The Chargers will beat the Broncos!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

The Chargers will beat the Broncos!

Bad matchup for the Broncos, the Chargers have already beaten the Manning and the Broncos on their homefield.  Now that Denver's defense is shredded, I expect a big upset next Sunday.

The road to the Superbowl goes through foxboro!

And the Pats beat the Colts easily Saturday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Re: The Chargers will beat the Broncos!

No doubt about it.  Manning has always sucked against Rivers

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Chargers beat them in Denver this season, should be doable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Wouldn't surprise me. 7 one and dones? Make it 8.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Hope you're right, but this sounds like wishful thinking. The Chargers CAN beat the Broncos, as they've proved. They have the right matchups to give the Bronx some trouble, but it'll still be a minor miracle for them to pull out the upset.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

A million one and dones, and people still act like Manning is some sort of god in the playoffs

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

No doubt about it.  Manning has always sucked against Rivers

[/QUOTE]

Maybe but I wouldn't look for Mr. Manning  tobe doing his best Mark Sanchez imitation a la Dalton....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wouldn't surprise me. 7 one and dones? Make it 8.

[/QUOTE]

by my count he already has eight already going for 9 but we really shouldn't quibble about those pesky one and outs. If you ask Peyton, polian or underoos it wasn't peytons fault... the weather, the officials, the O-line... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Woodhead will have a big game. Man, I love that kid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

A million one and dones, and people still act like Manning is some sort of god in the playoffs

[/QUOTE]

No one is pretending Manning is a postseason god. That title belongs to Brady.

However, you just can't ignore that they have the best offense ever (statistically) and that Philip Rivers is not exactly playoff king either. We're overestimating the Chargers, and underestimating the Broncos. Just because San Diego beat Denver in the regular season doesn't mean they'll do it again in the playoffs. Bengals beat us in the regular season - do you think they could've beat us next week based on the way they played today?

I'd argue that the Colts have a better chance of upsetting us than the Chargers have of upsetting the Broncos. I hate to say so, but I'm just trying to be realistic here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

As long as refs don't help Manning

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

I'd put my money on Denver but as everyone knows, anything can happen on any given Sunday.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Mathews was huge in that first game. I don't recall seeing him in the second half today. He was playing with a hurt ankle. He may have aggrivated it. Without Mathews I do not think the Chargers can play keep away as well as they did last time. They can beat them but it decreases the percentages a lot sans Mathews.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thank you BB, for not resigning him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thank you BB, for not resigning him.

[/QUOTE]

If he ousts the Broncos and we get the Chargers at home, then mission accomplished.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Doubt it highly. Would be sweet though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

This Chargers matchup is what I was hoping for, since they beat them in Denver earlier in the year and they know them extremely well. The bungles were completely inept at critical times today and pretty much handed the game to SD on a silver platter. We all know gomer is capable of doing that. The early weather forecast seems favorable for gomer though.

Sun Jan 12 Mostly Cloudy

50°

29°

Mostly Cloudy

Chance of rain:
    10%
    Wind:
    W at 9 mph
    Details

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The Chargers better play better than they did today to keep up with that offense, because what they did today wont cut it. Truthfully both the Chargers and Broncos are nothing special, but the Broncos will score.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mathews was huge in that first game. I don't recall seeing him in the second half today. He was playing with a hurt ankle. He may have aggrivated it. Without Mathews I do not think the Chargers can play keep away as well as they did last time. They can beat them but it decreases the percentages a lot sans Mathews.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I think he is hurt. he had 29 carries, 130 yards and played keep away from PM, don't think they can win without him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Chargers better play better than they did today to keep up with that offense, because what they did today wont cut it. Truthfully both the Chargers and Broncos are nothing special, but the Broncos will score.

[/QUOTE]

Got to disagree. The Chargers defense played great tonight. Play like today and they can win. They got a lot of 3 and outs against Denver last time. I think they got 4 in a row at one stretch. The Broncos are good but they are not as good as last year and they certainly have weak spots. I believe Mathews is the key. He kept Manning on the sideline for long stretches last time. I favor the Broncos overall but the Chargers can attack the Broncos defense better than anyone else in the AFC and I know it's a fluke but the Chargers usually play Manning tough, even when they lost earlier this year it was by only 8.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. I felt maybe they played down to Cincy's performance. They are no juggurnaut for sure, but they will likely need to put up 30+ if the weather turns out mild like the early forecast or play some great d.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

With QBs like Philip Rivers and Drew Brees their teams always have a chance despite the opponents dominating running, defense etc. categories. As a 49er fan, Pats 1st, I'm hoping Brees can win in Seattle.

But today, SF dominated in all the stat categories but it was one man who kept GB close and they could have won, Aaron Rodgers. SF never had a 2 score lead & I was nervous the whole game. Hoping for a Pats-Niners SB !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I really don't see how the Chargers beat the Broncos next week.  How sweet it would be if they did though.  A Patriots vs Chargers AFCC game in NE would be an excellent matchup for the Patriots. 

Can't get too excitied about that yet, one game at a time.  Just get past the Colts next Saturday!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I think the Chargers run is over when they beat Denver in Denver it was on a Thursday with 3 days rest and Gomer nicked up-Broncos have had two weeks off-Pats will have to go to Denver for ANOTHER Epich matchup!