Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama; Taylor Mays, S, USC & Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KYGABE. Show KYGABE's posts

Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama; Taylor Mays, S, USC & Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida

That's the 3 players that the PATS should go after in next year's draft. I know is early to think about next year's draft but I really think they fit the PATS d-fence.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama; Taylor Mays, S, USC & Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida

If Spikes had come out this year I'm almost positive that BB would have taken him.Same with Mays.I don't know if he would have gone after Cody but he definately played for his buddy Saban.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama; Taylor Mays, S, USC & Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida

I like the talent but not the fit. If it were this season those guys would have been 2-1-3 on my list. But, in the last three seasons NE has already drafted two safeties, one ILB and one monster NT in the first two rounds, and more if you dig down.

I am not sure that they would go those directions again. Although I will watch all of those players for sure.

My list of players would start with guys like Sergio Kindle, George Selvie, Mark Herzlich, Jermain Gresham, Brandon LaFell, Brandon Lang, Mike Johnson and Jordan Shipley. To fill out interior lineman, TE,WR, OLB.

Especially Kindle, who is a stand up linebacker at 6'4" 250+, and had a breakout junior year. He is a special guy to look at because the VASt majority of double digit sack guys with his triangle numbers are DE's with no experience standing. And he is very good in space and rushing. So I will watch him extra hard.

With my thumb in the air I feel the third consecutive strong WR draft. A draft with some good DE's and good LB's. We shall see. One year away.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Hiya ZB, I like all the players you listed but I would put Spikes and Dez Bryant on that list. I believe Selvie will be gone, unless the Pats trade up to get him. I might put Spiller on that list too (Taylor, Morris and Maroney could be gone). The Pats 2010 draft will be interesting to watch too. Anyone seen the early 2010 mock draft ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I wanted Mays to come out this year, but he is no longer a need.  Meriweather and Chung will be the safeties for a long time.

Selvie is a very interesting prospect, seems to fit BB's preferred 3-4 OLB characteristics: tall, long arms, strong, quick.

Spikes is also a great prospect but my hope is that Mckenzie locks himself into that spot with his play this year.

The spots I see being the biggest possible areas of need on defense next year are defensive end (if Seymour signs elsewhere) and cornerback (if Bodden signs elsewhere and Wheatley doesn't develop).  I see Butler as almost a lock for one spot.  

Outside linebacker could be as well, although I hope Crable takes control of that spot.  Even if he does, we could be looking at Adalius Thomas as a cap casualty next offseason, so it could be a need.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KYGABE. Show KYGABE's posts

JohnHanna.... I saw a 2010 mock draft and they the PATS picking a RB from Clemson his name scapes my head right now. I think if we don't keep VW the PATS would go after Cody since he is being coach by Saban, and BB and Saban are freinds, it makes sense.