Tells and Refs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Tells and Refs

I wonder if the Patriots' play calling is too predictable.  Too many fourth down plays aren't going anywhere.  Also, everyone is cutting through the prevent defense.

Is it Dean Pees making a boring defense?  Is someone stealing signals?

Is the whole play tree too predictable?  This was a short week so the Pats probably prepared nothing new.

---

Something else really bothered me today.  60 minutes had an NBA referee who had a friend bet on games.  His friend won 70% to 80% of the time, and raked in about $100 grand altogether.  This particular betting ref used all of his inside ref prejudice dirt to make and win NBA bets.

Then after 3 years of betting his friend told some mobster that his tips were coming through an NBA ref. The mob then picked up the wayward ref in a car and made the guy an offer he didn't refuse.  The mob then made millions off of the ref's tips in the fourth year, and then the feds investigating this same crime family took down the ref as part of a bigger sting.  Otherwise the ref and his friend would still be betting today. 

Refs across the NBA had special relationships with players, with teams, with owners.  For example, the entire referees' union went straight after Latrell Sprewell, calling absolutely anything against him, calling nothing when he was fouled, ruining his game.  The NBA ordered the refs to manufacture makeup calls for Kobe Bryant after the Lakers proved 22 bad ref calls against the guy.  Finally, the NBA deliberately stretched many playoff series out towards seven games, because the extra games and drama boosted the league's ratings and income.  A sport?  Phooey!  Big time wrestling is more like it. 

Now are you sick of NFL ref calls?  Are any patterns evident, such as a solid Indianapolis bias? 

Is the league paying the Pats back because they're sick of the Patriots always winning and the lack of parity is bad for the NFL? 

I remember an Indy home game years ago where at the end of the game Brady directly taunted the refs, got in their faces like they had cheated their best and lost to the Patriots' sheer talent.  Pats 1, refs 0.

The Chicago Black Sox scandal broke because reporters were counting the deliberate Chicago errors in the field.  Who dares to count the gross NFL zebra errors and spot patterns in these slants?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Tells and Refs

I'm starting a site/blog to chronicle the Colts bias: peytoninterference.com. Stay tuned, brother!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I couldn't help but draw parallels to the Lakers and the Colts.  Lakers sent a tape in of Kobe not getting calls, then he knew Kobe would get every call.  Didn't the Colts do this in 2003 or 2004 for holding and PI?  All of a sudden they get every call. 

The refs are human, they have bias and it can affect thier judgement.  I'm sure they try not to let it interfere but it's human nature. 

This is why there needs to be more automation.  Sideline cameras and reviews, why wouldn't the NFL want this?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtFan69. Show ColtFan69's posts

Yet the Patriocheaters actually had a coach who was caught CHEATING.  You guys are amzaing.  Scoreboard losers!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

In Response to Tells and Refs:
    [QUOTE]I wonder if the Patriots' play calling is too predictable.  Too many fourth down plays aren't going anywhere.  Also, everyone is cutting through the prevent defense. Is it Dean Pees making a boring defense?  Is someone stealing signals? Is the whole play tree too predictable?  This was a short week so the Pats probably prepared nothing new. --- Something else really bothered me today.  60 minutes had an NBA referee who had a friend bet on games.  His friend won 70% to 80% of the time, and raked in about $100 grand altogether.  This particular betting ref used all of his inside ref prejudice dirt to make and win NBA bets. Then after 3 years of betting his friend told some mobster that his tips were coming through an NBA ref. The mob then picked up the wayward ref in a car and made the guy an offer he didn't refuse.  The mob then made millions off of the ref's tips in the fourth year, and then the feds investigating this same crime family took down the ref as part of a bigger sting.  Otherwise the ref and his friend would still be betting today.  Refs across the NBA had special relationships with players, with teams, with owners.  For example, the entire referees' union went straight after Latrell Sprewell, calling absolutely anything against him, calling nothing when he was fouled, ruining his game.  The NBA ordered the refs to manufacture makeup calls for Kobe Bryant after the Lakers proved 22 bad ref calls against the guy.  Finally, the NBA deliberately stretched many playoff series out towards seven games, because the extra games and drama boosted the league's ratings and income.  A sport?  Phooey!  Big time wrestling is more like it.  Now are you sick of NFL ref calls?  Are any patterns evident, such as a solid Indianapolis bias?  Is the league paying the Pats back because they're sick of the Patriots always winning and the lack of parity is bad for the NFL?  I remember an Indy home game years ago where at the end of the game Brady directly taunted the refs, got in their faces like they had cheated their best and lost to the Patriots' sheer talent.  Pats 1, refs 0. The Chicago Black Sox scandal broke because reporters were counting the deliberate Chicago errors in the field.  Who dares to count the gross NFL zebra errors and spot patterns in these slants?
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Paul, I'd like to see some statistical analysis on this before I buy into an Indianapolis bias..... But you can only count the penalties from the first 3 qtrs.  4th qtr penalties don't count because the game's over after 3. 4th qtr's just for practice......  See if you can do this for me because I'd love to be as paranoid as a Pats fan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Tells and Refs:
    [QUOTE]I couldn't help but draw parallels to the Lakers and the Colts.  Lakers sent a tape in of Kobe not getting calls, then he knew Kobe would get every call.  Didn't the Colts do this in 2003 or 2004 for holding and PI?  All of a sudden they get every call.  The refs are human, they have bias and it can affect thier judgement.  I'm sure they try not to let it interfere but it's human nature.  This is why there needs to be more automation.  Sideline cameras and reviews, why wouldn't the NFL want this?
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

And so does every other team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxbo. Show soxbo's posts

Boston fans are the biggest cry babies in human history . .   face it . .  The Patriots ain't the same team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

There are now 3 active (and many no longer active) threads whining about Colts bias....I don't know which are more pathetic. These whiny "the world hates us and loves them" threads or the "fire BB" ones after deifying him for years and now that he's going through a rough period, throw him under the bus

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Tells and Refs:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tells and Refs : And so does every other team.
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]
    Are you sure, I have never heard of another team doing it, do you have a source.  I Could only find the Colts on google.  I think it was a 2004 or 2005 playoff game when the announcers talked about the Colts had gone to the league to get them to look a pass interference and holding calls that they thought were not being called.  I'm pretty sure that's where everybody heard about it.