The Back-up QB Plan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: the back-up plan

im hopeing not,but it is confuseing that they wait till now to do this.not saying there is more wrong with brady,but that they are not takeing any chance,s.but we havent heard on brady,s injury,but by a networks source.im thinking brady is fine,and beleiveing he is fine.but the timing on all this is confuseing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

In Response to Re: the back-up plan:
    [QUOTE] In Response to Re: the back-up plan : It tells me that Brady is probably fine if your gonna cut the next longest tenured Qb on the team. There has to be a character issue with Oconnel. You dont cut a guy in week 3 of pre if he su cks. You try and dangle him in front of a team like KC or somebody. Maybe he thought he was better then he is and asked for release or pulled a sh it fit. Doesn't matter now. I remember a few long balls Walter threw to Moss in Oak maybe thats the plan. GULP!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE] this could be true.it seems funny though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

[QUOTE]im hopeing not,but it is confuseing that they wait till now to do this.not saying there is more wrong with brady,but that they are not takeing any chance,s.but we havent heard on brady,s injury,but by a networks source.im thinking brady is fine,and beleiveing he is fine.but the timing on all this is confuseing.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE] I dont think the eagles will take less then a third.possibly a second if there is a bidding war from the other teams interested in him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the back-up plan : what would get me is,if the cheifs sign him,they will have all the pats back-ups.to funny.and if the cheifs were intreasted in o-connell,and the pats thigpin,they could have just traded them to each other.or maybe cassel is more hurt then showing,and the pats brass are doing pioli a favor,who knows.I guess we will in time. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/30/pats-dump-kevin-oconnell/
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]  A favor for pioli?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/30/mcl-ankle-sprains-for-cassel/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the back-up plan : I dont think the eagles will take less then a third.possibly a second if there is a bidding war from the other teams interested in him.
    Posted by Vladtheimpaler1[/QUOTE]
     if there is a bidding war it could be a pick like a second rd.that could be to much.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the back-up plan :  if there is a bidding war it could be a pick like a second rd.that could be to much.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

If we trade a 2nd round pick for AJ feely it would be pure desperation which would mean the unthinkable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

i agree.im sure there are more reasonable QB,s if this is what they are looking for.feely is a very good possibility,and the pats,and eagles do a lot of tradeing with one another.plus its still a possibility of greise.sure he isnt a fan favorite here,but a possibility.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

Re: The Back-up QB Plan

damon huard. you heard it here first.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

yes he could be also a possibility. he knows the system.so these three are my possibilities.

feely,huard,greise

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: The Back-up QB Plan:
    [QUOTE]damon huard. you heard it here first.
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

I said that as well.(before you sucka just kidding) He does have to get released first but I heard he is a candidate for us.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Pats would never toss O'Connell this early unless 2 out of the next 3 are true:

1.  Walter impressed enough that someone said, "Let's keep him this year".  Note that Walter didn't play this week.  He's still in PTSD therapy from his Oakland days.

2.  Hoyer impressed enough to stick with the 53 man squad,

3.  Edelman can serve as an emergency quarterback in addition to his other various duties.

Actually O'Connell could have gotten tossed all by his lonesome for something dumb like beating up his wife.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]We may see them go with just 2 QBs ...
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]They will have 3 QB's on this roster Julian Edelman is a QB by training,he spent 4 yrs at Kent State honing his skills!Whose to say that he won't get a shot at being the back up....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

The Eagles have a desperate need for a TE.  We will likely cut at least one, maybe two.  I thought O'Connell digressed a bit from last year.  Isn't that one of BB's cardinal sins?  Thou shall show some improvement from year to year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Denver needs a WR and the Pats are loaded with #5 WRs (but Denver doesn't have a spare QB).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats would never toss O'Connell this early unless 2 out of the next 3 are true: 1.  Walter impressed enough that someone said, "Let's keep him this year".  Note that Walter didn't play this week.  He's still in PTSD therapy from his Oakland days. 2.  Hoyer impressed enough to stick with the 53 man squad, 3.  Edelman can serve as an emergency quarterback in addition to his other various duties. Actually O'Connell could have gotten tossed all by his lonesome for something dumb like beating up his wife.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE] well they are either playing cat,and mouse with the injury report,or brady may miss the season opener.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss _pieces/2009/08/tom_brady_leave.html

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the back-up plan : Its a little scary that all of a sudden we are looking for veteran Qbs who have starting experience. Maybe we cut Kevin because of some bad news on Bradys shoulder. Im confused. This blows!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/30/pats-feeling-feeley/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antleite. Show antleite's posts

the back-up QB plan . . . take the castaways from team trimming down their rosters in preparation for the season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the back-up plan : http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/30/pats-feeling-feeley/
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE] here are the latest rumors.

http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

I hope cutting O'Connell is an indication that they like Hoyer.  I'd like to see Hoyer play a lot against the Giants this Thursday, as I feel that would be great final exam for him to take at the end of the preseason.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

hoyer seems to have a lot of upside to him,but then again we have felt that way with many,and they are gone.its the ones we dont feel strong about who suceed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

I think both feely,or huard are the most likely.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]I think both feely,or huard are the most likely.
    Posted by Vladtheimpaler1[/QUOTE]

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/2374/peace-of-mind-defines-belichicks-backup-plan

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xavyre. Show xavyre's posts

I hear that both Flutie and Grogan are putting feelers out that they might be interested in a comeback...Seriously though, we have Edelman. We're fine.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FargoLovesLeon. Show FargoLovesLeon's posts

Who the F is Andrew Walter?
    How's what's his name knee and now his shoulder??Your boy is showing his age.

Your well thought out and eloquently written posts are always welcome!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

could you please tell me who edelman is?i forgot you didnt either until we drafted him.the only problem is,he wont cut it as a QB.