Tebow Detractors-Hows that Egg on your face Taste Today?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleLazJunior. Show LittleLazJunior's posts

Tebow Detractors-Hows that Egg on your face Taste Today?

Does anyone remember just before the Draft how there were about 25 or so in this forum claiming how Tim Tebow was a joke? There was no way he could play in the Pro Football League, he couldnt throw a football to save his life? Or do anything related to Pro Football?  Well, well, well, how sad you look to be soooooooo wrong! HA!  Oh yes the season is early, but it's obvious that those with such superior football knowledge, with such amazing people skills, with such incredible athletic insight in this very forum were the biggest dumbazzes out here. Now I wont begin to embarrass you by mentioning your names, but we all know who you were and are.  This kid has shown more heart, more intelligence, more intestinal fortitude and all done within a humble manor.  He may not be a hall of fame quaterback, but if he continues on his path of such work ethic he just may well be one some day.  Now for those of you that had nothing but negative crap to say about this kid, hows that egg "on yer" faces taste? Stick to your day time jobs boys....cuz yer football pickin skills suuks LOL!Tongue out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Tebow Detractors-Hows that Egg on your face Taste Today?

No

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Yeah I dumped on him.  I'll concede that he's not as bad as I thought.

Just curious, if he's that good, why is Tim Tebow still competing against undrafted free agents in the fourth quarter?  The Patriots' 2010 first round pick, two of the three second round picks (the other was an injury scratch for the game), the third round pick, the fourth round pick and the fifth round pick were all playing in their first game well before the fourth quarter.  Every one of them was picked after Tim Tebow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

That's not a good point at all, Paul.  Sorry.  Tebow, however, hasn't succeeded yet.  I didn't say one way or the other (I would have leaned toward good until proven otherwise) but throwing a couple late in the first pre-season game there is, does not equal good pick.  See: Bishop, Micheal  for proof on that one.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Tebow Detractors-Hows that Egg on your face Taste Today?:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone remember just before the Draft how there were about 25 or so in this forum claiming how Tim Tebow was a joke? Posted by LittleLazJunior[/QUOTE]

he didn't do that great, we'll see how he fairs in real games

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

So . . .   the guy who changes his log-in persona every five minutes is taking the "high road" and isn't going to mention any names. That's very big of you, Stomp.

I'll say this much . . . the first pass I saw him throw should have been caught . . . but the biggest knock on this kid was that he's got a slow delivery and I haven't seen anything from him to this point to convince me that analysis is incorrect.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I was never really mad a Tebow as a player or even as a person.
     I was just mad because the NFL baned  a  super bowl commercials from my Congregationalist religion but allowed a super bowl commercial from Tebow's church.

If the NFL can't allow a commercial from the people who invented Thanksgiving then they shouldn't allow one from any religion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

On a football note.  Tebow is fighting Brady Quinn for the 2nd string position behind Kyle Orton.

That should tell you all you need to know about his QB skills. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

In Response to Tebow Detractors-Hows that Egg on your face Taste Today?:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone remember just before the Draft how there were about 25 or so in this forum claiming how Tim Tebow was a joke? There was no way he could play in the Pro Football League, he couldnt throw a football to save his life? Or do anything related to Pro Football?  Well, well, well, how sad you look to be soooooooo wrong! HA!  Oh yes the season is early, but it's obvious that those with such superior football knowledge, with such amazing people skills, with such incredible athletic insight in this very forum were the biggest dumbazzes out here. Now I wont begin to embarrass you by mentioning your names, but we all know who you were and are.  This kid has shown more heart, more intelligence, more intestinal fortitude and all done within a humble manor.  He may not be a hall of fame quaterback, but if he continues on his path of such work ethic he just may well be one some day.  Now for those of you that had nothing but negative crap to say about this kid, hows that egg "on yer" faces taste? Stick to your day time jobs boys....cuz yer football pickin skills suuks LOL!
    Posted by LittleLazJunior[/QUOTE]

What are you, 12 years old? I've yet to see an intelligent or mature post from you yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

lil Laz Jr. 
    YOU ARE A JOKE

Tebow was decent against 3rd string Bengals
    if you saw him play you would have seen that his throwing motion barely changed from his college days and that it took him forever to release the ball, his wind-up will cause him to fumble like crazy

can tebow be a great NFL player, sure.  can we crown him right now, after 1 preseason game vs practice-squaders and free agents NO WAY
    so relax and go take your meds

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan42. Show Patsfan42's posts

In Response to Re: Tebow Detractors-Hows that Egg on your face Taste Today?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Tebow Detractors-Hows that Egg on your face Taste Today? : What are you, 12 years old? I've yet to see an intelligent or mature post from you yet.
    Posted by capecodwilly[/QUOTE]

this idiot is just trying to be like the original idiot, the original Laz. At least O-Laz posts for humor, not like this idiot. How pathetic ones life must be when your idol is an unknown poster on a football forum! lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I was ragging on him, I don't care. The 3rd string defense got to him and sacked him because of his slow delivery, I can just imagine what teams with speed rushers are going to do to him. 

And I thought you were new to this board, LazJR? Jesus, Leon, get a job or some friends. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I had no opinion on Tebow, but his debut was not as good as some want to make it.  There was a nice article about his so-called new throwing mechanics.  He can make the short passes, but he still uses the long wind up for his long passes.  On some plays he couldn't even get the ball off due to his long wind up.  In other words, he struggled with the intermediate to deep balls.  We all know you won't be successful for long if your only game is the short pass.

That said, he's a guy I'll wish success upon.  If he's the hard worker a lot of folks think he is, he'll correct his shortcomings.  I hope he does well in the NFL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

You are dead to me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I didn't rip Tebow, I actually like him and he's a decent player but it's a little early for the egg on the face isn't it. I'd like to see him succeed and from what I could tell most of the people that didn't like him just didn't like his religious ideals.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Yeah, real impressive, playing in garbage time against a bunch of guys who are going to be in the Canadian league in a month. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

the egg you are referencing, will ultimately end up on Tebow's face, probably smearing his John 3:16 eyeshadow...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

I was a little disturbed by the way he barrelled his way into the end zone to score (and possibly get hurt) in garbage time when there was no real advantage to do it since they were gonna lose anyway

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I thought the knock on him was he dropped his arm before a pass, a wind up as it was put. I don't think he was worth trading up for in the first round though. I hope he does well. Brady Quinn suckedd when he was at ND. He is not an NFL QB if you ask me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

First off he played one game against mediocre competition. Second is the hype surrounding Tebow. Right now he is a better media incarnation than he is a football player, however, that could change. I have nothing against the guy I just think he's gotten far to much hype for a player with limited abilities.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Ok, lets crown him the next TB. Really? the guy had a mediocre game at best. He's back to his old throwing style. Lets see how he does against real competition. I'm pulling for him, but we'll see. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

A lot of posters slagged Tebow because of the hype around him and his holier-than- thou persona.  Some say he's humble, I say he's preachy. But one preseason game does not a hall of fame career make.  How many guys have good preseason showings because they're playing against guys that will be delivering the mail or selling cars when they're cut from an NFL roster?  What is it about the Tebow coronation with some of you?  

He may prove to be a legit NFL player.  I'll wait for a few years before I believe it. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I crown him the next Reggie Bush. He was hyped pretty hard too. Makes that Mario williams pick all the more smarter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

So many pundits, so many  "expert" opinions and as we all know  most are a long way from half-accurate...

So why not give it the pre-season before canonizing or burying the kid.

The naysayers are correct about one thing though....
    If he attempts that joe-college QB dive into the end zone come regular season he's gonna be body bag material by week three....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I wish people would stop saying I hate Tebow because of his religious beliefs. I'm pretty sure Brady is a Christian.