The Brady Critics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Brady Critics

Where are they today?  Where are the complaints about him staring down Gronkowski?  Where are the posts about his inaccruacy?  Where are all of the posts from all of the people who hate Tom Brady?  Where are the posts about the Pats abandoning the run?  Where are the posts about Brady looking to pad his stats?  Where are the posts about the shotgun?  Where are the posts about his leadership?

Nowhere to be seen. 

Let's keep it that way.

Tom Brady is the greatest player in Patriots history, one of the greatest in NFL history and one of the greatest players in Boston sports history.  He could easily stand beside Larry Bird, Ted Williams and Bobby Orr and not be out of place one bit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: The Brady Critics

I think I just saw them running away with their tail between their legs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Only 1 punk has repeatedly bad mouthed him. Guy as usual is in hiding after being embarassed

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Where are they today?  Where are the complaints about him staring down Gronkowski?  Where are the posts about his inaccruacy?  Where are all of the posts from all of the people who hate Tom Brady?  Where are the posts about the Pats abandoning the run?  Where are the posts about Brady looking to pad his stats?  Where are the posts about the shotgun?  Where are the posts about his leadership?

Nowhere to be seen. 

Let's keep it that way.

Tom Brady is the greatest player in Patriots history, one of the greatest in NFL history and one of the greatest players in Boston sports history.  He could easily stand beside Larry Bird, Ted Williams and Bobby Orr and not be out of place one bit.

[/QUOTE]

Add Ortiz to that short list......3 time WS champ who lead the Sox in dramatic fashion in all 3.  Something no other Sox player did in modern history....including Ted.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

One other point.... you forgot Bill Russell.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to HailToTheKing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Nowhere to be seen. 

Let's keep it that way.

[/QUOTE]

Add Ortiz to that short list......3 time WS champ who lead the Sox in dramatic fashion in all 3.  Something no other Sox player did in modern history....including Ted.....

[/QUOTE]

Ortiz < Ted.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

Nowhere to be seen. 

Let's keep it that way.

[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone be critical, after a game like that?  That was awesome.  The concern about his abilities to perform like that, against a more elite defense, however, still exists.  But it would be dumb to focus on that right now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

Nowhere to be seen. 

Let's keep it that way.

As much as we love him and what he did, Ortiz is not in the same league as Williams, Bird, Orr and Brady.  Yes, from a later post, I would include Russel in that list.  Ortiz is not a unanimous, no questions ask, first round inductee into a Hall of Fame.  I haven't looked up whether Williams, Bird and Orr were, but I would be very surprised if they weren't.  Ortiz may not even make it ever.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

chirp ... chirp

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsTxGrl. Show PatsTxGrl's posts

They are still asleep like all the rest who turned the t.v. off before half time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

In response to SLGDEV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Nowhere to be seen. 

Let's keep it that way.

[/QUOTE]

As much as we love him and what he did, Ortiz is not in the same league as Williams, Bird, Orr and Brady.  Yes, from a later post, I wouldinclude Russel in that list.  Ortiz is not a unanimous, no questions ask, first round inductee into a Hall of Fame.  I haven't looked up whether Williams, Bird and Orr were, but I would be very surprised if they weren't.  Ortiz may not even make it ever.

[/QUOTE]

Well......let's wait and see then.  If Ortiz is a first ballot HOF'r then maybe he'll get his due.  I'll take Ortiz's 3 rings over Ted's first ballot ANYDAY....but that's me. 

Interesting that a city like Boston forgets 2 of it's biggest champions in Ortiz and Russel.......VERY interesting....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Only 1 punk has repeatedly bad mouthed him. Guy as usual is in hiding after being embarassed

[/QUOTE]

There are a number of others that have been pretty supportive of Rusty's bashing. I have almost all of them on ignore, and I wouldn't doubt if a good number of them are in fact Rusty.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Nowhere to be seen. 

Let's keep it that way.

[/QUOTE]

As much as we love him and what he did, Ortiz is not in the same league as Williams, Bird, Orr and Brady.  Yes, from a later post, I wouldinclude Russel in that list.  Ortiz is not a unanimous, no questions ask, first round inductee into a Hall of Fame.  I haven't looked up whether Williams, Bird and Orr were, but I would be very surprised if they weren't.  Ortiz may not even make it ever.

[/QUOTE]

Well......let's wait and see then.  If Ortiz is a first ballot HOF'r then maybe he'll get his due.  I'll take Ortiz's 3 rings over Ted's first ballot ANYDAY....but that's me. 

[/QUOTE]

Williams never had the pitching on his teams that Ortiz has had.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One other point.... you forgot Bill Russell.

[/QUOTE]

Only those who never saw Russ play would overlook him.  I think Brady is off the charts outstanding but for me, Russ will always be the greatest ever to play in Boston regardless of the sport.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Fitting to add on this thread also.

Maybe Welker should give a percentage of his wages to Brady because he made him what he is today.  Miss Brady yet , Wes ? If Edelman continues running his routs Welker is going to be an after thought.

Soon in the making Dobson and Thompkins. 

Kidding aside I cannot take away the great years he's given the Pats , he's just was not clutch for the Pats when he was needed most.  Yesterday was a good example, Manning needed him to catch that ball in OT to get him close enough for a FG.

p.s. Let's not forget Brady is classy.  Not sure you guys heard the great things he had to say about Thompkins.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Nowhere to be seen. 

Let's keep it that way.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Williams never had the pitching on his teams that Ortiz has had.

[/QUOTE]

You really can't use that argument....... what if Bird didn't have Parrish and McHale?  What if Russell didn't have pretty much an entire roster of Hall of Famers for his surrounding cast?  You can't downplay somebody's greatness because of the team.  Ortiz did things in the clutch in the LARGEST STAGE that no other Boston ball player was able to do.......  His pitching staff did not hit the homers VS Mariano...or the Homer vs Verlander etc...... 

Ted's the man when it comes to hitting.....no doubt, always will be.  However Ortiz is the best basbeall CHAMPION this city has seen......I'll take the rings.  Again...that's just me...... your opinion may vary and that's fine....that's why sports are so great!  Either way....this is a great 'problem' to have!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fitting to add on this thread also.

Maybe Welker should give a percentage of his wages to Brady because he made him what he is today.  Miss Brady yet , Wes ? If Edelman continues running his routs Welker is going to be an after thought.

Soon in the making Dobson and Thompkins. 

Kidding aside I cannot take away the great years he's given the Pats , he's just was not clutch for the Pats when he was needed most.  Yesterday was a good example, Manning needed him to catch that ball in OT to get him close enough for a FG.

p.s. Let's not forget Brady is classy.  Not sure you guys heard the great things he had to say about Thompkins.   

[/QUOTE]

Make no mistake about it, I'm not sure any of these receivers start for another team in the NFL.  Thompkins was getting high praise of turning into a great receiver then he went silent and got benched.  Then Dobson came in and took his spot and everyone was saying he is turning into a big time player only to get put on the bench playing only 37 of 86 snaps last night.  Edelman has been quiet lately until last night where he had a really good game finally, but where has he been the past several games?  Amendola, please.  Has not done anything here as a Pat, what a mistake he was to pick up.  It's all about Brady and the impact of him picking defenses apart. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Loved Brady's crazy eyes, meathead freak-out meet up with Gronk after the TD that put the score at 24-21. What passion!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Loved Brady's crazy eyes, meathead freak-out meet up with Gronk after the TD that put the score at 24-21. What passion!

[/QUOTE]

I agree. 

Do you ever see passion like that from Manning? How about Rodgers?  I don't.  Thats what gives TFB the edge, imo.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Who is 'they'?  There's only one person on here that bashes Brady.  Everybody else knows what we have in the GOAT.  We are very, very fortunate.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

Agree with Russel on that list; no question.  Yaz, definitely.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

You really can't use that argument....... what if Bird didn't have Parrish and McHale?  What if Russell didn't have pretty much an entire roster of Hall of Famers for his surrounding cast?  You can't downplay somebody's greatness because of the team.  Ortiz did things in the clutch in the LARGEST STAGE that no other Boston ball player was able to do.......  His pitching staff did not hit the homers VS Mariano...or the Homer vs Verlander etc...... 

Ted's the man when it comes to hitting.....no doubt, always will be.  However Ortiz is the best basbeall CHAMPION this city has seen......I'll take the rings.  Again...that's just me...... your opinion may vary and that's fine....that's why sports are so great!  Either way....this is a great 'problem' to have!!!!

Actually not so much.  Apart from John Havlicek, his last championship ('68-'69) roster included pretty much a bunch of guys named Joe.  Moreover, Russ had no one conintuous presence throughout his career (ala Scotty Pipin, MJ).  And finally, 2 of his championships were under him as player-coach.  

I get your point but Russ is not the best example to us in this case.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You surely know that Ted didnt even win one, right?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You surely know that Ted didnt even win one, right?

[/QUOTE]

.......that was my point.....thought it was clear.