The Colts 'So-Cal led' Streak

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

The Colts 'So-Cal led' Streak

First of all, we all know the streak is not 22 games. The Chargers ended Indy's season 2 years runnin' and the Colts have not played SD this year. Therefore, the so-called record is irrelevant in the minds of most football fans outside of Indy.
    Congrats to the Colts on yesterdays POSER bowl, because that's the only bowl they'll see this year.

Good luck trying to make it past the San Diego Chargers, this years NFL champion on FEB 7th.

The Colts will lose in the playoffs, period.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: The Colts ' So-Cal led' Streak

I agree, they lost 13 games ago, that's meaningless.  If Dimaggio didn't get a hit for one of the games in his streak and the record keepers said "well that game didn't count because it was the playoffs", than nobody would know anything about that streak.  They have an 8 game streak followed by a 13 game streak.

It's not sour grapes I just think when you start splitting numbers and subtracting games for this or that you can find streaks in anything. 

Tom Brady has 22 300 yard games on sundays when it is over 74 degrees and he is at home.  I don't know if it is true but that's the same kind of nonsensical streak that ESPN would make up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: The Colts 'So-Cal led' Streak

Can you just see some guy/girl sitting at a PC trying to come up with these types of streaks and other stuff for the anouncers on Sunday.

Bill "Hey Mary here's a good one we can say that Oakland has a 30 game losing streak when ever they play east of the Mississippi in Dec".

Mary "Yeah Bill that will make Dierdoff look like a genius NOT"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I can't stand them talking about "NFL Record 22 game winning streak"... Umm NO!! They lost somewhere in there!!

I can't stand it.. the Pats won 21 in a row, for real! They won in the regular season and followed it up with a Superbowl and then more consecutive wins in the next season. 

22 regular-season wins in a row.. big deal.  I don't even really care much about it when they say the Pats won 21 regular-season games in a row, to be honest, because they didn't win the games that REALLY count in that "streak".

That just annoys me to hear them talk about those regular-season win streaks, only to ingore and never mention their post-season failures.

I don't know if many of you guys like Skip Bayless or not, but he was talking about the Colts this decade.  Here is his comment straight from Twitter:

"For decade, must give Colts a grade of D bec. all that all-time reg. season greatness produced only 1 SB (and 1 win over Rex's Bears)."

He said that they might be able to win all kinds of regular season games, but then they choke out when it comes to the post-season when it really counts.  And that in the year that they DID win it all, Peyton was terrible.  3 TD's and 7 INT's (I think), plus a win over a Rex Grossman led Bears team.  Which, to be honest, is not that great because of how pathetic Rex played and the Colts still never really blew them out like a team should have. 

Another thing that irritates me is that they talk about how many wins the Colts have this decade, but they don't mention postseason wins combined.  The Pats STILL own them in that aspect - 125 combined wins this decade, compared to 121 for the Colts.  Pats have 14-3 playoff record, compared to 7-8 for the Colts. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Jbolt take yourself and your zero super bowl titles team and your colt whiny friends elsewhere.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

smells like sour grapes on this thread...its a regular season streak...it means nothing else...

kinda like going 18-1...doesnt mean anything unless you win the super bowl to go with it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: The Colts 'So-Cal led' Streak:
    [QUOTE]smells like sour grapes on this thread...its a regular season streak...it means nothing else... kinda like going 18-1...doesnt mean anything unless you win the super bowl to go with it
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Dolphins fans are, by and large, idiots, but this post is correct.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Colts 'So-Cal led' Streak : Dolphins fans are, by and large, idiots, but this post is correct.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]
    IMO, most football fans are idiots

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to The Colts 'So-Cal led' Streak:
    [QUOTE]First of all, we all know the streak is not 22 games. The Chargers ended Indy's season 2 years runnin' and the Colts have not played SD this year. Therefore, the so-called record is irrelevant in the minds of most football fans outside of Indy. Congrats to the Colts on yesterdays POSER bowl, because that's the only bowl they'll see this year. Good luck trying to make it past the San Diego Chargers, this years NFL champion on FEB 7th. The Colts will lose in the playoffs, period.
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]
    WOW what bad wine sour grapes make.  Its a 22 game win streak.  They won 22 games before they lost any.  thats the streak, and no matter how much you don't like them, they own it.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Colts 'So-Cal led' Streak : WOW what bad wine sour grapes make.  Its a 22 game win streak.  They won 22 games before they lost any.  thats the streak, and no matter how much you don't like them, they own it.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

No, they won 9 straight last year. Then lost their first playoff game, then won 13 in a row this year. 

So no, that's not a true 22-game win streak.  Playoffs DO count toward something, afterall that's the whole reason you play the regular season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Colts 'So-Cal led' Streak : IMO, most football fans are idiots
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

You may be onto something here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]First of all, we all know the streak is not 22 games. The Chargers ended Indy's season 2 years runnin' and the Colts have not played SD this year. Therefore, the so-called record is irrelevant in the minds of most football fans outside of Indy. Congrats to the Colts on yesterdays POSER bowl, because that's the only bowl they'll see this year. Good luck trying to make it past the San Diego Chargers, this years NFL champion on FEB 7th. The Colts will lose in the playoffs, period.

Phil - is that you?  Noticed you chatting last night at the boys on the sideline near the end of the game.  Why chat only when the game is in hand?  If you believe it, Phil, you should chat throughout the game. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

So if what you're saying is true then The Colts fans are actually living a lie. In light of this information I tend to agree with you but I am a gambling man and I can tell you that I wouldn't trust a dime of my money on a Norv Turner coached team in the Playoffs.But good luck anyway.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Why is a Charger fan coming to a Pats board to throw stones at the Colts?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Why is a Charger fan coming to a Pats board to throw stones at the Colts?  
    Posted by MarcW1[/QUOTE]

Because this is where the Colts fans seem to be as well. 

And they both have a woody for the Pats. Sure, they cover it with their Snuggies, but it is there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Colts 'So-Cal led' Streak : So if what you're saying is true then The Colts fans are actually living a lie. In light of this information I tend to agree with you but I am a gambling man and I can tell you that I wouldn't trust a dime of my money on a Norv Turner coached team in the Playoffs.But good luck anyway.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

I might not put money on Norv Turner in the playoffs, but i'll put money on Philip Rivers over Peyton Manning in the playoffs - it's been proven the past couple years.  Chargers are the Colts kryptonite in the playoffs now; can't wait to see another Colts playoff failure.

To be perfectly honest though, I think the Chargers will represent the AFC in the Superbowl.  I'm not a chargers fan and I can't stand the team, but they're the best in the AFC right now - who cares that the Colts are 13-0, they're playing like crap lately and barely getting by.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Colts 'So-Cal led' Streak : I might not put money on Norv Turner in the playoffs, but i'll put money on Philip Rivers over Peyton Manning in the playoffs - it's been proven the past couple years.  Chargers are the Colts kryptonite in the playoffs now; can't wait to see another Colts playoff failure. To be perfectly honest though, I think the Chargers will represent the AFC in the Superbowl.  I'm not a chargers fan and I can't stand the team, but they're the best in the AFC right now - who cares that the Colts are 13-0, they're playing like crap lately and barely getting by.
    Posted by jasonh86[/QUOTE]

We'll see how the Chargers do against the Bengals this week.

I think that the Chargers' biggest edge on the Colts in years past was Merriman, who isn't at full health or full effectiveness this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Colts 'So-Cal led' Streak : I might not put money on Norv Turner in the playoffs, but i'll put money on Philip Rivers over Peyton Manning in the playoffs - it's been proven the past couple years.  Chargers are the Colts kryptonite in the playoffs now; can't wait to see another Colts playoff failure. To be perfectly honest though, I think the Chargers will represent the AFC in the Superbowl.  I'm not a chargers fan and I can't stand the team, but they're the best in the AFC right now - who cares that the Colts are 13-0, they're playing like crap lately and barely getting by.

I'll just watch the game and be happy with whoever loses.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Colts 'So-Cal led' Streak : I'll just watch the game and be happy with whoever loses.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

Me too. I just hope it's the Chargers, for the sake of not letting Peyton get another title.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I stand corrected.  Missed that.  Ok, its NOT a streak.  Why are they equating it with ours?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]I stand corrected.  Missed that.  Ok, its NOT a streak.  Why are they equating it with ours?

The pats actually have 2 streaks of 21 wins. One is 21 straight games that includes a Super Bowl. The other is 21 straight regular season games.

For whatever reason, the NFL only counts the streaks of regular season games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]I stand corrected.  Missed that.  Ok, its NOT a streak.  Why are they equating it with ours?

Because it's Peyton Manning and the Colts, I assume.  I can't stand it.  They were calling the Pats 21-game streak an "18-game regular season streak".. nevermind our playoff and Superbowl wins in there, it's only the regular season that matters because Peyton can't win in the postseason.. just makes me so irritated to hear that nonsense. 

So really, Peyton has a 9-game and a 13-game winning streak.  Here is something the Colts can NEVER do - an 18-game winning streak in the SAME season! Sure, we didn't win the last one, but nobody will ever do that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Fellas - Lets get over the semantics.  You are all right.  The colts win streak is not a 22 game win streak, it is a 22 game regular season win streak.  No one is suggesting otherwise.  

Everyone knows about their postseason record in this decade.  Its as if you guys think every positive mentioned for another team is somehow a slight to your team.  Its not. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Far be it for me to say anything kind or nice about the Colts, but this streak is for regular season games only.

GET A LIFE!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Colts 'So-Cal led' Streak : Because it's Peyton Manning and the Colts, I assume.  I can't stand it.  They were calling the Pats 21-game streak an "18-game regular season streak".. nevermind our playoff and Superbowl wins in there, it's only the regular season that matters because Peyton can't win in the postseason.. just makes me so irritated to hear that nonsense.  So really, Peyton has a 9-game and a 13-game winning streak.  Here is something the Colts can NEVER do - an 18-game winning streak in the SAME season! Sure, we didn't win the last one, but nobody will ever do that.

As noted above, the Pats have 2 streaks of 21 games.

The 21 straight games streak that includes the SB is the 18 game regular season streak.

The one from the end of 2006 through 2007 and into 2008 is 21 regular season games.