Tedy Bruschi says one of Patriots needs is Running Back???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Tedy Bruschi says one of Patriots needs is Running Back???

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to anonymis' comment:

If the Patriots want to improve the running game, they need to pick up another TE whe excels in run blocking (apart from using Gronk). If Gronk is used for blocking, there is no option to throw to him. The Patriots have to make things a lil harder for opponents to recognize what they're trying to run. IMO, they also need to go with one RB for a majority of the plays; let them do everything - screens, runs, play action, block. This will also make it more difficult for opponents to recognize what kind of play is being called.

They already did. His name is Jake Ballard.

true, but he was not available last year. And unluckily, Gronk may or may not be available at the beginning of the year. So, if gronk isn't available - assumming Ballard fills Gronk's role - they're in no better position than before.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

lmao..peeps are going on and on. It's already been listed and properly categorized for the teams, coaches, and players.

Lesson. if it's on the list, don't use it. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Maybe, but I see Vereen's role exspaning. Like maybe a 2-3 down back. He is that good. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I realize that the NFL doesn't consider Adderall a performance enhancing drug, but it is.

I took one of these things by accident once when my sister stayed with me for a few days, this is what happened...I cleaned the house, talked on the phone and worked out...at the same time. I drove down to my mom's house and had maybe the most meaningful conversation with her that I've ever had - then I went outside and cut down a 80 foot oak tree and also sectioned it up into little neat pieces (I had never used a chainsaw before). I then drove home and thought...I have never felt this good in my entire life and I may never feel this good again. When I got home I measured  my bathroom closet door diameter and took my wife and kids to homedepot, where I purchased saws, screws, a sliding door and managed to fit it all in a Honda Accord. When we all got home I tore out the existing door, put the new slider together and shimed/installed it. It was 11 at night when I finished - I hadn't eaten more than a piece of toast since breakfast and I may of had three glasses of water that entire day.

Now an hour into this adventure I realized I had not taken my lipitor, but something else. And I have to say I did eventually crash after I installed that door and I felt like a miserable grizzly bear. As amazing as I felt throughout most of that day, I imagine that the affects of this drug would become weaker and weaker everytime someone would take it. I can very very easily see why this drug would enhance football performance - in fact I think this drug would enhance performance in many cases (weight loss, test taking, thinking, physical activity, etc).  Now I'm not a person that does drugs, so maybe it had a stronger affect on me than others, but I'm a big guy and my sister is little - I've got to imagine the dose I took wasn't a lot. 

Please tell me you're making this up.  "dose"? It's  a pill.  The dose doesn't change. lol

And, you can't be on Lipitor if you claim to be in your 30s.  You must be a fat load if so.  

this is another one of your idiotic statements that I will call you out on and you will back pedal on and ignore. Of course there is such thing as dosage when it comes to Adderall. You say many, many, many naive things, but this maybe is the winner. The dosage is in milligrams and prescriptions are usually dispensed by ones weight. Hence, while half of the elementary school population is most likely taking 10milligrams...a full size adult is most likely taking 30 milligrams

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

If the Patriots want to improve the running game, they need to pick up another TE whe excels in run blocking (apart from using Gronk). If Gronk is used for blocking, there is no option to throw to him. The Patriots have to make things a lil harder for opponents to recognize what they're trying to run. IMO, they also need to go with one RB for a majority of the plays; let them do everything - screens, runs, play action, block. This will also make it more difficult for opponents to recognize what kind of play is being called.

true, but he was not available last year. And unluckily, Gronk may or may not be available at the beginning of the year. So, if gronk isn't available - assumming Ballard fills Gronk's role - they're in no better position than before.

Yes, but you said "if they want to run more" they need to pick up "another blocking TE" which means you weren't aware Ballard was here or a good blocker.

No, I said if they want to "improve the running game" not "run more" which is what you totally misquote. If you're going to quote someone, use quotations right. And, genius, you missed the whole point; which was that they need better blocking schemes and personnel so that it becomes more difficult for opponents to tell what kind of play the patriots are running.  This is consistent with my thought that they should go with one main running back and allow him to try to do everything: blocking, running, screens, and play action.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Yes, but you said "if they want to run more" they need to pick up "another blocking TE" which means you weren't aware Ballard was here or a good blocker.

No, I said if they want to "improve the running game" not "run more" which is what you totally misquote. If you're going to quote someone, use quotations right. And, genius, you missed the whole point; which was that they need better blocking schemes and personnel so that it becomes more difficult for opponents to tell what kind of play the patriots are running.  This is consistent with my thought that they should go with one main running back and allow him to try to do everything: blocking, running, screens, and play action.

"if" is the trigger word, counselor.  "If" means you're speaking to the future, but Ballard is ON THE ROSTER and a VERY GOOD BLOCKER.

so, how did it help to have two crappy TE on the roster in addition to Gronk/Hernandez in 2012 with ballard on IR? Did that decision affect the effectiveness of the running game in 2012?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

What? No. A standard Adderall pill is one amount.  There aren't different size pills in different milligrams, you idiot.

My god.

An adult is not taking a smaller dosage like a child would.  It's hilarious to me that your buddy, Mt Puuke claims to have mistakenly taken Adderrall and then accomplished so many tasks all at once.

It reads like fiction and probably is.  Who runs around taking people's medications at random and not even knowing what it is?

You two are as crazy as a craphouse rat.

Of course I know pills can be formed into different weights, some meds can be taken over different periods of time.  Barring Mt Puuke's sister being a dwarf, they aren't changing the milligrams for an adult.  He's in his 40s, so I doubt his sister is a child.  

Oh my.

As usual you are wrong.....I am on30 milligrams, my son has increased from 10 thru 30 as he has grown and put on weight. Most are onAdderall ER meaning extended release, as it will stay in your system for the full day, rather than take morning and afternoon doses. 

physicals are every other month for blood pressure checks and heart rate check. Sleep is hard with out something to take you down. 

Insurance company will allow 30 days only as it is considered a controlled substance....

you should stop arguing and learn somethinbe every now and then

now start your backpedal about what you said or meant to say

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I realize that the NFL doesn't consider Adderall a performance enhancing drug, but it is.

I took one of these things by accident once when my sister stayed with me for a few days, this is what happened...I cleaned the house, talked on the phone and worked out...at the same time. I drove down to my mom's house and had maybe the most meaningful conversation with her that I've ever had - then I went outside and cut down a 80 foot oak tree and also sectioned it up into little neat pieces (I had never used a chainsaw before). I then drove home and thought...I have never felt this good in my entire life and I may never feel this good again. When I got home I measured  my bathroom closet door diameter and took my wife and kids to homedepot, where I purchased saws, screws, a sliding door and managed to fit it all in a Honda Accord. When we all got home I tore out the existing door, put the new slider together and shimed/installed it. It was 11 at night when I finished - I hadn't eaten more than a piece of toast since breakfast and I may of had three glasses of water that entire day.

Now an hour into this adventure I realized I had not taken my lipitor, but something else. And I have to say I did eventually crash after I installed that door and I felt like a miserable grizzly bear. As amazing as I felt throughout most of that day, I imagine that the affects of this drug would become weaker and weaker everytime someone would take it. I can very very easily see why this drug would enhance football performance - in fact I think this drug would enhance performance in many cases (weight loss, test taking, thinking, physical activity, etc).  Now I'm not a person that does drugs, so maybe it had a stronger affect on me than others, but I'm a big guy and my sister is little - I've got to imagine the dose I took wasn't a lot. 

Please tell me you're making this up.  "dose"? It's  a pill.  The dose doesn't change. lol

And, you can't be on Lipitor if you claim to be in your 30s.  You must be a fat load if so.  

What's so confusing? I'm not a dosage expert, but I'm pretty sure there is different dosages of this drug. There is different dosages for just about any drug. What is wrong with you? There is no way in blue hell that you have a 152IQ...none. And I have news for you - there are millions upon millions, on Lipitor...they hand this stuff out like candy. High cholesterol is hereditary in my case, I'm not fat at all...you make me want to cry:(

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

what difference does dose make. if it's banned, don't use it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Once again, Sudafed, Cocain, Adderall are all considered Stimulants.  Stimulants are considered PED's.  I don't get how people don't understand this.  Thes list of banned stimulants are all considered PED's because ...

Enhances athletic performance in the following ways:

1. aggressiveness increase
    2. alertness increase
    3. competitiveness increase
    4. responsiveness increase
    5. tiredness reduction
    6. weight loss

It's amazing, clearly amazing the thick headedness of some people.

The NFL's decision to list them as such does not trump the medical community's opinon. The rest of us can't understand why YOU can't grasp that concept.

I remember bringing up US Olympian swimmer Gary Hall testing positive for marijuana and they called it a "PED" or "banned substance".

It's not a PED and it's actually legal in some countries. It's just EASIER for LEGAL REASONS to put it on a list vs NOT put it on a list.

You seem to struggle in understanding that this is about the law and lawsuits,  negligence, more than anything else.

Please learn from others who know more than you do.

OMG!!!  Once again, It's not just the NFL, it's all Athletic Commissions, It's the World Anti-Doping Agency.  The World Anti-Doping Agency consists of The International Olympic Committee and the US Olympic Committee which are among 625 sports organizations worldwide that have adopted the World Anti-Doping Agency's (WADA) "Code" banning performance enhancing substances and methods.  So you are saying there are those in the "medical community" that don't think these are PED's??? LOL!! I'm sure there are some but there are many, many who do consider them PED's.  Probably more then not.

And btw, yes Cannabis is a PED.

Good article on this...

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2012-08/fyi-why-cannabis-olympic-banned-substances-list

I spoke with WADA about the process of creating and maintaining their list. Here's the basic rule, a version of which appears in their official code:

[F]or a substance to be considered for inclusion on the List of Prohibited Substances and Methods, it needs to meet any two of the following three criteria:

• Be performance enhancing;
    • Potentially a health risk;
    • Against the spirit of sport.

Cannabis is considered to be in violation of all three main disqualifying criteria. It violates the first (performance enhancement) because of its ability to decrease anxiety and fear, and potentially to improve some types of oxygenation and concentration. It violates the second (health risk) because it can result in, among other things, “decreased cognitive performance” and “pulmonary toxicity.” It violates the third (spirit of sport) because of the drug’s widespread illegality and conflicts with the “role model of athletes in modern society,” along with “negative reactions by the public, sponsors, and the media.”

Joe Rogan, UFC commentator who is a well known user of cannabis, and BJJ black belt has this to say about it..

"I think it is a performance-enhancing drug," Rogan said.

"A lot of Brazilian guys use marijuana before they train. A lot of American jiu-jitsu guys use it before they train. And they don’t do it because it hurts them; they do it because it helps them."

Keith Kizer the executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission says pot is a PED.  The NSAC is one of the highest regarded Athletic Commissions in the country, if not the highest regarded commission.

Come on man!!  You are saying your opinion is right and all these people, all these commissions, all these sports organizations are wrong??? Dude, this is exactly why you are a fraud here!  This is exactly why you are on ignore.  I had to jump in when I seen people arguing with you here about this, because I just couldn't stand letting you continue to push your opinion as facts when clearly it's well documented that your opinion is once again wrong on this matter. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Don't try to wiggle out of it now.  You said we need someone other than Gronk.

They already have it!  You can't be using "if" and then pretend you're talking about 2012.

"if we want to" is not "if we'd have had" 

Just admit it.  

no, you were referring to having ballard on the team in 2012.  He obviously didn't help improve the running game on IR, did he?

We may or may not have 3 capable TEs on the field. So, why would you want to pick up another TE that can block?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

What? No. A standard Adderall pill is one amount.  There aren't different size pills in different milligrams, you idiot.

My god.

An adult is not taking a smaller dosage like a child would.  It's hilarious to me that your buddy, Mt Puuke claims to have mistakenly taken Adderrall and then accomplished so many tasks all at once.

It reads like fiction and probably is.  Who runs around taking people's medications at random and not even knowing what it is?

Of course I know pills can be formed into different weights, some meds can be taken over different periods of time.  Barring Mt Puuke's sister being a dwarf, they aren't changing the milligrams for an adult.  He's in his 40s, so I doubt his sister is a child.  

Oh my.

There is no one standard, dummy. I laughed at you so hard when I read this. I hersheyed myself.

Think about it, genius, if you have two pills of the same exact product, one is 10 mg and one is 20 mg; which one is bigger?

The answer, genius, is that it's not Brady's fault.......lol.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

My god.

Oh my.

There is no one standard, dummy. I laughed at you so hard when I read this. I hersheyed myself.

Think about it, genius, if you have two pills of the same exact product, one is 10 mg and one is 20 mg; which one is bigger?

They don't change the amounts for adults. Yes.  Barring his sister being a dwarf or him weighing 350 lbs and her being a peanut, yes, they don't vary milligrams in meds like that.

I readily admit I am not a pharmacist, but they don't change the milligrams of a standard med based on weight unless there is a big difference. There are also short or long term versions of a pill like that which would be relative to how many times a day you would need to take it.

You should be "hersehying" yourself with the idea that RKrap tries to sound smart and fails. Repeatedly.

Mt Hurl does not have a kid sister in elementary school on Adderall.  lol

It's amazing what you trolls try to put forth here on this board to regain footing from prior bludgeonings.

And there is the back pedal, right on cue....what a surprise.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

My god.

Oh my.

They don't change the amounts for adults. Yes.  Barring his sister being a dwarf or him weighing 350 lbs and her being a peanut, yes, they don't vary milligrams in meds like that.

I readily admit I am not a pharmacist, but they don't change the milligrams of a standard med based on weight unless there is a big difference. There are also short or long term versions of a pill like that which would be relative to how many times a day you would need to take it.

You should be "hersehying" yourself with the idea that RKrap tries to sound smart and fails. Repeatedly.

Mt Hurl does not have a kid sister in elementary school on Adderall.  lol

It's amazing what you trolls try to put forth here on this board to regain footing from prior bludgeonings.

since you are clearly not a pharmacist, genius, why are you making shyt up?

EPIC FAIL.

Physcians prescribe varying dosages based on a variety of factors; including but not exclusive of, weight and effectiveness.

In addition, this is  clearly an example of YOU backpedaling - and YOU failing to learn from those who are smarter than you.

Grow up, dude. Really, it's not only Brady's fault.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Not that I really care, but I don't see how anyone could think drugs like weed or cocaine are PEDs even if they are classified as such by whatever governing body takes care of those things.  I mean don't get me wrong I understand that both have potential effects that could be beneficial, but I feel like for most people that would be offset by other side effects.  Take weed for example.  If I were to light up a joint right now the last thing I would want to do is go play sports.  I'd probably rather order a pizza and watch the iTunes visualiser.  So yeah it might increase my oxygen capacity and make things hurt less, but I have to think it would decrease athletic performance in other ways.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Again it doesn't matter if the drug is performance enhancing or not.  There's a list of "prohibited substances" (see link below).  You can't take a prohibited substance period.  Whether or not it actually enhances performance doesn't matter. The rules are the rules.  The list is published.  If you're a player it behooves you to know the rules and follow them.  Full stop. 

http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/files/Banned%20Substance%20List.pdf

Agreed. But, that doesn't mean Sudafed or Cocaine are defined PEDs by the medical community. There is no definitive assessment either way that those kinds of stimulants are PEDs.  

This is what TFB12 and his ilk don't get.  There are different categories under the banned list.

Hence, Adderall is not a PED. It should be on the list of amphetamines.   When an NFL player tests positive for crack, crank, coke, meth, etc, they are announed as being suspended under the league's "substance abuse policy".  Adderrall should also be in that category.

Anabolic steroids (and HGH when they finally get that on the PED list) should be the only drugs under the PED section.

Please Rusty.  You must have taken too much Adderall today, because you're way too hyped up about this  . . .  and you're also just arguing yourself deeper and deeper into a hole. You're wrong.  Just get over it . . . 

Performance-enhancing drug isn't a medical term.  Drs use the term "ergogenic."  But that aside, the ergogenic effects of amphetimines (of which Adderall is one) are well recognized in medical research. Here's an abstract from just one article you can find on the NIH website . . .

The amphetamine margin in sports. Laties VGWeiss B. Abstract

The amphetamines can enhance athletic performance. That much seems clear from the literature, some of which is reviewed here. Increases in endurance have been demonstrated in both humans and rats. Smith and Beecher, 20 years ago, showed improvement of running, swimming, and weight throwing in highly trained athletes. Laboratory analogs of such performances have also been used and similar enhancement demonstrated. The amount of change induced by the amphetamines is usually small, of the order of a few percent. Nevertheless, since a fraction of a percent improvement can make the difference between fame and oblivion, the margin conferred by these drugs can be quite important.

Please, dude.  Give it up.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.