Thanks To BB (Again)

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Thanks To BB (Again)

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As Hank Poteat said earlier in the week, "thanks BB".  I just want to reiterate this and offer some perspective.

Apparently, there seems to be some kind of an element of Brady being propped again above the TEAM after last night's win, when none of this is possible without the brilliance of BB, the coach and GM.  Every move is critical, from the 1st guy on the roster to the 53rd right on down to Justin Green off the PS.

Here is a board that hammers BB on a daily basis, for god knows what reason other some odd infatuation with propping up Brady as brainwashed media minions, as he puts on GM and coaching clinics in the cap era. 

Just yesterday the Pats trolls were bashing BB saying things like "something is wrong with our GM" and "did BB waste SBs by walking from pricey, ego ridden/aging veterans"?  ESPN told me so, so it must be true. lol

When will it end? When will those who troll here and hold BB's feet to the fire end? Who will these same trolls scour the roster for to scapegoat this week? DObson because he wasn't involved in the gameplan this week, but Edelman was?

Thank you, BB. Thanks for it all. The gameplans, the recent drafting, not caving to FAs like Welkie.

This is literally on the same day ESPN ran an anti-BB piece about how BB has walked from veteran players at the end of their careers and somehow that has sabotaged Brady's legacy.

What a freaking joke it is.  Every single AFC team is mediocre minus NE, Den and KC.  The fear is out there now. The fear by the anti-BB media is there. Oh, yes it is.  Another brilliant gameplan, where BB set the trap and Gomer fell right into it.   Whatever BB said to the troops at halftime must have been a classic, too.   

BB is currently the front runner as coach of the year right now especially after Andy Reid's clock debacle from the 5 yard line yesterday vs SD.  Give him GM/Execy of the year with Caserio, too. The ability to have this kind of depth and not really miss a beat has  been brilliant.

Finally, have never seen a coach defer the coin toss in OT before. Another trailblazing first. Brilliant move.  Put up the whole OT a the HOF in Canton on a loop.  Yep.

Hey, anyone seen Bustchise and his 10 other board names today? How come?  Hmm?

[/QUOTE]

yes Thank You Tom Brady, the AFC Easy and Bill Parcells!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

*^Miss the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row.

Coughlin and Reese on the hotseat with the cap hell they've allowed to happen.

[/QUOTE]

OH QUEENIE BEGONE WITH YOU

GO KISS UR BELLICHICK BED SHEETS

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

As Hank Poteat said earlier in the week, "thanks BB".  I just want to reiterate this and offer some perspective.

Apparently, there seems to be some kind of an element of Brady being propped again above the TEAM after last night's win, when none of this is possible without the brilliance of BB, the coach and GM.  Every move is critical, from the 1st guy on the roster to the 53rd right on down to Justin Green off the PS.

Here is a board that hammers BB on a daily basis, for god knows what reason other some odd infatuation with propping up Brady as brainwashed media minions, as he puts on GM and coaching clinics in the cap era. 

Just yesterday the Pats trolls were bashing BB saying things like "something is wrong with our GM" and "did BB waste SBs by walking from pricey, ego ridden/aging veterans"?  ESPN told me so, so it must be true. lol

When will it end? When will those who troll here and hold BB's feet to the fire end? Who will these same trolls scour the roster for to scapegoat this week? DObson because he wasn't involved in the gameplan this week, but Edelman was?

Thank you, BB. Thanks for it all. The gameplans, the recent drafting, not caving to FAs like Welkie.

This is literally on the same day ESPN ran an anti-BB piece about how BB has walked from veteran players at the end of their careers and somehow that has sabotaged Brady's legacy.

What a freaking joke it is.  Every single AFC team is mediocre minus NE, Den and KC.  The fear is out there now. The fear by the anti-BB media is there. Oh, yes it is.  Another brilliant gameplan, where BB set the trap and Gomer fell right into it.   Whatever BB said to the troops at halftime must have been a classic, too.   

BB is currently the front runner as coach of the year right now especially after Andy Reid's clock debacle from the 5 yard line yesterday vs SD.  Give him GM/Execy of the year with Caserio, too. The ability to have this kind of depth and not really miss a beat has  been brilliant.

Finally, have never seen a coach defer the coin toss in OT before. Another trailblazing first. Brilliant move.  Put up the whole OT a the HOF in Canton on a loop.  Yep.

[/QUOTE]

Good post, where is uncle mangione?  He probably couldn't stand the pats azz kissing today. To think he has a few people fooled on this board.

that post you made about t brown being better than WW is sooooo dead on!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Dumbkoff coming completely unglued with the adoration Brady is getting after hoisting the team on his back and leading one of the greatest comebacks in history! So much so that he has to start multiple BB threads to ease the pain. LMAO You are such a sad sack Megatool.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Yes thank god for BB! If it weren't for him we would be starting Mallett, or some other subpar QB and trying to run the ball more with our average running backs. He is smart enough to realize Tom can/will carry this team...he's been doing it for the past 10 years and if he had a little more help we actually would of won a Super Bowl in the last decade. Thanks BB!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

there is no hammering BB the coach...ever. BB the GM has made some decisions over the past few years that have haunted the team. Only a foll such as yourself does not see this

What a freaking joke it is.  Every single AFC team is mediocre minus NE, Den and KC.  

Havent you learned anything from the Ravens and Giants SB's the past couple of years? The SB is not won in week 11

The fear is out there now. The fear by the anti-BB media is there. Oh, yes it is.  Another brilliant gameplan, where BB set the trap and Gomer fell right into it.   Whatever BB said to the troops at halftime must have been a classic, too.   

Think Ron Rivera or Pete Carroll will have anything say about that?

Agreed, brilliant

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Yes thank god for BB! If it weren't for him we would be starting Mallett, or some other subpar QB and trying to run the ball more with our average running backs. He is smart enough to realize Tom can/will carry this team...he's been doing it for the past 10 years and if he had a little more help we actually would of won a Super Bowl in the last decade. Thanks BB!

Meh.  After the first half you and a bunch of other posters were posting about how the team has no talent, BB the GM should be fired and that Tom can't carry this crappy team anymore.  Suddenly we win and all of you are rewriting history telling us that Tom carried the team and is the only reason we won.  How about the defense that forced 2 critical turnovers in the 2nd half and held the highest scoring offense in the NFL to one TD in the 2nd half and OT.  How about all the receivers that made clutch catches to move the chains.  Tom played great, but this is complete bs.  When we win it's all because of Tom and when we lose it's because the team sucks.  Spare me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Anyone who thinks Tom "carried" the team to victory didn't listen to Tom Brady's own comments where he thanks the Defense for saving them or coming up big again. I don't remember his exact words but the point made was obvious abd clear.

I guess that is not surprising though since people thought he played great in the missed FG win against the Ravens when he got on the Mic and said he sucked after the game.

His comments were one part being a great leader and one part truth.

That was certainly a TEAM win and Tom played very well but he did not hoist or carry them to anything. He certainly has before, but not in that game. In that game he was just part of the success or solution.

Tom typically says it as it is. When he praises a player or unit, he thinks highly about his or its role.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Meh.  After the first half you and a bunch of other posters were posting about how the team has no talent, BB the GM should be fired and that Tom can't carry this crappy team anymore.  Suddenly we win and all of you are rewriting history telling us that Tom carried the team and is the only reason we won.  How about the defense that forced 2 critical turnovers in the 2nd half and held the highest scoring offense in the NFL to one TD in the 2nd half and OT.  How about all the receivers that made clutch catches to move the chains.  Tom played great, but this is complete bs.  When we win it's all because of Tom and when we lose it's because the team sucks.  Spare me.

[/QUOTE]

Excellent job confronting that fraud.  He teaches Home Economics. No one should take any flak from that pink hat.

[/QUOTE]

How is this different than you blaming TB for losses and giving BB all the credit for wins.

It's a sickness with you, no doubt.  You can't stand to give TB his due.

YOU are the FRAUD! 

He has told you he doesn't teach Home Ec., yet you insist on spreading a made up lie., sort of like BB winning coach of the year in 2008.  Right, ballboy?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Great team win. Something you don't have when you sign Mike Wallace to 12-15m per year: positional depth. Giants have a good WR corps and a mongoloid who throws INTs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but I think he deserves the most credit for this win...by far. The defense gave up almost 300 yards in rushing. If it weren't for the wind, how many passing yards would they of had? And as for our own runners...is that even debatable at this point? I mean are we going to stand here and call them a huge part of this win? I mean they turned the ball over twice...we had to go down to our third option at that position and even he was held to pedestrian numbers despite having a long run of 35 yards. Our 7 million dollar a year receiver was even worse than Welker. How many drops did Vereen have? How many times did Brady get pummeled behind our line?

Turn the TV on or open up a news paper, I can guarantee you the entire country is talking about Tom Brady today...and rightfully so. Go find another quarterback to throw for 3 touchdowns and 335 yards in that wind/cold last night. Do you live around here? Did you go outside last night? I don't know a quarterback in the country that could of done what he did last night.

Bill Belichick is the best coach in the league and deserves tons of credit, but out on that field there was one guy mostly responsible for that win. Who on defense would you say deserved to be put into that catergory? Who on offense? Edelman? Great game, yes, but come on now.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Anybody surprised Romo did not blow his NFC Least game yesterday.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm sorry but I think he deserves the most credit for this win...by far. The defense gave up almost 300 yards in rushing. If it weren't for the wind, how many passing yards would they of had? And as for our own runners...is that even debatable at this point? I mean are we going to stand here and call them a huge part of this win? I mean they turned the ball over twice...we had to go down to our third option at that position and even he was held to pedestrian numbers despite having a long run of 35 yards. Our 7 million dollar a year receiver was even worse than Welker. How many drops did Vereen have? How many times did Brady get pummeled behind our line?

Turn the TV on or open up a news paper, I can guarantee you the entire country is talking about Tom Brady today...and rightfully so. Go find another quarterback to throw for 3 touchdowns and 335 yards in that wind/cold last night. Do you live around here? Did you go outside last night? I don't know a quarterback in the country that could of done what he did last night.

Bill Belichick is the best coach in the league and deserves tons of credit, but out on that field there was one guy mostly responsible for that win. Who on defense would you say deserved to be put into that catergory? Who on offense? Edelman? Great game, yes, but come on now.

[/QUOTE]

I am not sure I follow you. 

Pats were held without a point in the first half right?

I believe (not positive) that Tom was ->

1st HALF:

10/18 for 81yds  and a 67.1 QB rating.

A 55% completion rate and a 4.5 yd avg throwing. Zero TD's, zero INT's.

Overtime:

3/7 for 35 yards and a 58.6 QB rating.

A 42.8% completion rate and a 5 yd avg throwing. Zero TD's, zero INT's.

As a coach I've never thought of any "one" player being an MVP of a game because they had "one" very good half. That's just me.

You most certainly could argue well he got sacked a few times, could not get in rhythm because the RB's rumbled twice or any other excuse. However, if you do that you have to say things likes well Boldin did not get as much opportunity to contribute in the 2nd half running the ball because they were throwing the ball most of the time to catch up and that's why his numbers seemed not so great.

Also while Tom was working his magic in the 2nd half catching up. Who was it that was responsible, at least in part, for allowing him to do so? Did Tom go out there and also prevent the Broncos from answering his offenses scoring drives each time? ...and if you want to try and play the wind card, I believe BOTH teams played in the same elements.

As far as NO QB in the country able to do what he did last night. You don't think that is being a bit dramatic?

I certainly don't begrudge you enjoying the excellent 2nd half he had though. I thought he had a very good overall game and it was an excellent TEAM win.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As far as NO QB in the country able to do what he did last night. You don't think that is being a bit dramatic?

[/QUOTE]

Fro starters ... stop and think about your own question friend. Any QB? I don't know. Considering what happened last night has only happened 5 other times in the history of the NFL .... give some credit up will you? 

You really short change the man. All wins are team wins. QBs often play a big role .... no one in this particular game plan played a bigger role than Brady. Can you at least admit that? After that ... this is just intentional detraction from an excellent game. 

And Brady was good in the first half ... just not "lights out" ... but he wasn't throwing interceptions and was getting sacked and harried. You are acting like he "hurt" the team ... when, as I recall ... it was Vereen dropping a pass, Solder laying down, Ridley/Blount puking all over the field.

Tom was the MVP. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am not sure I follow you. 

Pats were held without a point in the first half right?

I believe (not positive) that Tom was ->

1st HALF:

10/18 for 81yds  and a 67.1 QB rating.

A 55% completion rate and a 4.5 yd avg throwing. Zero TD's, zero INT's.

Overtime:

3/7 for 35 yards and a 58.6 QB rating.

A 42.8% completion rate and a 5 yd avg throwing. Zero TD's, zero INT's.

As a coach I've never thought of any "one" player being an MVP of a game because they had "one" very good half. That's just me.

You most certainly could argue well he got sacked a few times, could not get in rhythm because the RB's rumbled twice or any other excuse. However, if you do that you have to say things likes well Boldin did not get as much opportunity to contribute in the 2nd half running the ball because they were throwing the ball most of the time to catch up and that's why his numbers seemed not so great.

Also while Tom was working his magic in the 2nd half catching up. Who was it that was responsible, at least in part, for allowing him to do so? Did Tom go out there and also prevent the Broncos from answering his offenses scoring drives each time? ...and if you want to try and play the wind card, I believe BOTH teams played in the same elements.

I certainly don't begrudge you enjoying the excellent 2nd half he had though. I thought he had a very good overall game and it was an excellent TEAM win.

[/QUOTE]

The first half?

How about this, he drops back to hand off...boom...fumble...TD. He drops back to pass and....boom two guys are on him before he gets a chance to set his feet...total blind side hit resulting in a fumble. He hands off to Bolden...boom...fumble, guy thinks he's on vacation in St. Martin before his body even hits the ground. Next possesion....he drops back...boom, another unblocked rush up the middle resulting in a sack. The next drive Amendola falls down. The following drive a wide open Vereen drops a 30 yard pass. This was the first half.

And as for no other quarterback being able to play like that in the wind/cold, well a guy who is widely considered to be the best quarterback in the league couldn't do it, despite having a run game, better receivers and a 24 point lead. Who else was going to do it?

I understand the secondary played well..good...great! But you are making my point, both teams had to deal with the same elements, except one quarterback pushed the limits of the other team's secondary (that was Tom and the Bronco's defense). As for Peyton, that ball was dying on anything over ten yards...you saw it...the whole country saw it too. You see some of those sideline passes? I mean at one point I was thinking we didn't need to have any corner covering out there - the wind was that bad, it really was - it didn't effect Brady. The numbers don't lie.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

[QUOTE]

Fro starters ... stop and think about your own question friend. Any QB? I don't know. Considering what happened last night has only happened 5 other times in the history of the NFL .... give some credit up will you? 

You really short change the man. All wins are team wins. QBs often play a big role .... no one in this particular game plan played a bigger role than Brady. Can you at least admit that? After that ... this is just intentional detraction from an excellent game. 

And Brady was good in the first half ... just not "lights out" ... but he wasn't throwing interceptions and was getting sacked and harried. You are acting like he "hurt" the team ... when, as I recall ... it was Vereen dropping a pass, Solder laying down, Ridley/Blount puking all over the field.

Tom was the MVP. 

[/QUOTE]

Just philosophical differences in our thought. I give him credit. Never said he didn't have a very good game anywhere in any thread today.

I would not have asked the question if I had not already thought of the answer first myself.

However I think guys like Rodgers are capable of doing it, just for one example.

In fact you can go back and quickly look up a game from last year in december in Lambeau, look up the historical weather info, and see in similar conditions cold and windy, he threw for 300+ yards and 3 TDs.

Are there few? Probably. I don't know. It is just my opinion. WHen I am thinking about it though. I am thinking about it in a specific way.

I am thinking about it as a QB grown and raised under BB the same way TB has been with the Pats in the Game with the same weapons, same system, healthy, same game plan and coaching etc.

Yep I believe there are some who could, on a given night.

..and yes ofcourse I admit the QB position is the most important in the NFL and he gets too much credit as well as too much blame for how teams do.

25. This post has been removed.