Tebow Calls on a higher power to defeat Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: Tebow Calls on a higher power to defeat Jets

In Response to Re: Tebow Calls on a higher power to defeat Jets:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tebow Calls on a higher power to defeat Jets : Always find it interesting that people have no trouble making stuff up ( sometimes called lying ) when it comes to religion. I never said God doesn't exist. I'll find out when I die just like everybody else. In the mean time I will continue to treat people better than most religious people do.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

Dude, I said IF.  IF you don't believe.  And I don't care one way or the other, I just find that "suffering in the world" bit to be a little unreasonable.  That's all I am saying.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Tebow Calls on a higher power to defeat Jets:
    [QUOTE]Like many Christians Tim Tebow has had to Endure the Persecution and hatred from people that wish failure upon him because of his faith. Tebow has been steadfast in his faith and love for god however and it has paid dividends for him on the field. Tim Tebow has fast become a leader off the field as well leading prayers and drawing strength from his love for god. Last night Tim Tebow Led his team to Victory over the Jets like Michael the Archangel leading his army against Satan. This guys is going places whether the God haters of the world like it or not. He is also a great role model for Children everywhere on how to win with class. I think everyone here should join me in congratulating Tim and Praying for his success.
    Posted by TD_Jesus[/QUOTE]

TD:
    I feel you brother but the is a sport and Tebow is a man, nothing else. Jesus might support him and lift him up but he ain't taking sides in a game...Love the man for his faith but lets relax a bit making his faith sound like a slap in the face to the world.

"This guys is going places whether the God haters of the world like it or not."

Tebow would not be doing that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]Too many people seem to love or hate Tebow for reasons that have nothing to do with football. I think most people would prefer that his religious beliefs be left alone. He's not the bumbling incompetent idiot some claim, nor the unstoppable force others want to believe. I don't think God has any interest in this game, if Tebow feels empowered and it helps him than good for him but I think it's a little silly to think there is any devine intervention here. Whether he develops into a great QB or stalls out and leaves the NFL in a few years is not proof that there is or is not a God and will not change anyone's beliefs. Generally speaking- he seems like a good person in a league increasingly filled with self centered punks, and he makes for good entertainment with his bizarre offense and knack for improbable wins so I am rooting for him. But if he fails at football I'll get over it.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Come on now you know the good Lord is watching the point spread and His bet and giving a little nudge

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

I saw him on bended knee looking to the power above and heard him say "please Mr.Elway watch what can do and look at my results and not my stats"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tebow Calls on a higher power to defeat Jets : Those who have been posting here  for a while know where evil comes from. As for avatars I pay less attention to that stuff than I would to a fly in my kitchen. I'm not here to ingratiate myself to anyone this site is more entertaining than anything else.

I was going to stay out of all this till you brought the poor fly into it. Don't be a fly hater, little guys have a tough enough life all ready. Can't we just all get along and leave the dam flies alone....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]

People if judged, will be judged on their works and how they treated people.

Sorry could not let this go, we will not be judged on works. Only on one thing.
    Don't want you to miss out for silly reason. Check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K48-Li7lIfA

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Praise to Tebow!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

The only time I have a problem with anyone's religous beliefs, regardless of what they are, is when they shove them in your face. When you have to go door to door selling a belief like it was a vacuum cleaner I tend to question it's validity.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Nice vid gm.

I dont refer to any higher power as he/she. Its just too much grey area.

Actually in my research I found the african woman to be the closest thing to it. She was the first person found to be inhabited the earth. Woman can create(wonb) Man cant.

There are a lot things to it, but this is not the forum and I would be here all day answering to folks who think im crazy

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Cant believe I got tebowed last night...why does god hate the Sanchize????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogbones. Show dogbones's posts

does the devil win wheb tbone looses.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Don't give any credit to Tebow, it was all his defense. Posted by mighty2012[/QUOTE]

The truth.

The offense pretty much bungled all the great field position they had, and the stoopid coach bungled thier first scoring drive, when he should have went for a FG.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]Cant believe I got tebowed last night...why does god hate the Sanchize????
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is a Sanchize thing, The Lord is a Pats fan, so He dislike the entire team and your little dog rexy too..............im melting....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TD_Jesus. Show TD_Jesus's posts

Tim Prays for you!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajaym. Show ajaym's posts

The jests surely missed Tomlinson on Thursday night.

Not sure if someone already mentioned/asked this, but, could it be possible that Edelman's hit on Tomlinson in the last jests' drive against Pats last Sunday was a payback for what they did to Faulk over a year ago?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

In Response to Tebow Calls on a higher power to defeat Jets:

If God is helping Tebow win football games, then why is Tebow such a rotten  QB?.......... It seems to me God must really hate Tebow  for being a materialist who uses his physical gifts to promote drinking and gambleing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

People who love Tebow for his religion are so ironic, in that they chastise people who don't like Tebow and just assume it is because of his religion.  I never new Christians were such an insecure lot.  Maybe some people just don't like watching terrible QB play, it might not be about Jesus.

That being said, it is pretty clear the original poster is not serious or is only trying to stir the pot. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

i do find it a coincydink that as he praises
    God and Detroit makes fun of him
    that he goes up and they go down

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tebow Calls on a higher power to defeat Jets : I would expect him to give most of his millions to help the poor and suffering. Remember the camel and the eye of the needle.

Did that "invisible man" make this comment Spike?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]i do find it a coincydink that as he praises God and Detroit makes fun of him that he goes up and they go down 11
    Posted by seawolfxs[/QUOTE]

How much did the NFL fine the Lions and Bears today? I lived in Oregon while Suh was playing his football at Grant. It would seem he and his Lions like to act tough and speak pejoratively about an opponent they just TKO'd. People always feel tall when they knock someone next to them to the ground.

Everyone gets what they get. The sovereign one is still the sovereign one. His grace is enough for me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]Don't give any credit to Tebow, it was all his defense.  If a team's defense keeps the score close, the QB gets NO credit for marching his team down the field for the go ahead drive.  All credit to the defense.
    Posted by mighty2012[/QUOTE]

Didn't know I was watching a freaking mirage on the last Broke Back drive. Thanks to you, I was actually seeing a LB making that 20 yd TD run, NOT Tebow. Funny, but I didn't see the defense on the field for that drive. I'd like to believe that the defense did its job by holding the JESTS! offense down pretty much all game. I also didn't see Tebow or any offensive players on the field while the Broke Backs were on defense.

As for the Broke Back defense, they did whattyhey were supposed to do, holding a pitiful JESTS! offense, sans a running game of any kind to 13 points. 

I can only assume that you will not be giving Brady any kind of credit for any of his 4th quarter heroics over his career. After all, accoridng to you, it was the defense that allowed him to be in a position to get "no credit" in winning the game(s), right? 

Hate on Tebow all you want, but he's doing something that a well established and statistically better QB (Sanchize) isn't doing right now.... WINNING.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]People who love Tebow for his religion are so ironic, in that they chastise people who don't like Tebow and just assume it is because of his religion.  I never new Christians were such an insecure lot.  Maybe some people just don't like watching terrible QB play, it might not be about Jesus. That being said, it is pretty clear the original poster is not serious or is only trying to stir the pot. 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Uh, why wasn't his religion an issue in college? It isn't a spur of the moment thing. It's only another excuse to hate on a player that doesn't fit THEIR idea of a pro QB. Glad to see that Elway and the Broke Backs have a more realistic idea of the way things are. All he's doing, when given the chance, is WIN. Apparently, they must have known something when they drafted him KNOWING he was NOT a pro-style QB, and may probably never be one. Must be those danged "intangibles" that haters deny exist. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]The only time I have a problem with anyone's religous beliefs, regardless of what they are, is when they shove them in your face. When you have to go door to door selling a belief like it was a vacuum cleaner I tend to question it's validity.
    Posted by patsfaninpa420[/QUOTE]

Uh, you can thank the drive by media for that. They ask him, he professes his faith, they run the story, KNOWING they got exactly what they want, and to create some form of controversy. I don't hear about, see, or know of any instance when Tebow sought out the media to "spread his word". They do a pretty good job all on their own.  

I find him refreshing. We'll probably never see his name in a story about an assault (sexual or otherwise), a DUI, a motor vehicle accident, financial fraud, or any other shenanigans going on in the wee dark hours of the morning. Unless of course you like that type of behavior...... 

I learned a long time ago to NEVER getinvolved with what anyother person determines what his faith is, and how he depends on it. Being a critic of someone else's faith is a standard that you can never live up to. Your options are few: 1) My faith (what my beiefs are) is better than his faith  2) how I apply my faith/beliefs in everyday life is better than how he does  3) I have no faith, and it's the best option.

Besides, going door to door is pretty mush a Jehovah's Witness thing. This is NOT Tebow's faith.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tebow Calls on a higher power to defeat Jets : Uh, you can thank the drive by media for that. They ask him, he professes his faith, they run the story, KNOWING they got exactly what they want, and to create some form of controversy. I don't hear about, see, or know of any instance when Tebow sought out the media to "spread his word". They do a pretty good job all on their own.   I find him refreshing. We'll probably never see his name in a story about an assault (sexual or otherwise), a DUI, a motor vehicle accident, financial fraud, or any other shenanigans going on in the wee dark hours of the morning. Unless of course you like that type of behavior......  I learned a long time ago to NEVER getinvolved with what anyother person determines what his faith is, and how he depends on it. Being a critic of someone else's faith is a standard that you can never live up to. Your options are few: 1) My faith (what my beiefs are) is better than his faith  2) how I apply my faith/beliefs in everyday life is better than how he does  3) I have no faith, and it's the best option. Besides, going door to door is pretty mush a Jehovah's Witness thing. This is NOT Tebow's faith.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

AZPAT...do me a favor? Keep it simple and just let everyone work out their own relationships. Fact is Tim Tebow has one thing going for him that many don't. I wonder if they realize what they're missing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I would expect him to give most of his millions to help the poor and suffering. Remember the camel and the eye of the needle.

Do you know why they call camels the ships of the desert? Cause they are always full of arab seamen.