Thank God we didn't draft this punk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Thank God we didn't draft this punk

A lot of people thought the Pats needed to draft a WR. And a lot of people,for some reason, thought they would go after Dez Bryant. When it came out that the guy was about as bright as a bag of rocks, I knew there was no way Bill would target him.

Apparently, stupidity isn't Dez's only issue. Turns out he's a grade A punk. He is in the news for refusing to do what all rookies do: take part in "hazing." He refused to carry a verteran's pads http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/25/dez-bryant-wont-carry-roy-williams-pads/

He will accomplish two things with this little stunt: All the veterans will hate him and be rooting for him to fail. He has become an outcast immmediately. Secondly, they will screw him twice as hard. They are going to get him. The whole idea is to show the rookies a little humility. Like Williams said, they are going to take it up a notch. 

And I can guarantee you if he doesn't learn his place, at some point in a preseason game, one of the vets will "miss" a block that gets Dez lit like a Christmas tree. Hopefully he isn't injured. But you can't say he didn't have it coming. He can play along now, or he can play along later. It's just a question of how hard he wants to make things for himself.

And anybody that wants to defend Bryant for "sticking up for himself" has never played football and just doesn't have a clue as to how teams work. This guy is a joke. I am so happy the Pats didn't waste a pick on this arrogant antisocial loser.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Thank God we didn't draft this punk

I hear you, I was just talking about this over on another thread.

Just kidding

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

This thread is way better that the other one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

Uh oh, he didn't carry anyone's pads. Thank God we didn't draft that punk...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from swheeler23. Show swheeler23's posts

I think he will be rookie of the year. We will be wondering why the Patriots did not draft him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

I agree STP I like his attitude and BTW he was the first to report to camp. That rookie hazing is bullsh** Still wish we had drafted him. Patriots need a "mr nasty" now that Rodney's gone. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

I actually applaud Dez for doing this. Roy Williams doesnt deserve to have anyone carry his pads

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Wow - some interesting posts in this thread.  My 2 cents: 

A rookie is a rookie and a vet is a vet.  Dez Bryant may very well be standing up for himself but he is also placing himself in a position where he will be perceived as arrogant and 'above it all.'  That's not how I would want to be perceived as a football player, particularly a rookie professional football player.

Hazing rookies in training camp is an NFL tradition and so long as it does not go to extremes is not at all a bad thing.

So he was told to carry a veteran's pads? I mean seriously? Hardly a major deal.

As I said, my 2 cents.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donspartucus. Show donspartucus's posts

In Response to Thank God we didn't draft this punk:
    A lot of people thought the Pats needed to draft a WR. And a lot of people,for some reason, thought they would go after Dez Bryant. When it came out that the guy was about as bright as a bag of rocks, I knew there was no way Bill would target him. Apparently, stupidity isn't Dez's only issue. Turns out he's a grade A punk. He is in the news for refusing to do what all rookies do: take part in "hazing." He refused to carry a verteran's pads  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/25/dez-bryant-wont-carry-roy-williams-pads/ He will accomplish two things with this little stunt: All the veterans will hate him and be rooting for him to fail. He has become an outcast immmediately. Secondly, they will screw him twice as hard. They are going to get him. The whole idea is to show the rookies a little humility. Like Williams said, they are going to take it up a notch.  And I can guarantee you if he doesn't learn his place, at some point in a preseason game, one of the vets will "miss" a block that gets Dez lit like a Christmas tree. Hopefully he isn't injured. But you can't say he didn't have it coming. He can play along now, or he can play along later. It's just a question of how hard he wants to make things for himself. And anybody that wants to defend Bryant for "sticking up for himself" has never played football and just doesn't have a clue as to how teams work. This guy is a joke. I am so happy the Pats didn't waste a pick on this arrogant antisocial loser.
    Posted by dafoe

Good for him it's about time someone stepped up and put an end to this BS! Hazing isn't allowed anywhere else why should it be allowed in the NFL? Seems a few years ago someone tryed to punk out Giant rookie Jeremy Shockey and got his face punched in and his lights punched out for it.Good for him as well. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

It all boils down to this:

Having a freakin' sense of humor! Dez doesn't get it. You can bethca' that Jerry Rice, Tom Brady, Johnny U....add any HOF'er here.....did indeed go through the "hazing".

Dez could have handled this with a sense if humor rather than a thug attitude. So what if it was Roy Williams? Doesn't matter. He may indeed turn it to be ROTY but, the most important thing is what does this do to the chemistry of the team? 

Sorry but, if guys like Jim Brown did it, then so must Dez. 

Anyone here have kids? If you don't show them discipline from the start, they'll push it to the next level. My guess is Dez, like an undisciplined child, will try something else knowing this stuff gets publicity.

Dallas thought Jessica Simpson was a problem? There's a new Diva in town called Dez. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

I like his attidude but are you kidding me? Pats vets here would hate it including the coaches. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donspartucus. Show donspartucus's posts

In Response to Re: Thank God we didn't draft this punk:
    In Response to Thank God we didn't draft this punk : Good for him it's about time someone stepped up and put an end to this BS! Hazing isn't allowed anywhere else why should it be allowed in the NFL? Seems a few years ago someone tryed to punk out Giant rookie Jeremy Shockey and got his face punched in and his lights punched out for it.Good for him as well. 
    Posted by donspartucus

13. This post has been removed.