The cleansing of knuckleheads from Foxboro continues, hopefully Meriwhiffer is next....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

The cleansing of knuckleheads from Foxboro continues, hopefully Meriwhiffer is next....

And we get a 3rd rounder......I like it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Re: The cleansing of knuckleads from Foxboro continues, hopefully Meriwhiffer is next....

Belichick is like Dinero in Goodfellas.  He orchestrated the Luftunsa(sp?) heist and then had to rub out all his guys when the steam came from the feds. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from reegz04. Show reegz04's posts

Re: The cleansing of knuckleads from Foxboro continues, hopefully Meriwhiffer is next....

Your not alone ..What did everyone expect?? The Pats were going to give him big bucks to be nothing more than a "decoy" all year?? No way! If not Tate, someone will step up, this is how its always been..Personally tho, I thought we would at least get a second for Moss. That tells you that something must have went on, and the Pats just didn't feel like dealing with his ish any longer..I would rather have someone ready to step in and contribute, than someone whos going to disappear in games when he's double covered.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: The cleansing of knuckleads from Foxboro continues, hopefully Meriwhiffer is next....:
    [QUOTE]Your not alone ..What did everyone expect?? The Pats were going to give him big bucks to be nothing more than a "decoy" all year?? No way! If not Tate, someone will step up, this is how its always been..Personally tho, I thought we would at least get a second for Moss. That tells you that something must have went on, and the Pats just didn't feel like dealing with his ish any longer..I would rather have someone ready to step in and contribute, than someone whos going to disappear in games when he's double covered.
    Posted by reegz04[/QUOTE]

Not to mention, he was pouting on the sideline towards the end of that win over Miami.  That just validated what I already thought about the guy. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: The cleansing of knuckleheads from Foxboro continues, hopefully Meriwhiffer is next....

sorry mvp...Moss being a 10 year vet, the best we could have done in compensatory picks is a 5th rounder. So, a 3rd is much better than a 5. Plus, if Moss mailed it in, and was giving BB crap for whatever reason, he should be shipped and shipped quickly. With a young team, the worst thing you can have happen is to have a disgruntled vet on the roster poisoning younger guys by his disrespect for the staff and coaches. Not saying he did this, but I can't think of any other reason to dump Moss mid-season unless it has to do with poor attitude. 

I"m with MB on this...lets trade Miffiweather while we are at it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: The cleansing of knuckleheads from Foxboro continues, hopefully Meriwhiffer is next....

In Response to The cleansing of knuckleheads from Foxboro continues, hopefully Meriwhiffer is next....:
    [QUOTE]And we get a 3rd rounder......I like it.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

OK MB..being the draftnick you are....what do you do with an extra 3rd?

So, just to recap, we have (2) 1sts, (2) 2nds, (2) 3rds, and (2) 4ths...can you say reload?

I'm hoping they take those 4ths and use them to move further up in rounds 1 and 2 (if it makes sense of course)...Would love to see a mock with those above 8 picks....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

@ PatsLifer

reports all over the radio now that info is starting to come in is BB denies he and moss never had any heated issues or problems. as far as mailing it in, thats retarded to assume that too...he is in a contract year and obviously preoccupied with his next deal, so i doubt he would "mail it in" knowing he needs to perform to maximize his next deal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

@ PatsLifer

Oh yeah, BB has such a tendency of moving up. Dont get your panties wet over the next draft, BB will end up dealing half those picks back and flip a few into future seasons.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

There are only 3 reasons the Pats trade Moss;
    1. His play is declining and not adding anything to the offense (not)
    2. He is becoming a problem/distraction in the locker room (best choice)
    3. We only have him for another 12 games, so might as well get a 3rd (i can't see this because a 3rd round pick is a crapshoot, and you have a proven HOF WR on the roster)...

Huffburger..I don't know what to assume...even if BB and Moss had an argument, BB is not the kind of guy to call that out...he keeps matters private for the most part unless someone calls him out..which Randy did not do...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from memery26. Show memery26's posts

In Response to Re: The cleansing of knuckleheads from Foxboro continues, hopefully Meriwhiffer is next....:
    [QUOTE]@ PatsLifer reports all over the radio now that info is starting to come in is BB denies he and moss never had any heated issues or problems. as far as mailing it in, thats retarded to assume that too...he is in a contract year and obviously preoccupied with his next deal, so i doubt he would "mail it in" knowing he needs to perform to maximize his next deal.
    Posted by HOFFBURGER[/QUOTE]

They could be involved in weekly fist fights and I would expect both of them to do exactly the same thing (deny it) with the press. This is just what professionals do - in any business.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I didn't say he would move up genius, what I did say is he has more ammo to do so if he sees value...value works both ways...up and down based on who's on the board....we now have 8 picks in the first 4 rounds to flip into later years, move up in next year's draft, or acquire a player via trade...all is possible..all i am saying.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

@ Patslifer

fair enough...personally i think he probably was harping a bit about his dwindling production and being the focus of the offense, and after the zero catch monday nite performance on national tv it stoked the fire (since he is concerned about his numbers in relation to his next deal). dont necessarily mean that him and BB had a big blowout and had personal problems, but BB more than likely tired of Moss' requesting to be traded, and went ahead and cut bait and let him move onto minny where he could be the focus of the passing game and have his grand homecoming in the final year of his contract.

but i dont care what moss wanted, i dont see how it helps us now or in the future and makes us any better. it only weakens us this year while we are sitting at 3-1. we had the leverage here since he is looking for a new contract next year, he really didnt cant afford not to remain motivated and slack off in a contract year. i would rather have moss this season than another mid round pick when we have tons of picks that will probably get traded anyway.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

I believe that is the last of the lategate players. If Parcells was head coach Moss would have been gone a few days into training camp.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Hoff,

I agree. It's easy for all of us to speculate on any blowouts, trade requests or whatever....I don't think Randy was particularly happy with his production and the metamorphosis this offense has undertaken after last year's draft...We are clearly moving to a more balanced offense, which in the long run, should benefit us clearly. Mike Reiss just reported that Moss had an altercation with Bill O'Brien during halftime of the Miami game. So perhaps a lot of what we are hearing is true...not surprised BB and Moss took the high road publicly. 

From a pure football perspective, this trade doesn't do anything necessarily to improve our football team now. But, perhaps it forces Brady and the team to be more balanced and not force balls to Moss in double coverage for various reasons. I tend to think we will see more balance and even spreading like we saw in the Miami game, which is something that we need to move back to. 

Perhaps, perhaps BB does something with this extra 3rd that is "unconventional" by BB standards that is. 

Like last year's draft, we had ammo to move around and into future drafts. Next year's draft picks just give us the ability to do more of it. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

With a rookie cap in place the Patriots WILL move up if they see a fit..........there isnt gonna be any more 1st rounders making a guarenteed 50 million anymore

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: The cleansing of knuckleheads from Foxboro continues, hopefully Meriwhiffer is next....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The cleansing of knuckleheads from Foxboro continues, hopefully Meriwhiffer is next.... : OK MB..being the draftnick you are....what do you do with an extra 3rd? So, just to recap, we have (2) 1sts, (2) 2nds, (2) 3rds, and (2) 4ths...can you say reload? I'm hoping they take those 4ths and use them to move further up in rounds 1 and 2 (if it makes sense of course)...Would love to see a mock with those above 8 picks....
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

PL,
    It certainly gives them a high level of flexibility allowing them to either make all 8 picks (2 each in rds 1-4) and/or trade a couple away for a veteran and/or use them to move up or down in the 2011 draft.  I hope to post a mock soon (on the draft thread) with who I think they could be targeting, assuming they keep all 8.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

In Response to The cleansing of knuckleheads from Foxboro continues, hopefully Meriwhiffer is next....:
    [QUOTE]And we get a 3rd rounder......I like it.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this one but have not given up on Meri yet.

Randy did his job while he was here, it was the right time for him to go, I wish him the best.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

@ PatsLifer

you make some solid points, it is what it is, and whats done is done now. time to move on. i guess my final take on the trade is i just dont see where this makes us better in any way, all that BB ultimately did was appease Moss and sent him back to Minny where Favre will throw it at him a dozen times a game and he can try to play the homecoming hero in his drive for one last big contract.
    brady showed last week that he still can spread the ball around with moss on the field, i been waiting for brady to start exploiting the soft spots moss creates in a secondary, and soon as he starts doing it moss gets traded. we shouldve just used him this year and let him walk if they dont want him, i mean he is under contract and motivated for another contract. he had no leverage, BB had all the leverage. instead, he deals him a third of the way thru the season, disrupting a decent start, for what you yourself described as a crapshoot draft pick. it just dont make sense.

oh well....

i would get excited about having all these draft picks, but after sitting thru every draft weekend of BB's tenure...we all know there is nothing more frustrating than sitting there for an hour and a half and waiting for our turn, only to watch BB trade back and pass on potential stars to accumulate "value" players and more future picks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]Also Merriweather is the man so eat sh*t lol
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

you keep sticking to that story Killa, been seeing it for a while now but have to admit Chung is already ahead of Merri at ANY point of his career.  Merri needs LESS playing time than more, one big hit is not worth 10 missed tackles or blown plays.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Colts are in bad shape at Safety, think they'd entertain Meri for Garcon?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The cleansing of knuckleheads from Foxboro continues, hopefully Meriwhiffer is next.... : OK MB..being the draftnick you are....what do you do with an extra 3rd? So, just to recap, we have (2) 1sts, (2) 2nds, (2) 3rds, and (2) 4ths...can you say reload? I'm hoping they take those 4ths and use them to move further up in rounds 1 and 2 (if it makes sense of course)...Would love to see a mock with those above 8 picks....
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Unless BB trades most of them away for 2013 and 2014...lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I wouldn't have put it exactly like that, but I really like Brandon Merriweather too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Ha, he's more sh*t than he is the man........

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]And how do you come to that conclusion? Was it when he 82 tackles 5 picks 2 forced fumbles and two sacks? or when he was making the pro bowl a year after that? He has ONE flaw and that is he over runs plays and whiffs because of it some times. And when he is not doing that he is playing pretty good. Up until this year he has gotten better each year, i dont know why he has not looked as good this year but im not ready to quit on the guy. He is still a very talented and pretty good player. And he is not being paid enough for anyone to b*cth about him.

I don't question his speed and athletic ability, I question his mental capacity and ability to execute a game plan consistently.  I also question his ability to tackle and take proper angles.  If he was doing what he was supposed to do, he would be playing more and not sitting on the bench.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]I will stick to that story, I will admit it when it comes to this one player im a homer, I love Meriwether, I like the way he plays and I dont want to see him traded I think it would be a mistake. I can admit that no problem. I dont think he is as bad as you make him out to be. IS he perfect? No not at all but he is pretty damn good. He has one issue, he over runs plays and whiffs, and that is due to his speed and him just over pursuing people. Which can be fixed. Other then that he has a whole lot of talent and has shown that, he can get us picks and make player. I dont think he will be traded.

Meriweather is not terrible, but he plays inconsistently, with little technique, and doesn't seem to grasp the mental aspects of the game (out of position frequently). How long will it take him to finally get it? It better happen fast or he is going to be seeing the bench a lot more. 

I personally want to see more Page and less Meriweather and Sanders. I'll go with Page/Chung once Page picks it up, and put Sergio Brown in there for depth. Trade Sanders and relegate Meriweather to the nickle/dime only..unless he starts to turn things around.