Tedy Bruschi Calls it like it is!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommy3123. Show tommy3123's posts

Re: Tedy Bruschi Calls it like it is!!!

We have four picks in the first three rounds. The Jets only have two. Miami has three so there not in a terrible position. Lets be real here people you make a championship team through the draft like we have always done. When do we shed out millions of dollars to one free agent...never. Does everyone here think that the jets improved with the addition of Cromartie? I think hes overrated in my opinion and Dansby is a nice pick up in Miami but thats all they have done this offseason. New England has resigned its best CB, NT, OLB, RB without giving up any of its picks or overpaying. Not mentioning that all these young guys now have a full season of the system under there belts. If any team is in a good position in this division its the Pats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

The draft is a good way to build...BUT - When the players get NFL savy the Pats don't pay them and they walk for the money!!!

And then you moron fans say that if its about the money let them go!!! This is a business people!! Of course its about the money!! And they will walk and so would YOU!!!

I agree to build by the draft!!! But you better keep them around!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi Calls it like it is!!!:
    In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi Calls it like it is!!! : you need to get real.he is calling it as he see,s it so far.yes its just a week into the free agency.but it is what it is so far.nothing wrong with your opinion,but dont act like yours is the only valid one here.it dosent make you the saint of patriot fans.
    Posted by mosseffect43

But my opinion makes the most sense......If people used more common sense instead of insulting the team and the fanbase that does not agree with their crying, this would be a better place.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

ok... I have decided I have to weigh in here before I am off to lunch... First Bruschi was a great football player and I word it that way because he wasn't a great linebacker or a great DE. He is pretty smart when it comes to understanding how he fit into a football defensive scheme, and I am sure he would be a great defensive coach with time if he wanted to.

Having said all that there is no more reason to listen to him on issues like this then there would be to listen to A. Thomas or Randy Moss or even Vince Wilfork. There is just one player you should listen to if you are the Patriots and that is Brady... now I am not saying give him anything he wants but if he is telling you he needs some help then give it to him. On the defensive side of the ball I think that player will eventually be Mayo but right now I'd say not yet.

As for why he was saying anything like that I would have to say he is doing his job that ESPN hired him for. If they stir things up in Patriot nation they increase their market share as people tune in tohear follow up. He is a smart guy, and is developing into a decent talking head.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

The draft is a good way to build...BUT - When the players get NFL savy the Pats don't pay them and they walk for the money!!! And then you moron fans say that if its about the money let them go!!! This is a business people!! Of course its about the money!! And they will walk and so would YOU!!! I agree to build by the draft!!! But you better keep them around!!!
    Posted by Patriotsftball

What are you talking about?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

The draft is a good way to build...BUT - When the players get NFL savy the Pats don't pay them and they walk for the money!!! And then you moron fans say that if its about the money let them go!!! This is a business people!! Of course its about the money!! And they will walk and so would YOU!!! I agree to build by the draft!!! But you better keep them around!!!
    Posted by Patriotsftball

BTW... they are playing in a business so yes they need to pay the issue is do you over pay for a player that makes you better for lets say two seasons then kills you because you tied up money you need elsewhere when you could have signed someone else and had simmilar production and money left over to improve elsewhere as well?  And the Patriots are not cheap lets stop saying it because it is crap... THey pay when they need to to get the players they need or to keep the ones they already have... Just ask VW.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

Just get ready for this:

"WE HAVE TO GET BETTER" - You will hear that a lot this year!!!

And then we will all say: "GET A PASS RUSH" ...

And then the next game "WE HAVE TO GET BETTER" ...

And then we all say: "TRY AND BLITZ A LITTLE" ...

WE HAVE TO GET BETTER
    WE HAVE TO GET BETTER
    WE HAVE TO GET BETTER

GO PATS!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi Calls it like it is!!! : But my opinion makes the most sense......If people used more common sense instead of insulting the team and the fanbase that does not agree with their crying, this would be a better place.....
    Posted by m1021us
    there you go with just your opinion again.
    and how is a fan insulting the team because they feel the team needs to improve in some areas?you havent heard me cry about anything,but give an opinion just like yours.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi Calls it like it is!!! : there you go with just your opinion again.its funny that some agree with you,but others agree with me.so who is insulting who?
    Posted by mosseffect43

I am not insulting anyone.....6 days into FREE AGENCY.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

THEY PAY????

I GUESS WE DONT NEED A PASS RUSH????

How about this... Lets pay for the right players or lets pay for the right pieces to the puzzle...

Wilfork is great!!! BUT - When he does his job and puts teams in passing situations we turn around and have NO PASS RUSH!!! What does that equal????  FIRST DOWN AGAIN!!!

BUT - I GUESS WE DONT NEED A PASS RUSH??????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi Calls it like it is!!! : I am not insulting anyone.....6 days into FREE AGENCY.
    Posted by m1021us
    either is anyone else who gives there opinion.your not hearing me cry about anything,but giving an opinion.rather if its 2 days or 2 weeks into the free agency all of my statements are for the present moment.and there is no panic,or red lights or sirens going off.but if i feel the team needs some improveing its my opinion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi Calls it like it is!!! : either is anyone else who gives there opinion.your not hearing me cry about anything,but giving an opinion.rather if its 2 days or 2 weeks into the free agency all of my statements are for the present moment.and there is no panic,or red lights or sirens going off.but if i feel the team needs some improveing its my opinion.
    Posted by mosseffect43

OMG, every team does.....that is common sense.....WOW!  Tell us something we don't know.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

THEY PAY???? I GUESS WE DONT NEED A PASS RUSH???? How about this... Lets pay for the right players or lets pay for the right pieces to the puzzle... Wilfork is great!!! BUT - When he does his job and puts teams in passing situations we turn around and have NO PASS RUSH!!! What does that equal????  FIRST DOWN AGAIN!!! BUT - I GUESS WE DONT NEED A PASS RUSH??????
    Posted by Patriotsftball

LOL!  6 days into FREE AGENCY!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi Calls it like it is!!! : OMG, every team does.....that is common sense.....WOW!  Tell us something we don't know.....
    Posted by m1021us
    I just did.and with my other post that you just blindly come off saying that im crying or need to chill.here is a little tip before you come off on me with an insult.read what i am posting carefully,and if you still dont agree.thats your right,but its only yours and my opinion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Tedy Bruschi Calls it like it is!!!:
    Tedy B. speaks the truth about the Pats offseason, and don't give me all that ESPN influence crap, Tedy is saying just what he thinks. From ESPN: "Who is going to play outside linebacker for them, especially if Adalius Thomas is no longer a member of this team?" Bruschi asked. "If Wes Welker 's rehabilitation takes longer than expected, they need another receiver. "These are areas that have to be addressed via free agency. They've been very quiet up to this point. Re-signing their players is important, but they need help. They need to get off the fence and start signing some players to be competitive in this AFC East because the New York Jets and Miami Dolphins are getting better with every signing that they make."
    Posted by BBRULES23

I don't think one needs Bruschi to state the obvious. Many of us have said basically the same well before he made his statements....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I love the clowns who keep saying that the fans who are complaining are complaining over nothing because it's only been 5 days of FA. If I recall correctly, I'm sure I do, it's only been 5 days, all the FA worth signing have already been signed. The only people left are a bunch of scrubs that won't effect anything. Who are the Pats going to sign at WR? Josh Reed? -_-... That will force Ryan to bring his safeties back. Who at OLB? I don't even know. Who at DE? I hope they draft one with their first pick. There are no other FAs worth signing. All we can do is hope the Pats strike big in the draft, but they don't usually do well out of the 1st round.

GOD! We just keep falling behind. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Listen this F/A class was/is very thin , but thats no excuse. The Pats are picking at 22 , when there might only 15-20 real first rounders this year. This draft isnt nearly as deep as some think. Yea at OT/DT its stacked , after that its do your homework , watch as much tape and talk to as many people as you can. Id keep all our seconds , but trade our first for Marshell in a second. We need real help there , and although there COULD BE a find in Benn , Tate etc , Marshell is here and now. Hes a top 5 rec in his prime that would fit in great here at the X position opposite the GOAT! Do you really want to take a FIRST RD chance on Graham or Kindle. Id rather wait until the second and even try to trade up to the 34-36 slots , thats value. And just signing your F/As isnt going on a spending spree , were the same team as last year , while both jets/'fins have got better in F/A. Not to mention both there QBs will be a year older.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi Calls it like it is!!! : I just did.and with my other post that you just blindly come off saying that im crying or need to chill.here is a little tip before you come off on me with an insult.read what i am posting carefully,and if you still dont agree.thats your right,but its only yours and my opinion.
    Posted by mosseffect43

Uh, no you didn't....

We all know that the Pats need to restock their line-up....every team needs to...but the Pats are in a better position than most everyone else....

I guess we all should stop posting now....nobody's opinion matters....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I love the clowns who keep saying that the fans who are complaining are complaining over nothing because it's only been 5 days of FA. If I recall correctly, I'm sure I do, it's only been 5 days, all the FA worth signing have already been signed. The only people left are a bunch of scrubs that won't effect anything. Who are the Pats going to sign at WR? Josh Reed? -_-... That will force Ryan to bring his safeties back. Who at OLB? I don't even know. Who at DE? I hope they draft one with their first pick. There are no other FAs worth signing. All we can do is hope the Pats strike big in the draft, but they don't usually do well out of the 1st round. GOD! We just keep falling behind. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Hey MossEffect.....can I tell this guy that he is over reacting....he is about to jump off of the Pru tower.......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Radio you need to do your homework buddy before you bump your gums. Vonnie Holiday , Dwan Edwards , are you serious. Holidays so old he practices in a graveyard. And you really think AO can and would be effective as a OLB , please. You need to step your game up before running your mouth. BTW whos going to play our X position at rec , and how about RB , Taylor would have been perfect here and didnt cost anything. The PATS have been quiet so far...so far. And thats all were saying , seriously you dont know have as much as you think you do about ball , so relax.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Agree.  The whining and hand wringing in March (!) is so ridiculous. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

AMAZING! What BS! Teddy, as great as he was as a player, is simply displaying his amazing grasp of the obvious. This isn't insight that he is giving us. It is exactly what we all think. He should be sharing his opinion on what the PATS organization is likely setting up to fill the holes. Too bad all he learned was on the field, and didn't learn anything about the business. If he had, we'd be riveted to his every word and not listening to a rabid PATS fan who asks the same questions we do!

In Bill I Trust! Last year was a transition season and we still won the division. Period.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommy3123. Show tommy3123's posts

4 picks in the first three rounds of a strong draft or overpay in a weak free agent pool? which one do you choose? The only player I would have liked to see join the pats was possibly Derrick Mason but he resigned with Baltimore. Get over the free agency period its all hype anyways. You dont build championships through free agents you draft end of story. for instance look at the Washington Redskins who overpay for free agents and go no where. Then look at the top teams such as the Pats, Colts, Steelers, Ravens and Saints. They all draft well and over the past decade all have superbowl wins.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

The zealots on this board are funny.  Yo mighty (with your new name) and the rest of you relax.  This isn't 7th grade home room.  This is the real world, kinda, and there are adults with different opinion's then yours.  Calling other people idiots, bandwagon and whatever only makes you look foolish.  Were all fans here except underdoggg.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi Calls it like it is!!! : Funny, because the COlts have been doing less than the Pats this off season.....and what Bruschi can be said about any team in the NFL....it is only 6 days into free agency....All I am saying s for these complainiers (Including Bruschi), is give it up!
    Posted by m1021us

In the Polian era, the Colts have never been players in the veteran free agency game - at least not to any level of significance.  Name the top 3 vet FA's the colts have acquired in the last 10 years.  Corey Simon (bust) - Booger McFarland (to replace Simon), Adam Viniateri.  That's about it.  The same can't be said about the pats.  Bringing in vet FA's are a regular part of their personnel strategy.