The 33rd pick

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Re: The 33rd pick

I seriously doubt we'll draft someone there.  We should already have picked two players and some team will over pay to have a shot of who's best of those left.  I bet we drop 8-12 spots and pick up a 2012 2nd and still get the player Bill wants.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Bill will definitely turn the #33 pick into a fiirst round pick in 2012. "In Bill We Trust!!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

It's really amazing to watch BB work the draft board. He has control of the entire draft if he wins the Super bowl this year,cause after watching Carolina lose tonight they are a lock for the number 1 pick in the draft. My guess is that BB will entertain trade offers for all three of his early picks and he will trade at least one of them and gain an advantage for the 2012 draft in the process as well as garnering another pick in the 2011 draft. I don't know for a certainty what his plans are but he has options...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

The 12 hours or so between the 32nd and 33rd pick really makes this pick special.  BB will get the absolute best out of this one.

I expect a mid 2011 2nd and a 2012 1st rounder.

There's no way we use this pick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

NO WAY DOES A TEAM GIVE UP IT'S 1ST NEXT YEAR & IT'S 2ND THIS YEAR FOR THE 33 SPOT....WAY TOO STEEP....i SAY MAYBE A 1ST NEXT YEAR WITH A 4TH THIS YEAR BUT NO BETTER, PROBABLY EVEN LESS

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moorepatsfan54. Show moorepatsfan54's posts

If he trades any pick it will be their first round (not oaklands) pick for a third or fourth and a future first. They will keep that first second rounder because they really can do their do diligence in twenty hours in making that selection. To me this would make me more upset then trading down that Oakland pick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: The 33rd pick:
    [QUOTE]The question is what is the difference in value for our first round pick, number 32 and the Panthers pick at number 33.  Will some team fear an overnight trade they cannot match and overpay us for the 32nd pick?
    Posted by Geographer91[/QUOTE]

This is an interesting question.

If some team's guy is sitting there at 32 . . .  let's just assume the Pats win the Super Bowl, shall we Cool With a night off between rounds and trade scenarios dancing like sugarplums in gerneral managers' heads, it seems likely enough that a team could decide to go all-in for a player . . .   but at the end of the first round, who would that be? Maybe if somebody like Cam Newton is still sitting there, you could see some movement.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

The fun of following the Patriots on draft day(s)......lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Keeping tabs on Carolina draft pick

December, 24, 2010
    The Carolina Panthers lost 27-3 last night to the Pittsburgh Steelers, a result that has a trickle-down effect on the Patriots. The Patriots own the Panthers' 2011 second-round draft choice, so the result strengthens the likelihood that the pick will be at the top of the round, 33rd overall.

The Panthers are 2-13, which is the worst record in the NFL. Their only "challengers" for the top pick are the Broncos (3-11) and Bengals (3-11).

Here is a look at the remaining schedules for those three teams:

Panthers: at Atlanta
    Broncos: vs. Houston; vs. San Diego
    Bengals: vs. San Diego; at Baltimore

So barring an upset, the Patriots will have the 33rd overall draft pick.

The original draft-day trade was a 2010 third-round pick (89th overall) in exchange for a 2011 second-rounder, so by waiting one year the team improves its position 56 spots.

This looks like a steal, especially when considering the Panthers selected quarterback-turned-receiver Armanti Edwards with the 89th overall pick. Edwards has played in two games this season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

[QUOTE]If he trades any pick it will be their first round (not oaklands) pick for a third or fourth and a future first. They will keep that first second rounder because they really can do their do diligence in twenty hours in making that selection. To me this would make me more upset then trading down that Oakland pick.
    Posted by moorepatsfan54[/QUOTE]

There is no due diligence, that work has already been done. What happens is that the pick increases in value because people really get a handle on a valuable player who has dropped or have time to think about that player they would like to have. Chances are teams are willing to offer more for that pick sitting over night than they would otherwise making it the ultimate trade bait. It's an opportunity to get more than that pick is worth (in paper terms anyway - if you draft a star player the argument is pretty moot)

For for a dealer like BB always looking to give now for more later it looks like a nice opportunity to do so. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

Heres to getting the 32nd and 33rd Pick This year!!!!! Lets go Pats!

Lets get Xmas over with so we can clinch!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

More so this upcoming draft than ever b4 Rocky

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]More so this upcoming draft than ever b4 Rocky
    Posted by irishfanatic[/QUOTE]

I think I will like the 3 day format more this year.....I like the idea that it will be a couple hours Thurs and Fri night and a couple of hours on Sat.   Lots of time for the Patriots to wheel and deal!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Because the 32nd pick is the lack pick of the day, it's essentially an unlimited time limit pick. They can feel free to look for the best offer before making the selection or trading it. That could be a huge advantage as well for the Pats.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

who knows what they will do but one thing to keep in mind is that the rookie salary scale will be in place in all likeyhood so to have three guys picked in the first 33 draft slots playing for peanuts would be idea for the Pats............

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I like your thinking Kyle.  I could see BB trading both 32 (late 1st round) and 33 for a 2012 1st and 2011 2nd.

That gives us 4 2's in 2011 just like 2 years ago (and we know how BB loves that valve) and 3 1's in 2012.........How F'in sick would that be????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

we don't have pick 33 and 34.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

[QUOTE]NO WAY DOES A TEAM GIVE UP IT'S 1ST NEXT YEAR & IT'S 2ND THIS YEAR FOR THE 33 SPOT....WAY TOO STEEP....i SAY MAYBE A 1ST NEXT YEAR WITH A 4TH THIS YEAR BUT NO BETTER, PROBABLY EVEN LESS
    Posted by dmcpatsfan[/QUOTE]

I think it's going to happen.  

In a 2003 draft-day trade with NE, the Ravens traded up to pick #19 in order to select Kyle Boller in exchange for their 2nd round pick in 2003 and their 1st rounder in 2004.

If a team wants a coveted player at #33, a team will make that trade.  In alot of ways the #33 overall is similar in value to about a #24 IMO due to the 12 hours or so before that pick is made.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rdf63. Show rdf63's posts

The 33rd pick

I want some feedback on this idea: Patriots trade the Oakland pick this year for:
    2012 1st round pick
    2013 2nd round pick
    2014 2nd round pick

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to The 33rd pick:
    [QUOTE]I want some feedback on this idea: Patriots trade the Oakland pick this year for: 2012 1st round pick 2013 2nd round pick 2014 2nd round pick
    Posted by rdf63[/QUOTE]

I would rather see them get a 2011 2nd round pick instead of 2013....It is a deep draft!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

The 33rd pick.....of the season for Peyton Manning by Devin McCourty  he's at the 10, the 5 TOUCHDOWN PATRIOTS a pick 6 in this divisional playoff game for DEV IN Mc COUR TY

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I have to say u guys are getting as off base as when we were trading Cassel.  I remember dreams of a 1st and 3rd and crap like that.  Trading Oak out of this draft is silly.  We have TB for 5 more years, maybe slightly more.  Lets get all the pieces we need to dominate that time and keep us set for the future.  Yes I see us trading one or more of our draft picks.  But it is recockulous to think 33 is worth the same as 24.  Teams will NOT offer a 2nd this year and a 1st next for that pick.  Nor for our 1st at 32.  Keep our fun draft dreams based somewhat in reality. 

25. This post has been removed.