the BIG O is no mo.. ANYONE else cares?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: the BIG O is no mo.. ANYONE else cares?

I said $20-$30 million under. 

The rest of your drivel is pure nonsense

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

I said $20-$30 million under. 

The rest of your drivel is pure nonsense

See, whenever I type more than you, to lay out what's transpired, you quickly reply with a deflectionary attempt and try to use big boy words like "drivel". Me having you pegged without any real clues other than my own intuition is a skill, it's not drivel whatsoever. You're just embarrassed about being so wrong.

And, your thread title specifically said "30 million". I can find it and bump it if need be.

If anything, you're backpedaling now by throwing in the 20 to cover yourself in fear you will lose.

Once people challenged your preposterous premise, you realized how dumb it sounded, apparently.

How's this? I won't even hold you to your own bet because I feel sorry for you at this point. You're making up being a millionaire, having multiple degrees from prestigious colleges, etc.

It's sad, really.

I think with Smith, Smith, Pace and Scott, and their carryover they are already $7 million under. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

The big O is one of two things.  One is inappropriate for this site.  The other is Oscar Robertson.  There are no others. 

I hear that UD! it's like this ridiculous habit of calling Ladanian Tomlinson "LT"

there is one LT and one only! So there!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

One of the region's more intelligent sports voices of the last 30 years. I remember when he went back to the Jerry Williams and political days on WRKO.

Very smart guy.  I'd be surprised if he didn't get a gig pretty quickly. He also has a good "radio voice", which is important.  He's always been very fair and thorough, always getting to the core of the topic.   Really, he was the only reason to listen to WEEI, IMO.

What's embarrassing for Boston is that the Felger/Mazz show is getting his ratings, because of 98.5/The Globe's business model, which is more about targeting the teenie bopper-35 year old dumbo market.  Congrats to the morons who listen to Felger/Mazz. 

Well, congrats. The dumbing down of America continues. That's what this means.

why someone with a 152 IQ would so easily fall for and propagate media stereotyping/labelling like a mindless parrot is hard to fathom...one would think someone with so high an intelligence quotient (and love of self) would be able to discern this and be more objective and have a deeper perspective

then again ur nothing but a stereotype too so maybe it's no sur[rise after all

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I grew very tired of his radio thuggery years ago - between blowing up callers, Deossie threatening to meet guys in parking lots and Smerlas yelling at callers...glad it's done. Should of been gone years ago, and once they faced real competition it was. The other guy Pete "the meat" Sheppard was another fool that got ousted years ago. I won't miss them pumping Davios, or their cigar shops either. These three clowns even got their Patriot season tickets revoked when they started charging another 600 bucks for their New England tailgate parties by including a ticket in the package. And I'll never forget Steve Deossie's act after the Giants beat us in the Super Bowl, yet there he was back on Glenn's show in the fall. The good old boy network ends Friday.

There is a reason why people stopped listening.

I agree with that, but that was still better than listening to your buddy's whiny girly voice and each other's incessant babbling like two hyenas on cocaine.

Just absolutely awful.

They should have just changed the format for Ordway and gotten the DeOssie/Smerlas self promotional group out of there.

Jason Wolfe runs things at WEEI, not Ordway.  Fact is, the younger generations in the Boston area are naive and baitable and they like that from Felger and Mazz, which is scary.

We basically have Felger/Mazz minions age, 30 and under, running around mirroring their anti-BB garbage. Or, sadly, older people like you.  lol

No and I agree, Felger and Mazz are overrated and will surely hit the skids some day (probably much much sooner than Ordway). Ordway is a very talented radio host - he has an outstanding voice for radio and rarely makes a mistake...on talent alone, no one can touch him. It's just the rudeness he has that ruins it. For years I listened to his show - and really I did it because there was nothing else on for sports - it got to the point where I just didn't listen to anything at all because I couldn't stand the three of them anymore. To me, all three of them are the bullies you couldn't stand growing up, except they carried it into adulthood and made a fortune off of it. Glad it's over, and I'm shocked it lasted that long.

The sad part is I don't mind his show when it's just him and Holley - in fact I think they could of unseated Mazz and company easily in time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

I think the ratings for 98.5 have more to do with the dislike of the big show than anything having to do with Felger or Mazz.

Espn smells blood. 

And many here think you're very dumb.  98.5 copied what ESPN did. As has the Globe. I said this here in 2009 when Mazz came over from the Globe.  It's hilarious that I have to spell this out for you.

Here's what happened,  RKrap:

1. 2007. Spygate. BB was already hated by the media.  The witch hunt is perpetuated by the Jets, Goodell allows it to flourish, Pats get strung up for 8 months behind lies, the Herald goes for the jugular, ESPN makes millions off of lies, has a live Walsh tape display that shows edited tapes which clearly corroborates everything BB has said, and they lie some more.

What does this provide? Major ratings dollars.  The more they perpetuate the rhetoric, the what ifs, etc, the more the sensationalist "journalism" makes them money.

2. In 2009, the NY Times, desperate for money like all the others in a fledgling industry, decide to change how the Globe works. Many writers move on, retire, they go through a dozen editors due to cost cutting measures and they start asking their writers to become sensationalists. The Boston Herald then becoems the more legit paper in this town. The Herald aligns with WEEI, the Globe takes the ESPN model under NY Times orders, and 98.5 unfolds.

3. In 2009, if you remeber, the onslaught via the Globe unfolded. They hired kids like Chris Gasper, who have ZERO experience, alongside Shalize Manza-Young, to be our lead Pats beatwriters. Super! Why? Because they were being told how to cover the Pats. Bashing BB at every turn, instead of being honest, is what makes money. Complimenting BB is seen as a non-moneymaker.  ESPN found this out by 2006 with the national market sick and tired of hearing about how great the Pats are. Remember Albie Breer?  The guy went out of his way to bash BB at every turn to the point he had to have Daddy get him a new job somewhere else. It's still fascintating to me he how get one at NFLN.

Explain how arguably the best sports town with arguably the premier organization by the lead newspaper in this town grants the fans Chris Gasper and Shalize Manza Young?  A little odd, isn't it?

Dan Shaugnessy now knows football?  Why is Ian Rappaport a MUCH, MUCH better beatwriter at the normally lame Herald? Since when did the Herald get better writers than the Globe?  2009. Hmm. 

Hey, wasn't the Herald the paper that had a writer who didn't corroborate the walkthrough tape to the point they could have been bankrupted if Kraft sued? Gee, no wonder why the Herald is fair now in analyzing the Pats, while the Globe sees a way to use it to their advantage.

Mazz left the Herald because he could make more money being whiny, bald and lazy talking about more than just baseball. Super. The guy knows NOTHING about football and all of a sudden because the Globe wants to copy ESPN and go after BB for money, Tony Mazzy signs on with the Globe and gets a radio show as a sell out.  SUper! What "journalism"!

It's amazing how dumb you are that you don't know how the business works that you actually have a career in.

PARANOIA THE DESTROYER

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I grew very tired of his radio thuggery years ago - between blowing up callers, Deossie threatening to meet guys in parking lots and Smerlas yelling at callers...glad it's done. Should of been gone years ago, and once they faced real competition it was. The other guy Pete "the meat" Sheppard was another fool that got ousted years ago. I won't miss them pumping Davios, or their cigar shops either. These three clowns even got their Patriot season tickets revoked when they started charging another 600 bucks for their New England tailgate parties by including a ticket in the package. And I'll never forget Steve Deossie's act after the Giants beat us in the Super Bowl, yet there he was back on Glenn's show in the fall. The good old boy network ends Friday.

There is a reason why people stopped listening.

I agree with that, but that was still better than listening to your buddy's whiny girly voice and each other's incessant babbling like two hyenas on cocaine.

Just absolutely awful.

They should have just changed the format for Ordway and gotten the DeOssie/Smerlas self promotional group out of there.

Jason Wolfe runs things at WEEI, not Ordway.  Fact is, the younger generations in the Boston area are naive and baitable and they like that from Felger and Mazz, which is scary.

We basically have Felger/Mazz minions age, 30 and under, running around mirroring their anti-BB garbage. Or, sadly, older people like you.  lol

No and I agree, Felger and Mazz are overrated and will surely hit the skids some day (probably much much sooner than Ordway). Ordway is a very talented radio host - he has an outstanding voice for radio and rarely makes a mistake...on talent alone, no one can touch him. It's just the rudeness he has that ruins it. For years I listened to his show - and really I did it because there was nothing else on for sports - it got to the point where I just didn't listen to anything at all because I couldn't stand the three of them anymore. To me, all three of them are the bullies you couldn't stand growing up, except they carried it into adulthood and made a fortune off of it. Glad it's over, and I'm shocked it lasted that long.

The sad part is I don't mind his show when it's just him and Holley - in fact I think they could of unseated Mazz and company easily in time.

I have to admit, your concise and articulate thoughts are shocking to read. 

I will say I never got the "Ordway is a bully" concept that you're talking about at all.   It has to be somewhat difficult to take calls when many calls are morons wasting everyone's time.  I blame that more on the producer than I do Ordway, though.   If you came with your homework done, were articulate and made a point ,you'd be fine. If you were some sort of a stumblebum moron, he'd cut you off, thankfully. I have no issue with that. 

Agree that it was a club of sorts for he, DeOssie (he enjoyed talking about his son more than anything) and Smerlas (the propping up of their restaurant was embarrassing) to sort of promote themselves than it was about anything else.

But, Ordway, to me, is an instituion in talk radio in Boston.  He's really good at hosting a show.

I think he cut off more than just the bumbling morons, he'd cut off anyone that didn't agree with him (or the thug co hosts) - now he wouldn't necessarily "blow them up", but they sure wouldn't get a word in and that to me was bully behavior. I also didn't like the bragging about their rating for years and years, when in actuality there was no other sport show in town. I didn't like the way they would make fun of Adelman either after he got canned - in fact they did that with anyone that didn't fit in at their station, to me that was ridicolous childish behavior.

I couldn't stand listening to them eat their free food while they were on the air...then have to listen to them describe what free food was delivered, before pitching the restaurant that would be allowing them to have free dinner and drinks later that night. The sound of those three fat slobs slapping their jowls with toasted raviolis as they blew up callers and talked over people became unbearable to listen to, so I stopped, just like many others.

Glenn with someone different (Holley) is a completely different experience - Glenn still has that edge and skill, but Holley makes it seem like he cares a bit. I think Holley will bomb with whoever else they put him with...they should of gave that show more time. They also should of never let Deossie back on that station...same with Smerlas.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

I think the ratings for 98.5 have more to do with the dislike of the big show than anything having to do with Felger or Mazz.

Espn smells blood. 

And many here think you're very dumb.  98.5 copied what ESPN did. As has the Globe. I said this here in 2009 when Mazz came over from the Globe.  It's hilarious that I have to spell this out for you.

1. 2007. Spygate. BB was already hated by the media.  The witch hunt is perpetuated by the Jets, Goodell allows it to flourish, Pats get strung up for 8 months behind lies, the Herald goes for the jugular, ESPN makes millions off of lies, has a live Walsh tape display that shows edited tapes which clearly corroborates everything BB has said, and they lie some more.

What does this provide? Major ratings dollars.  The more they perpetuate the rhetoric, the what ifs, etc, the more the sensationalist "journalism" makes them money.

2. In 2009, the NY Times, desperate for money like all the others in a fledgling industry, decide to change how the Globe works. Many writers move on, retire, they go through a dozen editors due to cost cutting measures and they start asking their writers to become sensationalists. The Boston Herald then becoems the more legit paper in this town. The Herald aligns with WEEI, the Globe takes the ESPN model under NY Times orders, and 98.5 unfolds.

3. In 2009, if you remeber, the onslaught via the Globe unfolded. They hired kids like Chris Gasper, who have ZERO experience, alongside Shalize Manza-Young, to be our lead Pats beatwriters. Super! Why? Because they were being told how to cover the Pats. Bashing BB at every turn, instead of being honest, is what makes money. Complimenting BB is seen as a non-moneymaker.  ESPN found this out by 2006 with the national market sick and tired of hearing about how great the Pats are. Remember Albie Breer?  The guy went out of his way to bash BB at every turn to the point he had to have Daddy get him a new job somewhere else. It's still fascintating to me he how get one at NFLN.

Explain how arguably the best sports town with arguably the premier organization by the lead newspaper in this town grants the fans Chris Gasper and Shalize Manza Young?  A little odd, isn't it?

Dan Shaugnessy now knows football?  Why is Ian Rappaport a MUCH, MUCH better beatwriter at the normally lame Herald? Since when did the Herald get better writers than the Globe?  2009. Hmm. 

Hey, wasn't the Herald the paper that had a writer who didn't corroborate the walkthrough tape to the point they could have been bankrupted if Kraft sued? Gee, no wonder why the Herald is fair now in analyzing the Pats, while the Globe sees a way to use it to their advantage.

Mazz left the Herald because he could make more money being whiny, bald and lazy talking about more than just baseball. Super. The guy knows NOTHING about football and all of a sudden because the Globe wants to copy ESPN and go after BB for money, Tony Mazzy signs on with the Globe and gets a radio show as a sell out.  SUper! What "journalism"!

It's amazing how dumb you are that you don't know how the business works that you actually have a career in.

PARANOIA THE DESTROYER

Ray Davies is a Pats fan!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Espn smells blood. 

I was not at ESPN at this time. In speaking with others who were, and are still at ESPN, you are 100% wrong. 99.9% of the people I interact with, other than ESPN local staff care less about the Pats, which include mid level management. To insinuate that senior management even knows who BB is is also simply false. Bluntly stated, they could care less about the Pats and BB. 

NY Times was mismanaged, plain and simple. The Globe was an asset to squeeze more money from, and the objective was to sell it. The senior writers could have stayed for less money, but many had other opportunities, so they left. 

To call any entitity like the Herald that is owned by Murdock/Fox "legit" is preposterous.. Try reading some of the non sports stories in the Herald and tell me they are fair and take the middle road

What you call bashing others call fair journalism. Even here at BDC, if anyone questions BB or comments on the Jets, you feel it is bashing. This is simply your warped mind at work. 

I was never a fan of Shalise. Gasper is a good journalist. Bedard is very, very good and eventually will move on to bigger venues. Breer, I will leave it as no comment. We have had issues in the past.

Murock has the pockets to litigate for the next 25 years. Litigation is publicity for Murdock. 

Mazz at one time was an excellent journalist. It was h is choice to enter into broadcast media. The broad scope of broadcast shows his weakness on non baseball topics, and has allowed him to mail it in. You have to understand however, he is now in the entertainment business, not the journalism business. His ratings are forcing him to not change, and to continue to float away from journalism to entertainment. 

I have been in and around the media scene here in New England for over 25 years. You couldn't be more wrong in your thoughts. You need to better understand journalism vs entertainment. Entertainment sells. Journalism is going broke quickly. 

Your conspiracy theories wreak of a sick mind. Never, ever has anyone I have met, worked with or observed from close up shown any bias for or against the Pats. I will say that back in the day (only 10 years ago or so) Felger and Curran were the first 2 to understand confrontation and contrarian are a form of entertainment. Even the ex players I have worked with, simply see it as a job. There is no bashing, no conspiracy at all. I will also comment that every ex player I have come across speaks of BB with admiration, respect and revere, but never any fondness, othre than y our favorite whipping boy Bruschi. I find it amazing how someone can be in Charlotte, never, ever in Boston, never ever having met or spoken with anyone even remotely related to entertainment or media can think they are so correct, yet are so wrong. I seriously think this is a demented mind at work. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I respectfully disagree with Rusty regarding Felger and Mazz.  That's a fun show to listen to and while you are well within your right to feel the way you do about the show and its hosts, I don't think that's anymore than just your opinion.  Honestly, I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that they love Tannenbaum and the job that he did.  Felger does subscribe to the "cap is cr@p" argument, but he didn't agree with WHERE the Jets spent their money.

I've been listening to them for the last couple years and it's a lot of fun.  Those guys don't take themselves so seriously that it becomes obnoxious.  They own up when players prove their initial views wrong and amend their thoughts.  They're not so hard-headed and plain old ignorant when it comes to their opinions and the opinions of callers. 

98.5 seems to be definitely on the cusp of taking over completely...if not already.  T&R in the morning are hilarious and again...they dont' take themselves so seriously and come off as ignorant jerks to their callers and the general audience...unlike D&C.  THe mid day show is a push for me...I like Mutt and Merloni, but if I want a bit more football, I go to Gresh and Zo.  I have no problem with either show.  I'm a fan of Michael Holley as well...but I just couldn't stand listening to Ordway and the other homers.  Again, mostly it's opinion and preference.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In response to stewart7557's comment:

I thought Ordway started out strong in the area, stabbed JMost in the back on his way up, and due to no competition, Ordway was king of the hill, treating his listeners to pompous attitude, lazy guests and general rudeness. The fact that mediocre talent like TMazz toppled EEi in the ratings, shows how little Ordway was liked in the region...

Prediction, in 5 years, EEI will no longer have sports talk, as ESPN is too big to slow down, and 98.5 will continue to garner better rating over EEi

I totally agree with you on this Kharp.

I think the Sports Hub with Mazz and Felger is far superior to Ordway's WEEI sports format and I am not surprised Ordway is gone. The big show started out as a creative sports show with some tasteful humor and funny segments. It became unlistenable after a few years due to many reasons including:

1. Commercials and breaks that would frequently take 10 minutes at a time.

2. Arguing among the co-hosts and tangents that would digress from the topic and often had little to do with sports.

3 Frequently you could listen to a 1 hour segment and get 10 minutes of actual sports talk and 50 minutes of mindless banter and commercials

Remember Grandma on the whiner line that called up to complain about the belching and the burping that she found found most offensive and she thought that the "O" in Big "O" stands for offensive.? Well sometimes -I think she had it right.

The only time reason I listened to the Big Show once Sports Hub was broadcasting was to listen to the BIl Belicek interview on Mondays.

[/QUOTE]
    The "Hub" is in the same mold. Between Maz & Fegler's rants and the stupid "sports update " every 20 min. Not to many listners get on the show. The "Hub" is the TMZ of sports !
    Gresh & Zoe are far the best on talk radio-Boston !

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Espn smells blood. 

I was not at ESPN at this time. In speaking with others who were, and are still at ESPN, you are 100% wrong. 99.9% of the people I interact with, other than ESPN local staff care less about the Pats, which include mid level management. To insinuate that senior management even knows who BB is is also simply false. Bluntly stated, they could care less about the Pats and BB. 

NY Times was mismanaged, plain and simple. The Globe was an asset to squeeze more money from, and the objective was to sell it. The senior writers could have stayed for less money, but many had other opportunities, so they left. 

To call any entitity like the Herald that is owned by Murdock/Fox "legit" is preposterous.. Try reading some of the non sports stories in the Herald and tell me they are fair and take the middle road

What you call bashing others call fair journalism. Even here at BDC, if anyone questions BB or comments on the Jets, you feel it is bashing. This is simply your warped mind at work. 

I was never a fan of Shalise. Gasper is a good journalist. Bedard is very, very good and eventually will move on to bigger venues. Breer, I will leave it as no comment. We have had issues in the past.

Murock has the pockets to litigate for the next 25 years. Litigation is publicity for Murdock. 

Mazz at one time was an excellent journalist. It was h is choice to enter into broadcast media. The broad scope of broadcast shows his weakness on non baseball topics, and has allowed him to mail it in. You have to understand however, he is now in the entertainment business, not the journalism business. His ratings are forcing him to not change, and to continue to float away from journalism to entertainment. 

I have been in and around the media scene here in New England for over 25 years. You couldn't be more wrong in your thoughts. You need to better understand journalism vs entertainment. Entertainment sells. Journalism is going broke quickly. 

Your conspiracy theories wreak of a sick mind. Never, ever has anyone I have met, worked with or observed from close up shown any bias for or against the Pats. I will say that back in the day (only 10 years ago or so) Felger and Curran were the first 2 to understand confrontation and contrarian are a form of entertainment. Even the ex players I have worked with, simply see it as a job. There is no bashing, no conspiracy at all. I will also comment that every ex player I have come across speaks of BB with admiration, respect and revere, but never any fondness, othre than y our favorite whipping boy Bruschi. I find it amazing how someone can be in Charlotte, never, ever in Boston, never ever having met or spoken with anyone even remotely related to entertainment or media can think they are so correct, yet are so wrong. I seriously think this is a demented mind at work. 

Ways to make money, market trends, how to achieve that, following a model, etc, means I have a conspiracy theory? This is another example of you proving there is no way you went to college.

Are you this stupid? You work in the business and don't know about these things?  98.5 and the Globe are partners, moron.

The Herald and WEEI are partners. Are we good there?  The newspaper industry has been struggling as a whole for a while now, so the "news" had to change how it gathered and delivered news.  If you changed, you survived and maybe made a profit. If you didn't, you're behind the 8 ball.

Each's model are different.  IMO, and I don;t think it's an opinion at all, is that 98.5 follows the ESPN model as does the Globe. As DWhite just said in the post above mine, it's now the TMZ coverage of Boston sports.

That's what sells. They sold out.  

Anyone taking Felger, Mazz, Gasper, Dan Shaughnessy, et al, seriously is a complete moron.

Barring the actual beatwriter position where it's your job to record the actual quotes and day to day actviity, ESPN, the Globe, 98.5, these are sensationalist entities. Period.

It's not a conspiracy.

You have this ridiculous notion that since you do some work for ESPN that you know all, know what their goals are as a corporation, sit in all the meetings, etc. You don't. You're a guy who hooks up cables from a truck when certains shows are produced. That's it.

You're absolutely daft if you think ESPN doesn't perpetuate stories, leave out important info, be irresponsible on purpose, to drive ratings. We;ve seen it MANY, MANY times. We've seen Chris Mortensen have to apologize on live tv for crying out loud. Other times, we've seen them totaly go unchecked and get away with it.  Look at Rob Parker.  Look at how far it takes ESPN to fire someone for being unprofessional or flat out wrong all the time.

Those talking heads over there are told to push certain angles to perpetuate stories, to keep them alive.

If they get hits on a blog more so than another, they finds ways to manipulate that story. 

It's what sells nowadays. A circus.  It's scary and sad, actually. The majority of people that you see out in public are utter morons.

As for Murdock, I am not a fan, but it's pretty sad that the Herald had more objective and informative Pats coverage than the Globe. You know why? They hired people who had a clue to cover it. Gee, what a novel idea!  The Globe used to have first class coverage on everything until the older writers got attitudes and egos and they ran off the good writers. 

Ian Rappaport at the Herald blew away Breer with the Pats coverage.   Each is now at NFLN, but Rappaport shreds Breer to pieces. Breer is a namedropping daddy's boy. Kind of like you.

You like Chris Gasper? The kid doesn't know jack squat about any sport excpet maybe basketball. How insutlting to my intelligence to think that Chris Gasper can lecture me on hockey or football. The kid never played those sports, has no understanding of the finer points, etc, yet he's got the final word on the Pats in this town? You've got to be kidding me.

Who is in Charlotte?  What are you talking about?  You have the worst ability to retain info and your ignorance, inaccuracies, etc, is incredible to watch.  You think because you can name drop as some eletrician at ESPN, this means you have better knowledge. It's never worked for you before, so get over it.

Cris Carter as a source absolutely is pathetic. The guy is a moron. 

you are more wrong about this than you are about your football comments. The Pats are miniscule for ESPN with regards to news. Tebow is a bigger story than the PAts have been for the past 5 years. To think that ESPN even sees the PAts as a blip on the radar is simply uneducated.

You see how Reiss reports on the PAts. He breaks zero stories, speculates on nothing, and is the most careful person to report news. He has commentary AFTER the news breaks. Plain and simple as that.

You think the Globe follows ESPN and it is like TMZ? You are saying Bedard, Shalise and Reiss sensationalize the news? Rodak, Mr boring himself? Give me a break.

You can sit in your basement and speculate, throw insults and be wrong as usual. I work with these people, interact with many of them, and you couldnt be more wrong.

Mortenson, Parker...no comment. I have never even met them. I dont think either one of them has been further east of Bristol in 5 years. Breer, no comment, we had problems working in the past. Rappaport, never met him. Gaspar, you are 100% wrong. Extremely hard working. Extremely bright. Knows his stuff, and can articulate it clearly. Cris Carter knows the game inside and out. His opinions on players is held in high regard throughout the entire industry, not only ESPN. To listen to him disect plays and players is informative beyond belief.

It is wrong for a loser like you to sit there and wrongly criticize these hard working people, when you have zero clue what you are talking about.

You can sit here and go back and forth with me...I have said a number of times, I think your knowledge of football is terrible...the way you talk down and about people is down right pathetic. You can call me a guy who plugs in cables...but as I mentioned to you before, at the end of the day, I can buy and sell you 20 times over, so I must have done something right.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Espn smells blood. 

Ways to make money, market trends, how to achieve that, following a model, etc, means I have a conspiracy theory? This is another example of you proving there is no way you went to college.

Are you this stupid? You work in the business and don't know about these things?  98.5 and the Globe are partners, moron.

The Herald and WEEI are partners. Are we good there?  The newspaper industry has been struggling as a whole for a while now, so the "news" had to change how it gathered and delivered news.  If you changed, you survived and maybe made a profit. If you didn't, you're behind the 8 ball.

Each's model are different.  IMO, and I don;t think it's an opinion at all, is that 98.5 follows the ESPN model as does the Globe. As DWhite just said in the post above mine, it's now the TMZ coverage of Boston sports.

Anyone taking Felger, Mazz, Gasper, Dan Shaughnessy, et al, seriously is a complete moron.

Barring the actual beatwriter position where it's your job to record the actual quotes and day to day actviity, ESPN, the Globe, 98.5, these are sensationalist entities. Period.

It's not a conspiracy.

You have this ridiculous notion that since you do some work for ESPN that you know all, know what their goals are as a corporation, sit in all the meetings, etc. You don't. You're a guy who hooks up cables from a truck when certains shows are produced. That's it.

You're absolutely daft if you think ESPN doesn't perpetuate stories, leave out important info, be irresponsible on purpose, to drive ratings. We;ve seen it MANY, MANY times. We've seen Chris Mortensen have to apologize on live tv for crying out loud. Other times, we've seen them totaly go unchecked and get away with it.  Look at Rob Parker.  Look at how far it takes ESPN to fire someone for being unprofessional or flat out wrong all the time.

Those talking heads over there are told to push certain angles to perpetuate stories, to keep them alive.

If they get hits on a blog more so than another, they finds ways to manipulate that story. 

It's what sells nowadays. A circus.  It's scary and sad, actually. The majority of people that you see out in public are utter morons.

As for Murdock, I am not a fan, but it's pretty sad that the Herald had more objective and informative Pats coverage than the Globe. You know why? They hired people who had a clue to cover it. Gee, what a novel idea!  The Globe used to have first class coverage on everything until the older writers got attitudes and egos and they ran off the good writers. 

Ian Rappaport at the Herald blew away Breer with the Pats coverage.   Each is now at NFLN, but Rappaport shreds Breer to pieces. Breer is a namedropping daddy's boy. Kind of like you.

You like Chris Gasper? The kid doesn't know jack squat about any sport excpet maybe basketball. How insutlting to my intelligence to think that Chris Gasper can lecture me on hockey or football. The kid never played those sports, has no understanding of the finer points, etc, yet he's got the final word on the Pats in this town? You've got to be kidding me.

Who is in Charlotte?  What are you talking about?  You have the worst ability to retain info and your ignorance, inaccuracies, etc, is incredible to watch.  You think because you can name drop as some eletrician at ESPN, this means you have better knowledge. It's never worked for you before, so get over it.

you are more wrong about this than you are about your football comments. The Pats are miniscule for ESPN with regards to news. Tebow is a bigger story than the PAts have been for the past 5 years. To think that ESPN even sees the PAts as a blip on the radar is simply uneducated.

You see how Reiss reports on the PAts. He breaks zero stories, speculates on nothing, and is the most careful person to report news. He has commentary AFTER the news breaks. Plain and simple as that.

You think the Globe follows ESPN and it is like TMZ? You are saying Bedard, Shalise and Reiss sensationalize the news? Rodak, Mr boring himself? Give me a break.

You can sit in your basement and speculate, throw insults and be wrong as usual. I work with these people, interact with many of them, and you couldnt be more wrong.

Mortenson, Parker...no comment. I have never even met them. I dont think either one of them has been further east of Bristol in 5 years. Breer, no comment, we had problems working in the past. Rappaport, never met him. Gaspar, you are 100% wrong. Extremely hard working. Extremely bright. Knows his stuff, and can articulate it clearly. Cris Carter knows the game inside and out. His opinions on players is held in high regard throughout the entire industry, not only ESPN. To listen to him disect plays and players is informative beyond belief.

It is wrong for a loser like you to sit there and wrongly criticize these hard working people, when you have zero clue what you are talking about.

You can sit here and go back and forth with me...I have said a number of times, I think your knowledge of football is terrible...the way you talk down and about people is down right pathetic. You can call me a guy who plugs in cables...but as I mentioned to you before, at the end of the day, I can buy and sell you 20 times over, so I must have done something right.

If you're still working and not wisely investing those supposed millions you claim to have as you look for leverage here, announcing people's names you know on a Pats board as a middle aged balding dweeb, how much you made with daddy's business you sold, etc, then clearly you aren't as successful as you think.

With regards to ESPN lying about the truth behind the witch hunt and it's behavior during that 8 month run, I am talking about ESPN THEN, dummy, not now.

Of course stories change over time and the Tebow, Mantei Teo, etc, whatever else pops up is what they will follow.  I am not talking about that whatsoever. I am talking about the ESPN business model.  They changed. It works. They get money.  The Globe applied this same model.

I am talking about ESPN's slanted coverage of Spygate, the truths they left out on purpose, ignoring primary sources who corrborrated BB's position on the issue, and right on down the line.

Their perpetuation of that, right into the obvvious Walsh lies, actully prompted fat boy at the Herald to knee jerk his headline to the point that some morons out there to this very day believed there was a walkthrough tape from SB 36.

This stuff is all so far over your head, it's comical. 

Tell us again how the Jets GM role is a "dream job" because Cris Carter told you so.  Tell us how Lombardi is mulling over an offer from the Jets. Tell us how teams can "restucture" over a weekend with ease and cut "45 million in the blink of an eye". Tell us. lol

And, I never said Gasper wasn't intelligent nor articulate. I said he's a kid with limited experience and he's certainly not knowledgeable enough about the finer points of the game. He just regurgitates rhetoric, hoping no one is paying attention.

Bedard, while with a big ego (didn't take him long to go after BB here), is far more knowledgeable than Gasper, Felger or Mazz on football. Period.

Mazz is a baseball guy. Always has been always will be. I still can't believe I shook his hand back in 2005 in Chicago complimenting him on his baseball work with the Herald. Because with what he's become now, I wouldn't have said that to him. He's a disgrace, using his platform to seflishly go after BB at every turn.

Spygate was 2007. Move on and get a life. As far as ESPN is concerned, the Pats barely have a pulse. Never mind TMZ reporting on the Pats.

Look, you can bring up Lombardi until the Browns fire him (I give it 3 years). I know for a fact that he was interviewed, and $$discussed. He countered with double the offer. End of discussions.

I am telling you this as fact. Believe it or not, I dont care, as you will put words in my mouth for the next 3 years until he is fired.

I also already told you by March 12th the Jets will be $20-$30 million under the cap. I clearly spelled it out how they will do it. You refuse to understand, or maybe are incapable of understanding.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Espn smells blood. 

PARANOIA THE DESTROYER

Ray Davies is a Pats fan!

he may be but he sure ain't a Rusty fan!!  :  )

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Best of luck G Ordway!  Thanks for all the years!  Now, its a putz from Wisconsin we are stuck with lol...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:

I respectfully disagree with Rusty regarding Felger and Mazz.  That's a fun show to listen to and while you are well within your right to feel the way you do about the show and its hosts, I don't think that's anymore than just your opinion.  Honestly, I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that they love Tannenbaum and the job that he did.  Felger does subscribe to the "cap is cr@p" argument, but he didn't agree with WHERE the Jets spent their money.

I've been listening to them for the last couple years and it's a lot of fun.  Those guys don't take themselves so seriously that it becomes obnoxious.  They own up when players prove their initial views wrong and amend their thoughts.  They're not so hard-headed and plain old ignorant when it comes to their opinions and the opinions of callers. 

98.5 seems to be definitely on the cusp of taking over completely...if not already.  T&R in the morning are hilarious and again...they dont' take themselves so seriously and come off as ignorant jerks to their callers and the general audience...unlike D&C.  THe mid day show is a push for me...I like Mutt and Merloni, but if I want a bit more football, I go to Gresh and Zo.  I have no problem with either show.  I'm a fan of Michael Holley as well...but I just couldn't stand listening to Ordway and the other homers.  Again, mostly it's opinion and preference.

I agree - I will will say this though, I really can't stand listening to Zolak. At first I thought it was a lack of experience in the way he interupts his co host contantly, but after a few years of this I'm realizing that is just the way he is. And I find it annoying as hell. I do think Zolak knows his stuff and for the most part he's entertaining, but I find him very hard to listen to because of his motor mouth...it just doesn't stop...doesn't slow down...ever. Maybe that will change.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Espn smells blood. 

It's not a conspiracy.

BRAVO! HEAR HEAR!!

(STANDS AND APPLAUDS AGAIN)