Tebow vs Vince Young...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

Tebow vs Vince Young...

What's the difference ? Football wise...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Re: Tebow vs Vince Young...

Vince Young, though he was/is hardly a great passer, still threw a better ball at UT than Tebow throws right now.  Young also has a long delivery like Tebow (VY is side arm), but he get's the ball out with more accuracy imo.  Tebow is much stronger, and ran over opponents in the SEC, however I question whether that will happen against NFL 'backers.  Vince Young is much quicker than Tebow, hence his ability to scramble. I really don't see Tebow ever being an NFL quarterback, he has a very limited ability to throw the ball downfield with any accuracy not to mention he has virtually zero pro fundamentals.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LenDaleUSC06. Show LenDaleUSC06's posts

Probably that Tebow is humble enough to not think that he should just be gifted the starting QB job & that all the fans will cheer him something that VY couldn't handle.  Tebow probably is ok with holding a clip-board for a few yrs to learn the system & he won't go out & try & commit suicide, sulk in the media, say that he will win a Super Bowl & be a HOF'er when he hadn't started in a whole yr + 6 games.  VY seems like a slow learner where as Tebow seems to want to learn & is willing to put in the time to improve @ whatever the coaches want him to do. 

For instance if a coach told Tebow once he was drafted he was going to be a WR/TE/FB/RB... etc.. that Tebow would put his head down & become the best player that he could be at the above associated position, whereas VY would claim that the coach hated him, the coach was a racist, or say he wanted to be traded immediately.

I guarantee that Tebow will score higher than a 6 on his Wonderlic than VY!! Oh wait they said that VY scored a 16 on the re-test. 

Tebow doesn't have issues w/the the deep ball on passes 20 + yds, but he does have a problem w/short quick passes b/c he takes a long time to get the ball out of his hand b/c of his motion & also b/c he is left handed & that is also something his WR's/TE's will have to get used to.

But, I will agree that any team that wants VY or TT will have an offense geared to suit their needs.  I am not saying that Tebow is any where near VY's speed, but he does have strength & could get a scramble or two a game & this would be enough to get a 1st Down or 2 per game.  I see TT more as a game manager who would be great for a team that ran-the ball alot.  But, what other teams will do w/TT just as they try & do w/VY they force him to beat them via the pass.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Oh I guess you missed the Sugar Bowl game where Tebow went 31-35 hitting guys in windows a sparrow could'nt slip into,also Tim's career passing PCT at UF was an astonishing 68% for 4 years not the 2 VY played at Texas. I won't even go into all the intangibles he brings to the table.However the Patriots fans don't have too worry about Tim's availability because Jacksonville's owner has already stated it is his intentions to draft Tim with his first round pick which is several picks ahead of New Englands. I love it when some talking head tries too disect a player and then when doing so forgets too mention the guys strengths like how many games did he win while playing QB for UF or how many picks vs. TDs he threw not to count how many rushing TDs he had. The guy is a stud and as sound a citizen as you'll find anywheres,he's a leader natural born!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Young has a weird throwing motion but he usually gets the job done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

^^exactly yapple, his motion is a strange side army thing but the ball comes out with reasonable quickness, and it seems as if maybe he grew up a bit from his childish '06-08 levels. Tebow's delivery takes ages, and I don't buy that he can throw an NFl deep ball.  Any team that wants him to be anything like a quarterback better have a great offensive line.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Even the experts don't have much expertise when it comes to NFL QB's.  Tebow will be drafted higher than Brady, so I'm sure lots of people could tell you why Brady would never make it as a QB back then. I would say there are 4 HOF QB's in the NFL now and they are.

Brady- 6th rd
    Manning- 1st rd
    Warner- undrafted
    Favre- 2nd rd

Only one 1st rounder.  I don't want the pats to draft him though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"Even the experts don't have much expertise when it comes to NFL QB's.  Tebow will be drafted higher than Brady, so I'm sure lots of people could tell you why Brady would never make it as a QB back then. I would say there are 4 HOF QB's in the NFL now and they are." Shenanigan
    ---------------------

didn't the pundits think Ryan Leaf was better than Manning?