The biggest issue: Talib

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

The biggest issue: Talib

he was not himself tonight and smith mind raped him from the getgo. he loooked overmatched for the first times all year. maybe the hip isnt 100 maybe its just his psychie but he wasnt shut down Talib. he left late with an injury so i assume he wasnt 100.... but he was not Talib tonight

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: The biggest issue: Talib

Both Talib and Mankins must fully understand the cost of their temper tantrums....they don't. Play like seasoned Vets for criss sakes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I like Talib...the defense is solid when he is on the field. Starting to think that maybe the Pats should let him go this off season if he is asking for a huge deal. The guy is injury prone! That sucks! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Didn't look fully healthy to me tonight. Had a hitch in his giddyup from the get go.

...but yep the Tantrum thing is just dumb and why, in general, the Patriots do not take and deal with pure "talent" only players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

No matter how painful it might be,  Belichick will have to let Talib go if he wants a top 5 CB contract.  He doesnt deserve that contract. He cannot stay healthy, and gets injuried almost every single game he's out there.

It is mind boggling how decimated the defense is.  Pats are always cursed with injuries.  It is hard to believe some teams can go 16 games with the same starting 11 the whole year.  The pats cannot even get any breaks with injuries.....

Do you guys sometimes wonder if its a coincidence why the injury bug hits the Pats so bad?  Maybe the training and medical staff isnt doing the job.  I really doubt that.  Just unlucky or too many injury prone players

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

he also acted like a total dick head on that personal foul.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He darn near came right back and got another....just can't hurt your team like that...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Other than the penalty I did not think he was horrible. I assume he was playing hurt to a certain extent. He actually was pretty competitve on the bomb. Smith and Talib both were quiet in the second half.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He darn near came right back and got another....just can't hurt your team like that...

[/QUOTE]

exactly. he was acting selfish and being a total asz like in his TB days. that play right there costs him atleast a couple million on his new contract with whatever team he signed with.

i love the guy. and w/o him at a high level our D is bad

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to Spetznaz24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No matter how painful it might be,  Belichick will have to let Talib go if he wants a top 5 CB contract.  He doesnt deserve that contract. He cannot stay healthy, and gets injuried almost every single game he's out there.

It is mind boggling how decimated the defense is.  Pats are always cursed with injuries.  It is hard to believe some teams can go 16 games with the same starting 11 the whole year.  The pats cannot even get any breaks with injuries.....

Do you guys sometimes wonder if its a coincidence why the injury bug hits the Pats so bad?  Maybe the training and medical staff isnt doing the job.  I really doubt that.  Just unlucky or too many injury prone players

[/QUOTE]

I wondered that myself but I have yet to research the other 31 teams and how they deal with injuries

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

When he was on the field, he looked fine. The deep throw to Smith was well-covered, just a better throw.

I agree that the tantrum was silly, but other than that I thought he performed fairly well. The issue is his injury.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Dont be surprised if he is out for the year

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When he was on the field, he looked fine. The deep throw to Smith was well-covered, just a better throw.

I agree that the tantrum was silly, but other than that I thought he performed fairly well. The issue is his injury.

[/QUOTE]

I would agree about talib's play. If someone told you before the game that Talib would hold Smith to 4 catches for 62 yds with no TD's you would think that Talib had himself a pretty good night.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would agree about talib's play. If someone told you before the game that Talib would hold Smith to 4 catches for 62 yds with no TD's you would think that Talib had himself a pretty good night.

[/QUOTE]

Make it 77 yds...you must add the PF yardage...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I would have said the Pats could have used this bag job as motivation and propel them into the post season but just too many injuries.  If Talib is out long term again it'll be hard to mount an attack.

Offense looks to have found their touch.  D is too hurt.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Pats are no different than any other team in the NFL. All have problems whether it be ownership, coaching, scheme, play calling, execution, talent, inexperience, injuries or bad calls. The reality is the Pats are much more  fortunate than most and we are more fortunate than most fans.

We lost; it was still a good, close game and we have much to be grateful for. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

This was the BAD Talib...  He came with some baggage and there you saw it finally.  Ty Law spelled it out in that brriliant pregame with Troy Brown and Felger.  Say what you want about Felger but he lets the m talk...  TyLaw said straight out that Smith was one of the biggest hot heads in the league who would go off if you could get underhis skin with the trash talk and get him off his game.   

Exactly what happened in reverse... Talib lost it.  Sucks but goes with the territory.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Remember Talib used to play for Tampa Bay at the same time Carolina and Tampa are in the same division.  Who know they both have history of going after each other!!