That's just wrong - Sorry O'Connell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from randomname75. Show randomname75's posts

That's just wrong - Sorry O'Connell

Can you imagine what it must be like to be a Patriot one day - then a Lion the next?
    I can't fathom that. That's one heck of a penance to pay for not working out in BB offense. Oh well. Still shocked that we dumped him. But I'm just a fan. There must have been something there really not working out. I thought he had the intangibles, but I must have been wrong. Guess we'll see what happens. I still think BB has his sights on Tebow. Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Re: That's just wrong - Sorry O'Connell

H ell yes he wants Tebow and so do I. People who say Tebow is not a round 1 pick are insane. I would take him in round 1 in a heart beat. If he slips someone will grab him and I hope its us. People said Troy Smith couldnt play in this league and last year he was very close to being the opening day starter for teh Ravens but then he got sick and Flacco emerged.

Not only is Tebow full of talent and upside but you will never have to worry about him showing up in the papers for DUIs or beating his wife or anything like that. He is the real deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Well, jbolt -- who presumably saw the guy up close and personally at SDSU -- has been telling anyone who would listen that O'Connell blows for a year and a half. And nothing I saw of him against either Cincinnatti or Washington the last two weeks did anything to dispel that notion. Surely Belichick has his eye on a veteran backup he expects to be able to bring in, and jettisoning a high pick like O'Connell would indicate that the coach had not seen, or had not seen enough, development . . .  or worse, the kid might not have been showing proper work ethic. Whatever the case, we'll never know, as Belichick is not going to say anything negative about the kid.

As for Tim Tebow . . .  as a potential NFL quarterback, he looks like a very effective missionary.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I dont think we will bring in another veteran QB. I think the team is happy with Walter and they will throw Hoyer on the practice squad incase they need another QB. Andrew Walter has a good rep around the league as being a very smart QB who works hard and has a cannon of an arm. I think he will reinvent himself here in NE.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Even a job sitting on the bench with the Lions for the NFL league minimum is better than my unemployment.  For that money, I could sit on a bench.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Best job in the NFL---back up quarterback!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

So 4 teams put in waiver claims on him when he was cut, yet we did not trade him for anything?  Could we not even get a 7th rd draft pick?  I know he hasn't proven squat, but Riess has a point that with 4 teams making waiver claims on him, there might have been a market.

Maybe BB wanted this guy to go to h$ll.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

O'Connell has pretty much looked lost, out there, to me and I'm sure BB sees a lot more than I do. So this isn't surprising.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Even a job sitting on the bench with the Lions for the NFL league minimum is better than my unemployment.  For that money, I could sit on a bench.

I'd hold a clipboard in Detroit for $100K a year, and that's a lot less than the league minimum!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lexlib. Show lexlib's posts

imagine if the Pats drafted Tebow. my oh my.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The NFL Cosmic Crapshoot continues. I wish O Connell well.

Strong arm, great runner, and instead of killing dogs he circumcises babies in South America. Such is Tebow. Will be a better athlete than QB, like Michael Vick for example.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

O'Connell was a wasted draft pick - especially when factoring in the fact that so many teams were willing to pick him up yet we got no compensation.  That and the horrible D make me wonder if Belichick is taking on too much responsibility without the support anymore.

You think the Pats would draft Tebow?  You're crazy.  There is no way 32 teams are going to pass on him in round 1.  Given that, you don't trade a Matt Cassel if you're looking to replace the starter in the next 2 or 3 years.  The timing is a bit off with Cassel but drafting Tebow is too soon for this team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

it would be a waste of a pick on tebow.sure he looks great,but brady will be playing for another 6-7 yrs.and then you have a no,1 pick with big money contract rideing the bench behind brady.sure it would be great to have that good qb there if needed,but there are good back-up qb,s now that can do the back-up role.