Thank God Branch got hurt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Thank God Branch got hurt

Edelman's coming out party was a direct result of BB cutting the useless Branch.  Now we have a legit 3rd receiver with confidence moving forward.  This will be crucial now that we will be without GRONK for 4 games.  A new weapon at Brady's disposal.  BB is a genius.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Thank God Branch got hurt

I've always been a big Branch fan, but tcal2 is right.  Edelman is ready to be a bigger contributer for NE's offense, and Branch's presence was holding him back.  Edelman is clearly a dynamic player in space and can be a real weapon given the chance, while Branch has lost a step and can't separate much anymore.  I think that Edelman will continue getting significant reps as our #3 WR that and that he will become a key part of the offense sooner rather than later, especially with the news of Gronk's injury. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Great game, yes... happy for the guy.

He + running game + TE Backups can help the team now that Gronk is out for the regular season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Yeah I agree , at this point Edelman produces more. He's always been a talent but hasn't had much playing time. Remember when they were blown out by the Ravens in the playoff game without Welker in 2009.... Edelman was their best player that day. He will be needed to make plays with Gronk out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I see no relation of Edelmans role and Branches role. The player BB thought would contribute more got the snaps

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

More like thank God Edelman finally did something.  BB has been keeping him around waiting for him to pay off and it looks like it did for at least one game.  Hope it continues to these next 4-6 weeks while the Gronk is out, need as many contributors as they can get.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Here's hoping Edelman has a HOF type game v the Jets

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Edelman's coming out party was a direct result of BB cutting the useless Branch.  Now we have a legit 3rd receiver with confidence moving forward.  This will be crucial now that we will be without GRONK for 4 games.  A new weapon at Brady's disposal.  BB is a genius.

[/QUOTE]

Whatever, dude.

This from the same guy who complains practically non-stop that Edelman suxxx--especially earlier this year when Branch wasn't even on the team, and Edelman was taking most of Welker's snaps.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whatever, dude.

This from the same guy who complains practically non-stop that Edelman suxxx--especially earlier this year when Branch wasn't even on the team, and Edelman was taking most of Welker's snaps.

[/QUOTE]

He has been sucking for his entire career up till Sunday.  Now that he stopped sucking and hopefully continues to not suck then he will be one of my favorite players.

Not everyone is Rusty, who hates on Brady simply to be a troll.  I hate players that suck when their sucking and love them when they stop sucking because players who don't suck help my team to win and I love when the Patriots win.  If your not helping my team win, you suck.

How about that Mayo?  He really sucks.  The only thing he contributed to yesterday game was a personal foul. 

And Arrington forgetaboutit, he sucks so much he's suckolisous.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whatever, dude.

[/QUOTE]

He has been sucking for his entire career up till Sunday.  Now that he stopped sucking and hopefully continues to not suck then he will be one of my favorite players.

Not everyone is Rusty, who hates on Brady simply to be a troll.  I hate players that suck when their sucking and love them when they stop sucking because players who don't suck help my team to win and I love when the Patriots win.  If your not helping my team win, you suck.

How about that Mayo?  He really sucks.  The only thing he contributed to yesterday game was a personal foul. 

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, but to attribute Edelman having a "breakout" game to Branch's being injured is just nuts. Edelman has had plenty of opportunities before. No need to rag on Branch, just 'cause father time caught up with him.

Besides, who knows if this was a "breakout" game, or just one of those "blind squirrel finds an acorn" games a player has every blue moon?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"Besides, who knows if this was a "breakout" game, or just one of those "blind squirrel finds an acorn" games a player has every blue moon?"

My fingers are crossed that he finally figured it out because we need a #3 that can produce.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Edelman looked good and I'm not talking about the return or reverse (we already knew he could do that stuff), what I'm talking about is making real NFL catches. I have very very rarely seen this guy make a grab beyond ten yards - last night it looked like he made a couple. This would be absolutely huge for him and the team if he could consistently do this. The thing I really worry about is that it won't be consistent and that he'll just end up getting hurt anyway. Some real encouraging signs though. I thought Lloyd looked real good on those catches over the middle too...slants and in cuts...took some hits and held onto the ball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Edelman looked good and I'm not talking about the return or reverse (we already knew he could do that stuff), what I'm talking about is making real NFL catches. I have very very rarely seen this guy make a grab beyond ten yards - last night it looked like he made a couple. This would be absolutely huge for him and the team if he could consistently do this. The thing I really worry about is that it won't be consistent and that he'll just end up getting hurt anyway. Some real encouraging signs though. I thought Lloyd looked real good on those catches over the middle too...slants and in cuts...took some hits and held onto the ball.

[/QUOTE]

In some ways I you had to wonder if his poor play was inconsistent with how he really plays.  BB obviously saw something in training camp that made him think he would be better with him on the field than Welker.  I don't buy the whole idea he was trying to teach Welker a lesson or whatever.  BB would cut his grandmother and play Hitler if he felt it would help the team win. 

Maybe it was just nerves or lack of opportunities but he had to have been doing something to make the team and play. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Edelman Blossoming big time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I never root for injury. Hopefully Branch comes back!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I never rooted for an injury just posted on the results of the injury but looks like Edelman will miss some time now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Another big game for Edelman tonight prior to the injury. He had a nice punt return too, pulling the Pats from deep in their territory to decent field position. Hopefully he is able to play by the Niner and Texan games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Now Edelman got rocked. Wonder how long he'll be out. Think BB will bring Branch back?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Now Edelman got rocked. Wonder how long he'll be out. Think BB will bring Branch back?

[/QUOTE]

Edelman all over twitter today and has his witts about him, so that's good.

The one time I got concussed, I couldn't remember much for days and it actually took more than a month to be normal again.   He sounds fine. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The one time I got concussed, I couldn't remember much for days and it actually took more than a month to be normal again.   He sounds fine. 

[/QUOTE]

Plus he has the additional days off to recover. I think he plays next week, but Pats still pretty short at WR with Welk, Edelman and Lloyd. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Just figured out what the " t " in tcal stands for ...

Hint : It rhymes with mule.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Cool.  Thanks man.  Still mad at the out of the closet joke?  Get over it and move on, it was a joke.  People are way to sensitive on this board.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's good news. With the extra days off, he should be ready to go against the Fins.