Thank God we didn't draft this punk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Thank God we didn't draft this punk

In Response to Re: Thank God we didn't draft this punk:
    In Response to Re: Thank God we didn't draft this punk : From Wikipedia: Professional career A fourth-round pick of the New York Giants (#105 overall) in the 2000 NFL Draft played 5 seasons for the New York Giants and two for the Carolina Panthers. In his rookie year saw action in 11 regular season games and was inactive for five games because of an ankle injury. Appeared in all three of the Giants postseason contest, including Super Bowl XXXV . Short's biggest claim-to-fame may be his infamous 2002 training camp cafeteria fistfight with teammate Jeremy Shockey . The two players brawled after Shockey, a rookie , refused to sing his college fight song —a training camp hazing ritual. [1] [2]
    Posted by donspartucus

I'll take an eye witness sports illustrated story over wiki pedia which anyone can go in and edit. I'm glad it backs up your version though. Not to mention I remember ESPN doing a story on this when it happened and saying exactly the same thing SI said. That's why I looked it up when I read your post. The reason the fight started is because after Shockey sang the song he made his comment .I.E. The fight doesn't happen if Shockey doesn't sing the song.
    If you don't like the hazing stuff that's your right. The wikipedia version of Shockey's fight  is an urban myth at this point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donspartucus. Show donspartucus's posts

In Response to Re: Thank God we didn't draft this punk : I'll take an eye witness sports illustrated story over wiki pedia which anyone can go in and edit. I'm glad it backs up your version though. Not to mention I remember ESPN doing a story on this when it happened and saying exactly the same thing SI said. That's why I looked it up when I read your post. The reason the fight started is because after Shockey sang the song he made his comment .I.E. The fight doesn't happen if Shockey doesn't sing the song. If you don't like the hazing stuff that's your right. The wikipedia version of Shockey's fight  is an urban myth at this point.
    Posted by ewhite1065

Here's more read paragragh's 4 & 5 Shockey punched him (Short) in the face and pushed him onto a table effectively levelling him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/08/01/sports/pro-football-fire-burns-in-a-giant-finally-playing-full-time.html

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Thank God we didn't draft this punk : Here's more read paragragh's 4 & 5 Shockey punched him (Short) in the face and pushed him onto a table effectively levelling him. http://www.nytimes.com/2002/08/01/sports/pro-football-fire-burns-in-a-giant-finally-playing-full-time.html
    Posted by donspartucus

Whatever Dude.. I could look up a couple more stories too.

Enjoy your day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

This is about Jerry Jones.  Or, rather, Jerry being such a control freak and camera wh0re he had to hire Wade "cream cheese" Phillips, the most gutless coach in football, to coach.  Anyone else would have busted the kid RIGHT AWAY