THE BIG GAMBLE DOESN'T PAY OFF, WHAT YOU DO NEXT IS "MOST" IMPORTANT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

THE BIG GAMBLE DOESN'T PAY OFF, WHAT YOU DO NEXT IS "MOST" IMPORTANT

We take chances everyday, some you win, and some you don't.  The thing that decides your ultimate success is what you do after the fact.  The most successful people in life have a back up plan to impement in the event of such a debacle.  Jump out of a plane without a back up parachute, your asking for trouble.  Unfortunately for the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS and their fans, this is exactly what coach BILL BELICHICK did on Sunday night.  He either failed to execute his "backup plan", or didn't think one was needed (due to prior success rates).

While I reserve the right to question the play calling, poor execution, accuracy of the QB and choice of targets @ critical junctures throughout the game, that preceed the infamous 4th & 2 call, I don't and won't question the DECISION to go for it at all.  I understand it 100%.  I'm an ALPHA MALE and when I compete, I play to win.  I take chances and when I have the opportunity to absolutely crush and humiliate a rival (within the construct of the rules etc...), I won't hesitate.  If I can take his heart in front of his power base to set the stage for future contests, I'll do it.  So, I understand the COACH's decision to go for it.  I support him 100%.

Unfortunately, as the sideline judge begins to motion up & down with his hands as he's running in with an absolutely ridiculous spot, indicating that Mr. Clutch has come up short of the 1st down, the hopes of victory for the PATRIOT NATION are plummeting to earth from 10,000 ft.  Is hope wearing a chute? If so, does it work? If not, do we have a backup chute?  Does it work?  Moments later, that question would be answered as the Colts begin their methodical march to victory.  Hope hit the ground traveling well over 150mph as our defense tackled Adai at the 1yd line with 1:13 remaining on the clock.  Allowing the clock to run down to less than 20 seconds before striking the final blow, HOPE was pronounced dead with 13 seconds remaining on the game clock. 

It is normal after such a "tragedy", to cast all kinds of dispersions regarding the cause such an upsetting event.  We blame everyone but those directly responsible.  The ultimate responsibility for every COACHING STAFF is to put their teams in the BEST possible position to win the game.  The PATRIOTS COACHING STAFF failed to do this on Sunday night.  Past laurels are irrevelant to this discussion.  They are recognized and appreciated.  This is about a "single moment in time" where the usually reliable and practically flawless, failed.  It's that plain and simple.  Failure to have a backup plan or failure to implement one is the SOLE REASON for NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS' loss to the Colts...

**VIDEO SUPPORT**
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8143b6c2/NFL-GameDay-Patriots-vs-Colts-highlights

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATMAN81. Show PATMAN81's posts

Re: THE BIG GAMBLE DOESN'T PAY OFF, WHAT YOU DO NEXT IS "MOST" IMPORTANT

Nice read.  Your bravery should be reward.  Want to borrow and umbrella?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ladamien. Show Ladamien's posts

All I want for Christmas is Laurence Maroney fired and Larry Jhonson hired.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ladamien. Show Ladamien's posts

guess since he is a Bengal ..just fing fire Laurence Maroney