats all you had to say. I asked you about it a month ago and you never answered when I asked if you worship the devil. So this is the first time I got an explanation. I had no choice to assume, and all I said is how can you believe in one and not the other. Like you, I use the oldest rule in the book "do unto others as you would have them do to you" One thing I think we can all agree on is that there are negative and positive forces or energy in this world and choose to go either way. I dont include being negative about a football team.  I am talking about wether you are a good person in life or a Jerry Sandusky. everybody has the ability to be either one. We can be the nicest people or the meanest depending on what. Like I said, I am not religious as I feel thats a business, but I am a positive , spiritual person.  I feel church is for people who are scared to go to hell and people who are spiritual have already been thru hell. Evil, good, - positive , negative. God- devil. to each his own

Just wondering why that's any of your business anyway. I treat everyone the same as I want to be treated. Nothing else is nessessary.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

you are absolutely right. The thing is though, it came about because you attacked me last month so in my defense I ended up asking you if you worship the devil and it was a serious question. One thing you should note that if you dont want me to ask, then i can assume, like I said.  You said "I believe it was,,,," 

you dont believe, you know. I didnt

When your avatar has an evil goathead and your name is evil2012, what do you think people will assume?

Anyways, I dont think this is an issue at all. We seem to agree on some things football wise, but most of us probably wouldnt get along outside of that.

This is why I said I need to stay away from this thread. Nothing good usually comes from it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]you are absolutely right. The thing is though, it came about because you attacked me last month so in my defense I ended up asking you if you worship the devil and it was a serious question. One thing you should note that if you dont want me to ask, then i can assume, like I said.  You said "I believe it was,,,,"  you dont believe, you know. I didnt When your avatar has an evil goathead and your name is evil2012, what do you think people will assume? Anyways, I dont think this is an issue at all. We seem to agree on some things football wise, but most of us probably wouldnt get along outside of that. This is why I said I need to stay away from this thread. Nothing good usually comes from it.

Those who have been posting here  for a while know where evil comes from. As for avatars I pay less attention to that stuff than I would to a fly in my kitchen. I'm not here to ingratiate myself to anyone this site is more entertaining than anything else.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

[QUOTE]May god forgive the Hatred of all the impure posts on this thread. If they repent they will be forgiven and saved.
    Posted by TD_Jesus[/QUOTE]

TD_Jesus: I should stay out of this as well but I don't think God cares about who wins a game. Your proclamation of people repenting about their anti-Christ answers on the forum is absolutely skewed and wrong. That is not how a person is saved. You should know better. The proof not proclamations!

I don't believe in Religion because Christ never formed a religion only a church of people who follow HIM, of which I'm one. Man then came into the picture in the form of religions and formed a circle around Christ and they demand authority and respect first. Except for a few, televangelists are the worse of the lot.

Mankind has been given a free will and choices for without a free will what's the point of a judgement? Impossible! The war against evil already is won on the cross. Salvation means that a person is SAVED from judgement because they accepted the free gift of the Cross. Eph 2: 8-9; all people will be judged according to Gods plan. THe Great apostasy (as predicted) is here now and doing well.

Over and out, I'm outta here too. I'm proud and happy for Tim and his faith.

What's next a thread on UFO's? Of course! I have the proof......

Have a great day all....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In all due respect to the O/P, it could be someone stirring the pot. The handle was just made today and so its not a regular and it makes you wonder, but yeah the repent and save thing never made sense.

People if judged, will be judged on their works and how they treated people.

Religion sais you can go out and kill, rape or whatever and as long you repent and ask forgiveness you are straight. I cant accept that and this is why you have scum like Zandusky probably thinking he can repent and go to heaven...lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Too many people seem to love or hate Tebow for reasons that have nothing to do with football. I think most people would prefer that his religious beliefs be left alone. He's not the bumbling incompetent idiot some claim, nor the unstoppable force others want to believe. I don't think God has any interest in this game, if Tebow feels empowered and it helps him than good for him but I think it's a little silly to think there is any devine intervention here. Whether he develops into a great QB or stalls out and leaves the NFL in a few years is not proof that there is or is not a God and will not change anyone's beliefs. Generally speaking- he seems like a good person in a league increasingly filled with self centered punks, and he makes for good entertainment with his bizarre offense and knack for improbable wins so I am rooting for him. But if he fails at football I'll get over it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

great post Shen! I feel the same way. I just feel for the fans as they are really hitching their wagons to him. Once this dude faces a real team and real defense, he is gonna look bad and I dont believe he can be a Qb of the future, but you wont hear me hate on him. I like watching him succeed because he made all those idiots on the netowork look dumb. Well not all, he had some supporters, but only to him as a person, not his game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Tebow is my friend this week and Amen to beating the Jets. When he plays us, unfortunately, I will be hating on him too. Great story though. My only concern is if he eventually fails and how the fans would react after hitching their wagons to him. It seems they would be heartbroken. I guess if he keeps winning he is fine, but I feel that magic will run out against elite teams and the Jets are not elite, nor was miami or any other team he beat so far

It was very surprising that Tebow won last night.  He was a great college quarterback, but I still don't believe that he will be an elite quarterback in the NFL.  If he continues to win and can beat the elite teams then maybe my opinion of him will change.  He definitely was always one of my favorite college players and I would have been happy if he was playing for New England, but don't think he could become a replacement for Brady when he retires. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]I personally am a spiritual person, but just not religious.

This is one of my all-time favorites.

I've never yet heard anyone explain satisfactorily what this means, beyond some version of "I believe what's convenient for me,"  but that is probably another discussion for another time.

As for Tebow, I think we're going to have to start thinking about considering beginning to accept the possibility that Jesus actually wants him to win . . .

which is pretty bad for the rest of the NFL, if you think about it.

I mean, sure, you always hear athletes thank their lord when they win, but when have you ever heard a losing player say, "Oh, sure . . .  we could have beaten them, if it hadn't been for Jesus"?

Wink

(I can't remember who I stole that joke from . . .   I think it might have been Jim Gaffigan)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Tebow Calls on a higher power to defeat Jets:
    [QUOTE]Like many Christians Tim Tebow has had to Endure the Persecution and hatred from people that wish failure upon him because of his faith. Tebow has been steadfast in his faith and love for god however and it has paid dividends for him on the field. Tim Tebow has fast become a leader off the field as well leading prayers and drawing strength from his love for god. Last night Tim Tebow Led his team to Victory over the Jets like Michael the Archangel leading his army against Satan. This guys is going places whether the God haters of the world like it or not. He is also a great role model for Children everywhere on how to win with class. I think everyone here should join me in congratulating Tim and Praying for his success.
    Posted by TD_Jesus[/QUOTE]

Also, you seem a bit too over the top to be real.  I'm guessing you are CC.  You sound like him.