Thank Goodness Obama won!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Thank Goodness Obama won!!!!

In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd criticize Obama for not exercising effective leadership, but he also had to deal with a Republican Congress that was purposefully obstructionist even at the cost of doing damage to the country.  This "fiscal cliff" issue is largely the result of the Republican Congress's irresponsible behaviour when it came to raising the debt ceiling in 2011.  They pretty much forced Obama into a choice of going off the cliff then or going off the cliff this coming January.  Obama is hardly to blame for the mess America is in and only partially to blame for not getting us out of it.  The Republicans deserve a lot of the blame for the policies that contributed to the 2008 financial collapse and for the inability of the country to move forward since Obama was elected. 

Obama deserves strong criticism for not being a forceful leader at a time when good leadership is needed, but Republicans are completely dishonest when they try to deflect all blame on to Obama.  The Republicans have acted deplorably, putting their political agenda way above the country's health.  

[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that the Republicans have an agenda and the Democrats don't?

Like i said in a previous post these guys are only doing the bidding for whomever shows them the cash.

There are roughly 17,000 registered lobbyist in DC that have spent around roughly 30 million that has been documented over the last 10 years. It would be inetresting to know the number of "Lobbyists" and the dollars spent that are not documented over the same time frame.

[/QUOTE]

The Republicans have a clear point of view (and therefore a clear agenda).  The Democrats don't.  You are right, though, that much of what actually happens in Congress happens behind closed doors where lobbyists and Congress critters of either party make deals. 

In terms of the "agenda,"  US policy was dominated by the Democrat's agenda from FDR through Carter.  Since Reagan, it's been the Republicans who have dominated.  Prior to Reagan, the country and the Republicans essentially accepted the FDR vision and the Republicans just tried to tweak it to be more palatable to their worldview.  Since Reagan, the country and the Democrats have essentially accepted the Reagan vision, and the Democrats have just tried to tweak it to be more palatable to their worldview.  This has been a Republican era, with the Democrats playing second fiddle.  The Democrats deserve to be reviled for their impotence; the Republicans deserve to reviled for whatever has happened as a result of their power.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

"THE  DEMOCRACY WILL CEASE TO EXIST WHEN YOU TAKE AWAY FROM THOSE WHO ARE WILLING TO WORK AND GIVE TO THOSE WHO WOULD NOT."...THOMAS JEFFERSON.

Well people we about to see that happen. WE HAVE REACHED THE TIPPING POINT.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"THE  DEMOCRACY WILL CEASE TO EXIST WHEN YOU TAKE AWAY FROM THOSE WHO ARE WILLING TO WORK AND GIVE TO THOSE WHO WOULD NOT."...THOMAS JEFFERSON.

[/QUOTE]

Oh look it's another uninformed rant that is just begging to be debunked.  The 47% (which is already stupid because almost all of these people pay other taxes even if they don't pay income taxes) are made up of basically 3 groups.  Old people (because Social Security is tax-exempt), veterans (retirement/disability pay is tax exempt) and poor people.

The first two groups are Republican consituencies and are people who are eligible for their benefits precisely because they worked.

While the poor that vote probably turn out more for Democrats there are definitely poor people that vote for Republicans (poor white people in particular are not a Democratic constituency) and it is also true that poor people are way more likely not to vote at all.  In addition the majority of the poor people who pay no income tax do in fact work, but do not earn enough income to pay income taxes (although again they do pay other taxes).  Why is this?  Because Reagan and Bush II passed tax cuts that wiped out their income tax liability.

The ultimate irony of course is that conservatives whine about dependency and then ignore the fact that the tax revenue collected from "blue states" is used to subsidize the federal spending on "red states".

In conclusion you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.  Again...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of course, Jefferson never actually said this as far as anyone knows.  This "quote" was attributed to him erroneously in a book written by someone working under the pseudonym "John Galt" (a character from an Ayn Rand novel), which was published in 1986.  Like much of what the Right says, it is based on error but is repeated over and over until error is mistaken for truth. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh look it's another uninformed rant that is just begging to be debunked.  The 47% (which is already stupid because almost all of these people pay other taxes even if they don't pay income taxes) are made up of basically 3 groups.  Old people (because Social Security is tax-exempt), veterans (retirement/disability pay is tax exempt) and poor people.

The first two groups are Republican consituencies and are people who are eligible for their benefits precisely because they worked.

While the poor that vote probably turn out more for Democrats there are definitely poor people that vote for Republicans (poor white people in particular are not a Democratic constituency) and it is also true that poor people are way more likely not to vote at all.  In addition the majority of the poor people who pay no income tax do in fact work, but do not earn enough income to pay income taxes (although again they do pay other taxes).  Why is this?  Because Reagan and Bush II passed tax cuts that wiped out their income tax liability.

The ultimate irony of course is that conservatives whine about dependency and then ignore the fact that the tax revenue collected from "blue states" is used to subsidize the federal spending on "red states".

In conclusion you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.  Again...

[/QUOTE]

YOU just had another enema and posted the result here.

IF the other taxes you are referring to to is the payroll "tax" you are wrong because contributing to your retirement[social security] and you health insurance[medicare] is not a tax.

[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]Wall Street drops more than 2 percent

NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended losses, with all three major stock indexes dropping more than 2 percent and the S&P 500 falling below 1,400 for the first time since September 4 on Wednesday, a day after the re-election of President Barack Obama, as comments by European Central Bank President Mario Draghi weighed on sentiment.

The Dow Jones industrial average was down 292.25 points, or 2.21 percent, at 12,953.43. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 31.18 points, or 2.18 percent, at 1,397.21. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 69.60 points, or 2.31 percent, at 2,942.33.

------------------

Thanks Obama!

Thank the skittish nellies on Wall Street.  You know, the idiots who brought you the ORIGINAL Black Friday.  

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Wall Street is mostly worried about the so-called fiscal cliff.  The Republican Congress is at least as much to blame for that threat as Obama.  Obama's failure is one of leadership.  The Republicans failure is one of statemanship.  Ultimately, I hold the Republicans far more responsible, because they could have put the country's true interests before their political interests and they didn't.  Shame on them, really. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

I cannot believe that any self-respecting person would in good conscience support either one of these despicable political parties without some direct financial benefit on the line.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]

Wall Street is mostly worried about the so-called fiscal cliff.  The Republican Congress is at least as much to blame for that threat as Obama.  Obama's failure is one of leadership.  The Republicans failure is one of statemanship.  Ultimately, I hold the Republicans far more responsible, because they could have put the country's true interests before their political interests and they didn't.  Shame on them, really. 

[/QUOTE]

LEADERS LEAD. OBMAMA IS NOT A LEADER . ANYONE WHO HAS SEEN OR BEEN AROUND REAL LEADERS IN THE MILITARY OR BUSINESS KNOW THAT.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pretty pitiful when an election amidst the most precarious economic crisis in history is decided based on whether younger women can get free morning after pills or not. That, my fellow Americans, means we can pretty much stick a fork in this turkey. 

[/QUOTE]

Now Babe, that's a complete exaggeration.  I guess neither of us is old enough to remember the Great Depression, but that was clearly worse than anything we've got today. 

As far as what decided the election, it has a lot more to do with Romney not being able to present a clear plan about what he was going to do to improve the economy and not being able to get the trust of the voters.  Flip flopping from moderate to right winger and back again doesn't engender trust with anyone. The reality, as well, is the Republicans act as if conservative, white, middle aged and older men are the only true Americans.  Like it or not, America is a much more diverse country than that and all those other people have just as much a right to a voice as the ditto heads and tea drinkers.  The Republicans need to stop acting like a large percentage of the population doesn't count and recognize that that large percentage is rapidly becoming the majority. 

The Democrats, meanwhile, haven't had a clear vision for the country since 1975 and really need to get one if they ever want to stop being defined by the Republicans as looney tax and spend leftists.  Since Ronald Reagan, the Republicans have set the agenda in the country.  It's an appealing agenda for a large portion of the population--but also a declining portion.  The problem that the Democrats have is they aren't clear about their own agenda and, by not offering that clarity, have allowed the Republicans to define the Democrats in unattractive terms.  The Democrats have done a terrible job of coming up with any agenda to oppose the Republican's agenda, which is why the only choice Americans ever seem to have is the Republican world view (if the Republicans are in power) or gridlock (if the Democrats are in power). 

[/QUOTE]

The key word is "precarious". I didn't say this economic crisis was as bad as the Great Depression. I said it was the "most precarious". And I will stand by that. The potential for the entire  monetary system to collapse is significantly greater in this instance. The GD was simply a horrible economic downturn. This has shaken the entire system to the point of near, and still impending collapse.

And I'll stand by my statement about contraception being the key factor in swinging the election. Younger females supported Obama in numbers that made the difference, and when asked most often replied that "women's health issues" were a decisive factor in their preference for Obama. And the only "woman's health issue" on the horizon in this election was the issue of free contraception.

Certainly white males and minorities weren't apt to dramatically shift their voting pattern. And neither were older women. So we are left with the younger women of child bearing age as the swing vote. And all indicators show them being most concerned with the aforementioned issues. It's pathetic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LEADERS LEAD. OBMAMA IS NOT A LEADER . ANYONE WHO HAS SEEN OR BEEN AROUND REAL LEADERS IN THE MILITARY OR BUSINESS KNOW THAT.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think we're in disagreement about Obama's leadership to date.  I'm hoping he gets better with experience, but we'll have to see. That said, I think right now, the Democrats are better on policy than the Republicans.  This is not to say the Democrats are all good, but in my opinion they are less bad. 

Wanting to drown the government in a bath tub as Grover Norquist and many other Republicans say they want to do is not only irresponsible--it's downright juvenile.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pretty pitiful when an election amidst the most precarious economic crisis in history is decided based on whether younger women can get free morning after pills or not. That, my fellow Americans, means we can pretty much stick a fork in this turkey. 

[/QUOTE]

Now Babe, that's a complete exaggeration.  I guess neither of us is old enough to remember the Great Depression, but that was clearly worse than anything we've got today. 

As far as what decided the election, it has a lot more to do with Romney not being able to present a clear plan about what he was going to do to improve the economy and not being able to get the trust of the voters.  Flip flopping from moderate to right winger and back again doesn't engender trust with anyone. The reality, as well, is the Republicans act as if conservative, white, middle aged and older men are the only true Americans.  Like it or not, America is a much more diverse country than that and all those other people have just as much a right to a voice as the ditto heads and tea drinkers.  The Republicans need to stop acting like a large percentage of the population doesn't count and recognize that that large percentage is rapidly becoming the majority. 

The Democrats, meanwhile, haven't had a clear vision for the country since 1975 and really need to get one if they ever want to stop being defined by the Republicans as looney tax and spend leftists.  Since Ronald Reagan, the Republicans have set the agenda in the country.  It's an appealing agenda for a large portion of the population--but also a declining portion.  The problem that the Democrats have is they aren't clear about their own agenda and, by not offering that clarity, have allowed the Republicans to define the Democrats in unattractive terms.  The Democrats have done a terrible job of coming up with any agenda to oppose the Republican's agenda, which is why the only choice Americans ever seem to have is the Republican world view (if the Republicans are in power) or gridlock (if the Democrats are in power). 

[/QUOTE]

The key word is "precarious". I didn't say this economic crisis was as bad as the Great Depression. I said it was the "most precarious". And I will stand by that. The potential for the entire  monetary system to collapse is significantly greater in this instance. The GD was simply a horrible economic downturn. This has shaken the entire system to the point of near, and still impending collapse.

And I'll stand by my statement about contraception being the key factor in swinging the election. Younger females supported Obama in numbers that made the difference, and when asked most often replied that "women's health issues" were a decisive factor in their preference for Obama. And the only "woman's health issue" on the horizon in this election was the issue of free contraception.

Certainly white males and minorities weren't apt to dramatically shift their voting pattern. And neither were older women. So we are left with the younger women of child bearing age as the swing vote. And all indicators show them being most concerned with the aforementioned issues. It's pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

There are certainly some black clouds hovering over the world economy, but there are also many positives out there as well.  In some ways, it's amazing that the economy was resilient enough to survive the 2008 fiasco without a larger collapse.  We'll see how it handles the European debt problems, but if it navigates through that issue, I don't think it's necessarily teetering on the brink of collapse.  The US can get its problems under control, but only if its leaders (especially on the Republican side) start to act like mature adults.  The US's biggest problem is pig-headed stupidity. Maybe that's incurable, but I still have hope. 

As far as your contraception idea, Babe . . . I think that sounds a little odd.  Women are more complex voters than you describe, I think.  

There are also plenty of others of us (including white, middle-aged men like me) who remain far more comfortable with Obama than with the Republicans. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

YOU just had another enema and posted the result here.

IF the other taxes you are referring to to is the payroll "tax" you are wrong because contributing to your retirement[social security] and you health insurance[medicare] is not a tax.

[/QUOTE]

You really are a good Republican.  Just repeating the same bs over and over again trying to make it true.  YOUR MOTHER had an enema and the result was you.  Even if you want to insist that a tax is not a tax there are also state income taxes, sales and excise taxes and property taxes.  In conclusion you are still a moron.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There are certainly some black clouds hovering over the world economy, but there are also many positives out there as well.  In some ways, it's amazing that the economy was resilient enough to survive the 2008 fiasco without a larger collapse.  We'll see how it handles the European debt problems, but if it navigates through that issue, I don't think it's necessarily teetering on the brink of collapse.  The US can get its problems under control, but only if its leaders (especially on the Republican side) start to act like mature adults.  The US's biggest problem is pig-headed stupidity. Maybe that's incurable, but I still have hope. 

As far as your contraception idea, Babe . . . I think that sounds a little odd.  Women are more complex voters than you describe, I think.  

There are also plenty of others of us (including white, middle-aged men like me) who remain far more comfortable with Obama than with the Republicans. 

[/QUOTE]

I think you're trying to kid yourself with the "plenty of others of us" bromide. The breakdown of the white male vote is hugely anti-Obama based on typical standards of what constitutes "plenty" within a voting block. Politically speaking, there are exactly not "plenty" supporting BHO among white males.

I never referred to "women". I referred to "younger women". That is the block who came out heavily for Obama compared to the rest and exit polling showed "women's health issues" was of primary concern to them. Since there is no move afoot to try to ban abortion, common sense says that the immediate concern has to be the recent brouhaha about free contraception.

You call the ongoing economic calamity merely, dark clouds? You or nobody else had any solution for the massive debt issues word-wide, except to print more money and then lend it to the worst cases. It remains a house of cards. Economic growth can't even keep up with population growth, much less provide relief for massive amounts of lost prosperity.

You would be the poster child for rose colored glasses regarding these matters, and I suspect that is politically motivated, which in the end constitutes nothing more than dishonesty.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think you're trying to kid yourself with the "plenty of others of us" bromide. The breakdown of the white male vote is hugely anti-Obama based on typical standards of what constitutes "plenty" within a voting block. Politically speaking, there are exactly not "plenty" supporting BHO among white males.

Yeah, but one in three white men is still a pretty substantial number of votes -- about one-eighth of all voters.  

I never referred to "women". I referred to "younger women". That is the block who came out heavily for Obama compared to the rest and exit polling showed "women's health issues" was of primary concern to them. Since there is no move afoot to try to ban abortion, common sense says that the immediate concern has to be the recent brouhaha about free contraception.

Because contraception was a big concern for them doesn't mean they are single-issue voters. 

You call the ongoing economic calamity merely, dark clouds? You or nobody else had any solution for the massive debt issues word-wide, except to print more money and then lend it to the worst cases. It remains a house of cards. Economic growth can't even keep up with population growth, much less provide relief for massive amounts of lost prosperity.

The US could greatly ease its debt problems by raising taxes a bit and moderating spending.  Reagan and Bush both said that tax cuts would lead to faster economic growth and smaller deficits. Both failed.  Clinton raised taxes, had a healthier economy, and oversaw shrinking deficits.  Hmmm . . . maybe Clinton was right and Bush and Reagan wrong?

You would be the poster child for rose colored glasses regarding these matters, and I suspect that is politically motivated, which in the end constitutes nothing more than dishonesty.

Maybe it's just because I live in Canada, where taxes are higher, we have government provided universal health care, and the economy is actually doing quite well.  Hmmm . . . maybe the US should try this approach?  There are lots of high paying jobs in Alberta and Saskatchewan if you need one, by the way . . . they're practically begging for workers.  I know coal miners who are making $120,000 a year right now in Alberta. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]

Do you really think Smith is any more far fetched than the guy the other guy believes in? Mohammad and Smith have pretty similar tales. They both revered the Bible, but then wrote their own book, went someplace and got messages from angels, etc. etc.

But don't get too much wood over the win. The other guys still control the House so BHO won't be getting any of his stuff passed.

[/QUOTE]

+1 

You might as well save your breath. Fighting with these liberal idiots is useless. Voting against someone partly because they are mormon, when the other candidate is a freakin MUSLIM (thier bible teaches followers to KILL non believers) is laughable at best. Jimmys post shows how stupid he is. Trying to teach him anything, would be like trying to teach a tree to talk.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah, but one in three white men is still a pretty substantial number of votes -- about one-eighth of all voters.  

Because contraception was a big concern for them doesn't mean they are single-issue voters. 

The US could greatly ease its debt problems by raising taxes a bit and moderating spending.  Reagan and Bush both said that tax cuts would lead to faster economic growth and smaller deficits. Both failed.  Clinton raised taxes, had a healthier economy, and oversaw shrinking deficits.  Hmmm . . . maybe Clinton was right and Bush and Reagan wrong?

Maybe it's just because I live in Canada, where taxes are higher, we have government provided universal health care, and the economy is actually doing quite well.  Hmmm . . . maybe the US should try this approach?  There are lots of high paying jobs in Alberta and Saskatchewan if you need one, by the way . . . they're practically begging for workers.  I know coal miners who are making $120,000 a year right now in Alberta. 

[/QUOTE]

1. By that reasoning a "lot" of blacks voted for Romney.

2. Never said anybody was a single issue voter. Said a key block was decisively influenced by a certain issue in particular.

3. Clinton presided over the dotcom bubble and nobody is trying to say that was real growth, except perhaps you. Reagan's tax cuts certainly did grow the economy. There were deficits due to military spending in a successful attempt to bankrupt the Soviet Union. Would you like to have them back? I think a lot of Ukrainians for just one example would disagree with you.

4. Maybe Canada should try having an army bigger than the NYPD. Then maybe they wouldn't have all this extra money laying around while we pay for their defense. I find it laughable that these many countries sit back and pontificate about the missteps of the USA while they bask in the warm safety of the US military. And when the US doesn't get involved they are the first to cry that we shirked our duty as a great power.

The average canuk is spending 20 bucks a year on defense, LMAO!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to SUZUKIGSXR's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thank goodness? Who's goodness? You can't say thank God can you, because you've elected the perfect president for what you desire, a president who's anti Christ, anti-God, and anti-Bible in nearly every way. Not that I was crazy about Romney because I wasn't, but at least he would have supported Gods chosen nation Israel, and not doing so, brings the judgement of God. You should enjoy the next 4 years again as the country keeps spiraling downward ,more and more into the sewer, with the continued destruction of family values and morality as sodomite marriages, abortion (murdering of unborn babies), and the entitlement attitude, among other things, are forced upon those of us, who don't agree with it and believe will eventually bring the judgement of God upon this country, if God isin't already doing so already. Just wait until your money and jobs disappears, and the president can't help you, then you can cry out for goodness to help you, instead of God, whom you hate! Romans:1:28-And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a repobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; God's words from Romans chapter 1, KJV. Anyone can read it for themselves.

[/QUOTE]

Place is definitely turning into a sewer.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

There are lots of high paying jobs in Alberta and Saskatchewan if you need one, by the way . . . they're practically begging for workers.

[/QUOTE]

Of course they are begging for workers. It's a godforsaken tundra! Nobody wants to go there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is a sign that the Pats will win the SB!  When a man that believes that some guy,(I believe Joseph Smith?--wow you can't make this sh_t up), finds 2 tablets in the woods, giving him a direct connection to God, and then forms a billion dollar religion,(idealogy), runs for PREZ and loses - that tells me we have a chance!!!! Thank goodness that silver-spooned snake oil salesman Romney LOST! The guy is slick as grease. He should go into acting now-he'd be great. Isn't it time for people to stop telling others what they can and can't do with thier own bodies? Anti-abortion, anti-pot smoking, anti-same sex marriage, anti-anything---if I aint bothering you don't bother me!!!! So tired of these rich old Right wing Christian Farts that want everyone else to behave like them. And I know this isn't Patriot talk- but c'mon people America just elected a president----little more important than rich jocks, who most, have never got out of their sophmoric high school days,(UHUM-Brett Farve anyone), running around chasing a Ball---it's a game!!!

[/QUOTE]

Drunken ramblings.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

both parties are killin the middle class.

red states get welfare from the blue states and still vote against their interests.

.and the uber rich get corporate welfare and neat places to hide the cash.

I am in" the 47 %" yet work FT and pay taxes..plenty of  em..

dont have stats  but I do know others in same situation as me.  

I think the whole 47 % thing was not well researched