The Curious Case of HGH

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Re: The Curious Case of HGH

Good point. Not sure what the rise in injuries is from, some are attributing it to not having as many practices with full pads. Does anyone have data for how many more injuries are happening this year league wide?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I've never seen anything that suggests HGH helps prevent injury.  Rather it helps you heal from existing injuries more quickly.  The other problem is that with the changes in rules about practice and offseason workouts it's hard to know how much of that is the driving factor as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

My Mother was a Nurse (retired), my Niece is a Nurse AND my Daughter is a 2nd year Nursing Student so I am totally qualified here.

HGH is alive and well in the NFL which is why the players union has flat out refused to implement the HGH testing it agreed to a year ago.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Maybe it has to do with HGH useage, maybe it's just bad luck. Whatever it is, goodelll pussification of the nfl with all the illegal hit rule changes hasn't done squat to change the stats on nfl injuries. Don't get me wrong, I don't support a 250lb man launching himself into another's helmet at full speed, but goodelll and his new rules isn't having the effect he so called wanted. At least I ain't seeing it. Anyone?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think HGH having any bearing on injuries this year is a fallacy. Players are still using to the same degree, and the union will not allow testing with out ample notice. I feel there has been zero tapering, and even if there was so, it would not lead to increased injury 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

The head shot rules are having an effect. Not necessarily positive either, see Randall Cobb. You're never going to eliminate head shots, but tacklers are definitely aiming lower overall.

As for HGH, I just don't think the NFL is serious about eliminating PEDs. They make a show, catch a few guys here and there, but in the end, it's a sham.  Say what you want about Selig, but that sport takes it a lot more seriously.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I just think that the muscle building is too much for the body to keep it together

May be we are reaching the end line of how far we can push the body to perform

I did see that weight lifters are subject to pectoral tears

I wonder if it also contributes to groin pulls, Jammie'sJammie's

And these guys are so big and so strong they hit like Mack trucks.

I still do not understand how Talib hurt himself?

as far as the high goes, if it takes the body to its limit it may very well be a contributing factor but I just don't know

I do believe that If usung hgh to heal, I don't have a problem. They use all sorts of drugs to heal

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe it has to do with HGH useage, maybe it's just bad luck. Whatever it is, goodelll pussification of the nfl with all the illegal hit rule changes hasn't done squat to change the stats on nfl injuries. Don't get me wrong, I don't support a 250lb man launching himself into another's helmet at full speed, but goodelll and his new rules isn't having the effect he so called wanted. At least I ain't seeing it. Anyone?

I am still waiting on Bush to fined for his hit on Amendola per the added rule this year for ball carriers outside the tackle box.

[/QUOTE]

Why would Bush get fined on the outside the tackle box rule?  Bush did not use the crown of his helmet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I thought HGH was for recovery, not prevention.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am still waiting on Bush to fined for his hit on Amendola per the added rule this year for ball carriers outside the tackle box.

[/QUOTE]

Why would Bush get fined on the outside the tackle box rule?  Bush did not use the crown of his helmet.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, he did. He lowered his helmet and led with the helmet to Amendola's helmet, Bustchise.

[/QUOTE]

He didn't use the crown of his helmet.  Learn the rules.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, he did. He lowered his helmet and led with the helmet to Amendola's helmet, Bustchise.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hiya Bustchise...how's the Jet family of Trolls on BDC...say hello to Uncle Rico for me...has he gotten the ankle bracelet off yet, and can he leave the house ? Does he still have to stay away from kids? Have the police told the neighbors he's living in your house yet? Must be tough, huh?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You'd be a moron, which we know you are Bustchise, to think it's not closer to 100% than 50%.

They don't test for it, dummy.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO. This is your op:

"With the amounts of injuries rising the last few years off the lockout, and still not HGH testing, this year has really made it somewhat obvious the massive injury spike in 2013, that players fearful of HGH testing at any moment means they aren't using HGH anymore"

1) Show us readers the link/facts indicate conclusively that there has been an increase of injuries this year.

2) Show us readers the link/facts showing the relationship between HGH and, specifically, injury prevention.

Crusty's post:

"I am under the impression that the entire NFL, generally speaking, upwards of 90%, uses it in some fashion and has for as long as the NFL hasn't tested for it, which has been forever."

1) Show us readers the link/fact to support that the prevalence of HGH use in the NFL is 90% or higher.

Here are 2 links estimating that the prevalence is below 60%:

a) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/30/fujita-estimates-low-percentage-of-hgh-users-in-nfl/

b) http://danonthestreet.com/news/2010/05/21/robert-smith-almost-half-the-nfl-is-using-hgh/

Crusty's post:

"You'd be a moron, which we know you are Bustchise, to think it's not closer to 100% than 50%..  They don't test for it."

1) Show us readers the link/fact to support that HGH use is 90% or higher.

2) There has been a test since 2011. What's being hammered out is the acceptable range of HGH in bodies, and what the upper limit is before it's considered to be "illegal"

3) Since they haven't been testing for specifically HGH, there is likely no evidence to support that HGH use is 90% or higher.  The two links above are the numbers that are being used to estimate HGH prevalence in the NFL, not your 90%.  Show me at least two links that show that the prevalence is 90% or higher is being used by the NFL to support your "impression"

YOU NEED TO LEARN WHAT FACTS ARE, boy.

[/QUOTE]

Man, the entire Bustchise family is active today...

Hiya Bustchise...how's the Jet family of Trolls on BDC...say hello to Uncle Rico for me...has he gotten the ankle bracelet off yet, and can he leave the house ? Does he still have to stay away from kids? Have the police told the neighbors he's living in your house yet? Must be tough, huh?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LMAO Nope, not Bustchise, but I still think it's funny that Crusty is still trying to prove it.

I'm not surprised you can't support your ridiculous ops.

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/grats-on-the-win/100/6845604

CRUSTY: Right on cue,  bustchise comes in to make it clear he is bustchise.

PV: How does that prove I'm bustchise?  LOL

Still don't know what a fact is do you, boy?

CRUSTY: Yet you swoop in on a jets based thread and reply within milliseconds which is a bustchise, m.o?

PV: wrong as usual. I participate in many non-jet threads.  I would say that you participate in more jet threads than I do. So since you're on a jets based thread - you're a jets fan AND YOU'RE Bustchise.

PV: oh, btw....this is a pats-saints thread. Dummy. That's a fact.  LMAO

-----

Crusty, prove that I'm Bustchise AND/OR a Jets fan.  Here, I'll try to help you a little.

Count the number of posts that Phat_Virgin has posted on this thread:

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/the-jetsa-thread-of-laughs/100/6307283

You'd think if I were a jets fan, that you'd find actual evidence.

No way do you have an IQ of 152.   Since you're the Queen of Lies, it's gotta be more like 52.

Yes, you are indeed a moron.

[/QUOTE]

HERP DERP BUSTCHISE

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to bigsmellybear's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey Harvey, you might want to let you Mom, smelly bear, know that she is making you and herself look like a fool!