the best afc east receiver tandems/depth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the best afc east receiver tandems/depth

this guy thinks the bills owens,and evans have the edge over the pats moss,and welker.and he thinks the pats lack depth at receiver.lewis i can understand,but gallowway is proven.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-8-80/A-preseason-ranking-of-AFC-East-receivers.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Re: the best afc east receiver tandems/depth

With Owens and Evans, the Bills definitely have a big edge in blabbering.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Didn't know TWO receivers give a team an egde, Moss!  How about all the rest of them?  Plus they fail to add the most important ingredient, Tom Brady is throwing to our folks!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Brady spreads the ball around to eight or ten receivers in a game.  That's what drives opponents crazy.  Teams with two targets are better than teams with zero, but both targets can be shaded if not doubled up, forcing a QB to look for his other options.  In Buffalo's case, Trent Edwards won't be all that comfortable looking for a #3 read while getting an offensive lineman pushed back into his lap.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I read that story and Buffalo has Hardy and Reed to go along with Cribbs as the back-up WR's not too mention Roscoe Parrish to go along with Owens and Evans,but their running game isn't going to be anywhere's near as good as the Patriots and their O-line is in a state of flux,not to mention a young QB all these parts added up would lead me to think the Patriots recieving corps is just a little better than the Bills.You can argue these type of questions all day long and usually noone wins the arguement.I like the Patriots recieving corps as a whole when you include all the functioning parts,TE's,O-line,RB's and the QB,I'll take my chances with #12 and his guys as being better than Edwards and his crew.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Not to mention they lost their best OL to Philly...and didn't replace him in the draft. They could have TO and Evans and Boldin and Fitzgerald in Buffalo, but if Edwards is on his a r s e most of the game they won't win much! Plus, like ascbill said, NE has Brady. With #12 tossing the rock you have to multiply any WR by 2!!! In any case, who is this moron, anyway? He covered the 1-15 Fins, and before that hockey and boxing.....in Buffalo! That's like asking an Indystar writer who is better, Brady or Manning! I'd say for the top pair regardless of QB it's pretty close. TO does have a slight edge on Moss for TDs (although TO didn't have to play with a back up QB). But Welker makes more catches than anyone in the NFL. Those 8-10 yard first down catches are as valuable as the long bombs. It eats the clock, and you know they're going to score at the end. You could probably argue it either way. We'll see who has the better year, though. My money is on NE. I'm dying to see how TO will react if (when) Edwards can't get him the ball 15 times a game! One more drawback for Buffalo, TO has the most drops in the league over the last few years, too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]Not to mention they lost their best OL to Philly...and didn't replace him in the draft. They could have TO and Evans and Boldin and Fitzgerald in Buffalo, but if Edwards is on his a r s e most of the game they won't win much! Plus, like ascbill said, NE has Brady. With #12 tossing the rock you have to multiply any WR by 2!!! In any case, who is this moron, anyway? He covered the 1-15 Fins, and before that hockey and boxing.....in Buffalo! That's like asking an Indystar writer who is better, Brady or Manning! I'd say for the top pair regardless of QB it's pretty close. TO does have a slight edge on Moss for TDs (although TO didn't have to play with a back up QB). But Welker makes more catches than anyone in the NFL. Those 8-10 yard first down catches are as valuable as the long bombs. It eats the clock, and you know they're going to score at the end. You could probably argue it either way. We'll see who has the better year, though. My money is on NE. I'm dying to see how TO will react if (when) Edwards can't get him the ball 15 times a game! One more drawback for Buffalo, TO has the most drops in the league over the last few years, too.
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

if we're looking at stats:
    Lee Evans, 63 catches, 1017 yards, 3 TDs
    Terrell Owens, 69 catches, 1052 yards, 10 TDs
    Josh Reed, 56 catches, 597 yards, 1 TD
    Roscoe Parrish, 24 catches, 232, 1 TD
    Derek Fine, 10 catches, 94 yards, 1 TD
    Derek Shouman, 15 catches, 153 yards, 1 TD
    Shawn Nelson, rookie
    Marshawn Lynch, 47 catches, 300 yards, 1 TD
    Fred Jackson, 37 catches, 317 yards, 0 TDs

Wes Welker, 111 catches, 1165 yards, 3 TDs
    Randy Moss, 69 catches, 1008 yards, 11 TDs
    Joey Galloway, 13 catches, 138 yards, 0 TDs
    Greg Lewis, 19 catches, 247 yards, 1 TD
    Chris Baker, 21 catches, 194 yards, 0 TDs
    Alex Smith, 21 catches, 250 yards, 3 TDs
    Ben Watson, 22 catches, 209 yards, 2 TDs
    Sammy Morris, 17 catches, 161 yards, 0 TDs
    Kevin Faulk, 58 caatches, 486 yards, 3 TDs

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

AGC has got it right - A receiver is only as good as the QB tossing him the ball.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]AGC has got it right - A receiver is only as good as the QB tossing him the ball.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

And a QB is only as good as his ability to use the time given to him by his blockers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]And a QB is only as good as his ability to use the time given to him by his blockers.
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]

I think the Patriots have the edge in both scenarios, the OL and the skill of Tom Brady to evade the pressure. It will certainly be interesting to watch the two games against the Bills this season. Both Moss and TO will surely want to show the other up. They are both ultra competitive guys and I expect them to be pumped up for these head to head matchups. Especially after the "other #81" comment from TO. I have no doubt this guy will improve Buffalo...at least in 09. The question is when will he start his usual shenanigans? Edwards (and Jauron) had better be prepared to deal with this "problem child". But if they get off to a bad start there may be some friction even this season, though usually TO is quiet in his first year on a team. In any event, the addition of TO does not seem (to me, at least) to be enough for them to surpass the Patriots.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]And a QB is only as good as his ability to use the time given to him by his blockers.
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]

Equally as true Kyle.  My point is amended.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]I think the Patriots have the edge in both scenarios, the OL and the skill of Tom Brady to evade the pressure. It will certainly be interesting to watch the two games against the Bills this season. Both Moss and TO will surely want to show the other up. They are both ultra competitive guys and I expect them to be pumped up for these head to head matchups. Especially after the "other #81" comment from TO. I have no doubt this guy will improve Buffalo...at least in 09. The question is when will he start his usual shenanigans? Edwards (and Jauron) had better be prepared to deal with this "problem child". But if they get off to a bad start there may be some friction even this season, though usually TO is quiet in his first year on a team. In any event, the addition of TO does not seem (to me, at least) to be enough for them to surpass the Patriots.
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

They'll be a slight difference between Moss and TO. Moss won't care if he catches the winning TD as long as the game is won. He may want to out do TO but he'll swallow his pride for a victory. TO on the other hand will demand the ball even if he has triple coverage and will pout on the sidelines if he's not the center of attention. We vs. Me

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]this guy thinks the bills owens,and evans have the edge over the pats moss,and welker.and he thinks the pats lack depth at receiver.lewis i can understand,but gallowway is proven. http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-8-80/A-preseason-ranking-of-AFC-East-receivers.html
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

The mistake here is in reading ESPN in the first place.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

the major difference between moss and TO is that  moss doesn't drop as many balls in a season as TO will drop in one game. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

We win the opener by 30+.  That make our TEAM better then there's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]the major difference between moss and TO is that  moss doesn't drop as many balls in a season as TO will drop in one game. 
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

That and the fact that Moss has always gotten along with his teammates. He may have slacked off in Oakland, but he certainly didn't divide the locker room the way TO has in all three cities he's played for.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

WR's are only as good as the QB throwing the ball to them.  Therefore, the Moss and Welker are easily the best tandem.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

One minor problem. The Bills have Trent Edwards and the Pats have Tom Brady. You know alot does depend on who is throwing ball and reading the defenses.