Tedy Bruschi: What is most important to him now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Re: Tedy Bruschi: What is most important to him now?

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi: What is most important to him now?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi: What is most important to him now? : wow you can see that his eyes turn black through the tv??? hmmmmnnn interesting.... arent they already black??
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

Y ou mean you've never seen a man or woman's eyes darken or lighten depending on their mood??  Tedi's entire demeanor turns dark when he is annoyed, we've seen it plenty of times during games.

BTW I have a color tv.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

O.K. dogggg, I looked it up.  You are right about Baltimore threatening them with eminent domain.  I will no longer say they "sneaked out of town".  They still are the Prancing Sparkly Ponies and you still stink.  And about beating us for "quite some time" no, I think not.  "a few games"  is more like it.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Troy - I can't make you like me, or at least I won't kowtow to get you to do so, but I do appreciate you learning this. 

That said, Bob Irsay was still an a*s, and I am willing to admit that.  I am just thankful that Baltimore was stupid enough to threaten the guy with such a thing. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Troy - I can't make you like me, or at least I won't kowtow to get you to do so, but I do appreciate you learning this.  That said, Bob Irsay was still an a*s, and I am willing to admit that.  I am just thankful that Baltimore was stupid enough to threaten the guy with such a thing. 
    Posted by underdoggggg[/QUOTE]

Baltimore had it coming. I'll never Blame a team for moving. They are doing it in the best interest of the business. They have no obligation to a community or State that can't support them financially the way another city might be able to. Kraft toyed around with this idea for a year threatening and even making a gentlemen's agreement to move to Hartford. The Mass state congress then came across with a little bread for infrastructure and he stayed in town. Kraft was most likely bluffing but if he moved I'd still be a Pats fan and wouldn't have blamed him. Connecticut was going to pay big to get a stadium built and the State Congress in Mass pretty much flipped him the bird at first.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi: What is most important to him now? : Baltimore had it coming. I'll never Blame a team for moving. They are doing it in the best interest of the business. They have no obligation to a community or State that can't support them financially the way another city might be able to. Kraft toyed around with this idea for a year threatening and even making a gentlemen's agreement to move to Hartford. The Mass state congress then came across with a little bread for infrastructure and he stayed in town. Kraft was most likely bluffing but if he moved I'd still be a Pats fan and wouldn't have blamed him. Connecticut was going to pay big to get a stadium built and the State Congress in Mass pretty much flipped him the bird at first.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

Yeah, at the point where he was threatening it, he had already bought the adjoining property TEN YEARS PRIOR with the idea of securing the stadium.  Long range plan for him was to own the whole thing to insure cash flow for the team.  And it looks like he was right.  I know he does indeed own the stadium.  One problem I have with the whole "small market team" idea constantly put out by the Colts and Bills (and several other teams, to be sure) is that it ignores this type of strategy altogether.  Too late now, at least for the Colts, but this is why the Patriots and Cowboys will have the cash going forward.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi: What is most important to him now? : Yeah, at the point where he was threatening it, he had already bought the adjoining property TEN YEARS PRIOR with the idea of securing the stadium.  Long range plan for him was to own the whole thing to insure cash flow for the team.  And it looks like he was right.  I know he does indeed own the stadium.  One problem I have with the whole "small market team" idea constantly put out by the Colts and Bills (and several other teams, to be sure) is that it ignores this type of strategy altogether.  Too late now, at least for the Colts, but this is why the Patriots and Cowboys will have the cash going forward.
    Posted by TroyBrown80[/QUOTE]

OH Ya- He's making more money with the Boston crowd than he would in Hartford. He really stuck it to that group in Hartford though. Those guys bought in Hook, line and sinker and he left them holding the bag and looking like idiots. I remember when they were talking about suing him. If they moved to Hartford they might have possibly been one of the Have nots in the NFL instead of one of the most profitable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Oh, and on a side note.  Rodney didn't use steroids.  He used Human growth hormone.  There's a difference.  Human growth hormone is naturally produced in the pituitary gland.  It is produced in abundance up until age 30, when production slows down.  It promotes muscle fiber growth, among other things, but is not particularly useful for body building.  Also not known to produce rage, acne, etc, but may cause enlarged heart

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'm Back.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

No big deal.  Players don't like to think that they are replaceable.  Bruschi isn't against the Pats but he will always support hardworking players getting the contracts they want.  He doesnt' know what it's like to put together a roster with a budget. 

For all we know him and Mankins go fishing together.  He's loyal to his old teammates. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Tedy Bruschi: What is most important to him now?:
    [QUOTE]This just seems pretty harsh and blunt to me... I love Bruschi and always will but what do you guys think is his most important priority now at this point in his life?  Becoming a broadcasting star by dropping powerful statements about the team(knowing his word carries a lot of weight)?  Or being completely loyal to his team? Or both? Thoughts please... http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5472214 I am mostly refering to the way he said his final statement in this video. To be clear.. I am cool with it but It is just something that definitley caught my eye.
    Posted by benBlev[/QUOTE]

don't have a problem with his comments or new job. He is no longer a Patriot player, he is a sports broadcaster. Here's a different way to look at this specific video: what wasn't true?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Tedy Bruschi: What is most important to him now? : don't have a problem with his comments or new job. He is no longer a Patriot player, he is a sports broadcaster. Here's a different way to look at this specific video: what wasn't true?
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]
    What wasn't true was the comment about paying Mankins. They did offer to pay him and quite handsomely at that. It just wasn't as much as he wanted. I hope they make him come back after the six game hold out or whatever it is and then franchise him next year. Maybe that will be a lesson for these prima donnas that when you sign a contract you are suppose to abide by the contract plain and simple and if people like Breer and company would stop adding fuel to the fire maybe cooler heads would have prevailed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi: What is most important to him now? : ronk1   didnt they offer him a large junk of change???  and burgess is on a one year deal that is like 1.5 mil.... nothing near the 6.5/7mil logan was offered...springs doesnt work here anymore
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]
    No one knows what they offered him. It is reported as 5/35, but that means nothing. What if the contract was structured as follows:
    Bonus 3M
    YR1-3m
    YR2-3m
    YR3-3m 
    YR4-10m
    YR5-13m
    With no guarantee of being on the team YR4/5 Mankins w/b foolish to sign.
    I understand Springs is not on the team this year. But he was last year, and the Pats threw him 4M. He never got onto the field. They also signed Burgess for 1.5m and he played terribly last year.
    What is a guy like Mankins supposed to do? He supposedly was "promised" he would be taken care of, he waits his turn while money is spent on much lesser players, he is the best player on the OL protecting the franchises #1 asset. Agree with Bruschi, he should get his money.
    I keep hearing that Tackles make the money, not guards. Well after this year, tell me what starting LT S Vollmer is making? And what is starting RT N Kaczur making?
    With this years defense, the offense MUST put up 25-30 points every game. OL is down 2 starting players at the moment. Plus, the weak link on the line, Koppen is still starting. Not a formula for success

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

He is saying what he believes in this case.  The Pats don't pay his salary now.  They should pay Mankins.  He is great at his position.  They have the money.  Being cheap may be what has contributed to losingthe last 6 years.  No super bowl in a long time. Not wanting to pay rookies so passing on them may be why they have no depth.  They haven't exactly had the most success with recent drafts in terms of the numbers who have stuck with the team.  Is it quality or quantity? To the Pats it is quantity and lately that has not worked out.  Hopefully this year it will, but they should pay Mankins as they promised. I still think they are hurting from losing Seymour in their attempt to save money.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Mankins is not a prima donna.  He did what they asked and he earned a big paycheck.  If he can get more than what they offered, good for him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi: What is most important to him now? : Y ou mean you've never seen a man or woman's eyes darken or lighten depending on their mood??  Tedi's entire demeanor turns dark when he is annoyed, we've seen it plenty of times during games. BTW I have a color tv.
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

just pullin your chain... i have a 52 inch high def too...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi: What is most important to him now? : No one knows what they offered him. It is reported as 5/35, but that means nothing. What if the contract was structured as follows: Bonus 3M YR1-3m YR2-3m YR3-3m  YR4-10m YR5-13m With no guarantee of being on the team YR4/5 Mankins w/b foolish to sign. I understand Springs is not on the team this year. But he was last year, and the Pats threw him 4M. He never got onto the field. They also signed Burgess for 1.5m and he played terribly last year. What is a guy like Mankins supposed to do? He supposedly was "promised" he would be taken care of, he waits his turn while money is spent on much lesser players, he is the best player on the OL protecting the franchises #1 asset. Agree with Bruschi, he should get his money. I keep hearing that Tackles make the money, not guards. Well after this year, tell me what starting LT S Vollmer is making? And what is starting RT N Kaczur making? With this years defense, the offense MUST put up 25-30 points every game. OL is down 2 starting players at the moment. Plus, the weak link on the line, Koppen is still starting. Not a formula for success
    Posted by ronk1[/QUOTE]

It is kind of foolish to respond to you at this point sense you have already been exposed for what you truly are but here goes.

Nobody knows what was offered to Mankins but judging solely on how the Patriots re-signed most of their FA's then you can safely assume they would not make a ridiculous offer like you have conjured up. Neither party would benefit from the waste of time and the Pats would simply not offer anything as they have done multiple timesw in the past.

Springs started 8 games and played in 12.  Burgess started in only 6 games last year while he learned a new system and pretty much new position. You saying he played terrible shows us your hidden agenda. Mole.

Volmer is in the 2nd year of his rookie contract, show us any player who got his contract reworked in his 2nd year.

Kazsur signed a 12 million $ extension and has a 3.5 million $ option bonus, pretty good for a back up/situational starter. Mole

Yawnnn...Finally to say the offense must score 25-30 points a game really puts you in the category of an Underdogged or other trolls with zero credibility. The defense allowed 17.8 pts/game which was 5th last year. That was in year 1 of the rebuilding project. We are now in year 2 with another good looking draft and 2nd year of cohesiveness. You should go home dude. It is clear you are bitter and probably a Philadelphia Eagles fan who is still trying to figure out what Mcnabb/Andy Reid were doing on that final drive in the Super Bowl.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]Tas - I even said so myself in another thread.  When the pats were doing it to the colts - That was then.  What's going on today - This is now.  I prefer the here and now. 
    Posted by underdoggggg[/QUOTE]

What's the here and now? Don't be a Leon and claim the title before the season starts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi: What is most important to him now? : What wasn't true was the comment about paying Mankins. They did offer to pay him and quite handsomely at that. It just wasn't as much as he wanted. I hope they make him come back after the six game hold out or whatever it is and then franchise him next year. Maybe that will be a lesson for these prima donnas that when you sign a contract you are suppose to abide by the contract plain and simple and if people like Breer and company would stop adding fuel to the fire maybe cooler heads would have prevailed.
    Posted by fourjays30[/QUOTE]

Well, that is Bruschi's opinion. And your opinion is that they shouldn't pay Mankins.  I believe that there are arguments that can support either position, so what? What about Bruschi's opinion on our depth on the line, or injuries to guys like Neal? Accurate assessment or not?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]I guess he forgot the motto that Bill instilled in the team: Next man up. If Brace and G. Warren play at DE this season, we'll actually have a beefier defensive line than last year. As for the Mankins situation, we have Connelly who did great verse the physical Saints. We'll be fine Tedy, get a grip bud.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

Nobody would have more inside information about what REALLY went on with Mankins' negotiations than Bruschi.  I think his statement was justified at least from the perspective of a guy who actually knew Belichick and Mankins personally, and who is probably good friends with them still.

Plus he's right - Mankins would answer the injury questions at left guard and provide more insurance for the equally-physical-but-injury-prone Stephen Neal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi: What is most important to him now? : Well, that is Bruschi's opinion. And your opinion is that they shouldn't pay Mankins.  I believe that there are arguments that can support either position, so what? What about Bruschi's opinion on our depth on the line, or injuries to guys like Neal? Accurate assessment or not?
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]
    Well they did agree to pay him and to pay him not a nickel more than what they thought he was worth, and I am not saying they shoudn't pay him. His situation is no different than any of the Patriots players before him. Could the Patriots have afforded to give Adam V. another mil or two when his contract was up and they promised not to franchise him again. Absolutely, but with BB that is not going to happen. He sets a value for each position based on the position, age of the player and what he feals he can replace them with. And the dude does not deviate from it. He ain't about to change the way he does things either, so if Mankins thinks they are going to cave he is nuts and him doing what he is doing is only hurting himself. Coach will put the water boy out there before he does that. Mankins forgot what the PATS stands for. Perseverance, Attitude and Team. There is no I or me in there at all.