The Belichick Effect

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

The Belichick Effect

thats a catchy name!one thing you can say about BB,and the pats,you dont know what they are gonna do from one minute to the next.they can show no interest in a player,then bam! he is signed,or traded for.they can say they are happy with the players they have,and bam! a player is gone.rather you try and figure out what the pats do on,and off the feild will drive other teams crazy,not to mention us fans.you have to wonder what the 2009 pats will be like.they are already saying this training camp will be more physical then the ones before.players will be comeing,and going up to the time of the season opener,and im wondering who our 53 players will be?out side our starters.for nothing is set in stone until then.
    here is a peice this writer wrote.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12015087

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: The Belichick Effect

they can show no interest in a player,then bam! he is signed.

I hope by this statement you are not alluding they may sign Michael Vick! I think Mr. Kraft made it pretty clear (being totally PC, apparently, and not mentioning reasons we suspect may he may have) his stand on that matter. But you are correct in the idea in general. Belichick is not one to go "courting" any player in the media, such as the Vikings were doing with Favre. He speaks well of any player if he mentions them at all, then gives a noncommittal comment on if he would be interested in signing the guy. Although it's fun sometimes to speculate on what the team will look like this time of year, there may well be numerous changes by the time they take the field in the Buffalo game week one! But while his moves may have us scratching our heads over and over, his track record proves he knows a hell of a lot better than we do (and most of the other personnel guys in the league). I also find it quite amusing what the "experts" (and I use that term very loosely) in the media think about what he will do next! That is usually good for a few laughs every year. Hopefully what's being stated is true. They need the DBs to be more aggressive on the LOS, and also a tougher pass rush. I'm hopeful about the additions to the defense this offseason. They seem to have a good mix of veterans and younger guys. I believe both Merriweather and Mayo will one day be mentioned amongst guys like LT (the real one, not the crybaby in SD), Singletary, Blount, and good old Rodney! Both Butler and Chung have the potential to be excellent players, and a future which could produce more Lombardi Trophies for the team. As much as some people hate the guy, it can't be denied that Bill is one of (if not the) best coaches to ever walk a sideline!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

this has nothing to do with vick,but that with BB keeping everyone guessing.what he,or the pats will do.im not exspecting vick to be with the pats,or with my personal feelings of not wanting him here,but in hine sight i wont,or dont know what the pats will do either.you cant rule out anything when it comes with BB,and the pats.from peppers to burgess,vick,brooks,mcginest ect.sure all are unlikely,but its not set in stone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I didn't think you were meaning Vick. You have been one of those who has enough sense to realize signing him would be a mistake...on several levels. I think this virtue is why a lot of people despise Bill. He deals with the media like politicians deal with questions about specific issues. Then when he makes a move those morons think he was BSing them from the beginning. Which I suppose is true in a way, but I think the reality is that he ponders everything before he makes his move. What might not make sense today could be the way to go tomorrow. Just like his gameplanning, this type of "ad-libbing" is what makes him so successful!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I agree with what you just said. I have scratched my head a few times on Pats decisions on personnel and in the end thw=ey usually work out. Thats why I use the phrase, like a lot of Pats fans do, "in Bill I trust" 

Go Pats!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I have scratched my head a few times on Pats decisions on personnel and in the end thw=ey usually work out.

Join the club! That's why I'm so glad he has the job he does, and not one of the geniuses here (myself included)!!!