The Curious Case of Marvie Harrison

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: The Curious Case of Marvie Harrison

I agree. I saw this yesterday too and I was blown away. As much as I hate all things Colts, you never want to see someone get hurt or get into trouble like this off the field. At the same time, it always irks me that just because someone has money and can catch/throw a ball, they receive special treatment under the law. It sets a terrible predecent for naive kids (and adults sometimes) that look up to these guys.

When the witness was mysteriously killed, I thought immediately that Marvin and/or his posse had a connection to it. I hope they nail him for that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

You people ever hear of innocent until proven guilty?  This is still America, right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I was just watching this on ESPN..I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the Ballistics report. I can't believe that this could be the same gun that he shot at that other guy with. If it is then he is dumb and deserves jail.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Marvin Harrison shot JFK, but OJ framed Oswald for it.  That's a fact that is true because I read it on the internet, and now you did too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: The Curious Case of Marvie Harrison:
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH Ok so I ask you to PROVE that he paid people off and what do you do instead? You give me a load of facts none of which have to do with him paying someone off. You are right about everything you said, he should have been charged, he was responsible whether he shot the gun or not but that does not prove that he paid someone off. Is it a possibility that he did that? Yes it is but it is not a fact SIR and you are presenting as if it were fact and it is not a fact at all and you cant prove it at all. All you can is speculate and thats worth nothing. As for OJ it has been 16 years and you still cant prove he paid someone off. I am not saying he didnt but I am also not going to make claims that I cant back up so unless you have some evidence of the pay off what is the point? If he had killed my friend and got off would i be sitting here steaming mad and saying whatever I feel like whether i can back it up or not? Yes i would but he killed someone whom i dont know nor do i care about so I couldnt care less so i wont make stuff up the way you are. And unless you can prove what you are saying then you are making it up and thats a FACT. SON.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

What's the difference if he paid someone off or not? The facts show that he clearly has received special treatment due to his money and celebrity status. Under these same facts, you or I would almost certainly have been convicted and already serving our sentences, while the powers that be have not and probably never will proceed with legal action against harrison.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

he killed someone whom i dont know nor do i care about so I couldnt care less Posted by MVPkilla4life

I've never seen such honesty in my life.  This inspires me to stop trying to be sad everytime some disaster wipes out a hundred thousand people in the third world.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Russ - got a Jones you can't satisfy?  LOL. 

If something happens to Harrison, so be it.  Until he is charged we must rely on the rule of presumption of innocence, right?  If he is charged, then the prosecution ought to put their full weight into prosecuting him. 

Since he has not been charged, lets not paint him in the same negative color as people like Nick Kazur being caught carrying enough prescription pain killers to be charged with felony distribution and got off only because he was willing to finger his supplier or like Belichick who instituted systemic cheating in the pats org was caught and not surprisingly claimed ignorance.  Both of these guys are still with your team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Sorry, but it's not my job to prove OJ paid off the system or Marvie Harrison or anyone else for that matter, but you are clearly one naive little teenie-bopper if you don't believe it.
    Posted by russgriswold

Russ - Don't let Taz bully you. 

Everyone knows that your very best quality is presenting opinion as if it were fact without any supporting facts to substantiate it.  

Don't ever let go of the best part of you. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Russ - got a Jones you can't satisfy?  LOL.  If something happens to Harrison, so be it.  Until he is charged we must rely on the rule of presumption of innocence, right?  If he is charged, then the prosecution ought to put their full weight into prosecuting him.  Since he has not been charged, lets not paint him in the same negative color as people like Nick Kazur being caught carrying enough prescription pain killers to be charged with felony distribution and got off only because he was willing to finger his supplier or like Belichick who instituted systemic cheating in the pats org was caught and not surprisingly claimed ignorance.  Both of these guys are still with your team.
    Posted by underdoggggg

Not to pick a fight over semantics here but we don't have to assume innocence until proven guilty.  The Government has to do that, which is why he is not in jail while the police investigate the crime.  We as citizens are free to think he's guilty if we want.  There is no burden of proof on an opinion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Shen - point taken, and well said. 
    Sam - Logic and reason have never been taught to Russ, and clearly it is too late now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: The Curious Case of Marvie Harrison : Yes, let's compare pain killer addiction, like what Brett Favre had and a rules infraction with a camera man, to these VIOLENT offenses by Marvie Harrison: 1. Choked a ball boy in NY before a game (not ever charged). FACT 2. Attacked a teenager at the Pro Bowl (settled out of court). FACT 3. Had his gun used or he himself tried to kill a human, injured an innocent bystander, including a child. FACT Yes. You make sense, Underoos. Always. Holy christ. You can't make this stuff up, folks. Only rejects like yourself would claim these are opinions, when they are absolute facts.
    Posted by russgriswold

No No - not comparing the severity of the crimes.  Comparing the differences between charges and results. 

I am not claiming Harrison is a boy scout.  Few players are that (See Vince Wilfork or Roidney HGHarrison).  But you cant claim payoff as fact when you have no facts to support it.  Harrison isn't hiding from anyone.  He's right there in Philly. 

If he is charged and the evidence exists, prosecute him to the fullest. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I think I like this russgriswold fellow.  Gotta love the way he will find the most disparaging things to say about anyone and everyone who contradicts anything he says.  Plus, he seems to have nothing to do but post on this board, on every topic, all day, every day.  And he's such a polite guest, having never posted on this forum prior to a few months ago as far as I can tell. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: The Curious Case of Marvie Harrison : I am in tears here. In tears. Yes, Marvie Harrison is innocent of all off the field violations.  Guess what?  I heard OJ is also innocent and Mike Vick was framed!!  Ben Roethlisberger's tape in Georgia was a faulty tape and it wasn't erased!  Yup. Gee, I hope one day I can be as intelligent as you. In your world "logic and reason" is the School of the Naive Hayseeds.
    Posted by russgriswold

LOL - P.O.'d much?  Don't like the heat?  Don't start a fire.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i see alot of opinion posted as fact in here...by crusty no less...and in regard to someone who never played for the pats? well then he must be guilty

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Mighty - here was one of young rusty's retorts to Taz.  

"This kid expects me to drop what I do for a living and somehow prove Harrison has the DA in his back pocket?

Hilarious."

Per his comments - What young Russ does for a living is post opinion dressed as fact on this board.  LOL! 

I know I am not immune from this same critique, but its funny just the same. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: The Curious Case of Marvie Harrison : You have almost 1000 posts in less than a year.  Far more frequent than myself. Don't let facts get in the way though. You and Underoos sure do struggle with those.
    Posted by russgriswold

You got me all wrong man, I love your nonstop displays of arrogance.  Keep 'em comin!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: The Curious Case of Marvie Harrison : Yes, we should worship insecure geeky trolls here.  Good idea!  I'd rather be arrogant than ignorant. Good day.
    Posted by russgriswold

Russ...here's an article that seems to back you up on Harrison:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3827402, and here''s one that defends him: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/111194-im-defending-marvin-harrison-against-espns-blatantly-biased-attacks 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: The Curious Case of Marvie Harrison : You have almost 1000 posts in less than a year.  Far more frequent than myself. Don't let facts get in the way though. You and Underoos sure do struggle with those.  let's analyze this: Underoos - Colts troll - Check JimmyJacksHimselfSilly - Dolphins troll - Check Now, where is Waldork/Bejesus? Gotta make sure we have all jealous rival teams represented here whom try to deflect from any one of their team's horrendous flaws.
    Posted by russgriswold

well jeeze, you named half the people that post here on a fairly regular basis...are we all trolls because we dont agree with you? in your world do people live under bridges instead of trolls?

jealousy? its a cold hard fact you are jealous of people who make sense

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: The Curious Case of Marvie Harrison : Russ - Don't let Taz bully you.  Everyone knows that your very best quality is presenting opinion as if it were fact without any supporting facts to substantiate it.   Don't ever let go of the best part of you. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

People in glass houses should be tossing stones, Dog(gggg).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

It's pretty clear those are both my OPINIONS based on FACTS surrouding the case How I need to prove an opinion, I have no idea.  Some of you must be bored. The fact you want me to provide proof on the internet to prove Marvie handed off cash payouts to the DA is hilarious. When the DA takes the mic and says "we don't have enough evidence" in 2008, when we absolutely know FOR A FACT that a gun owner's gun used in a crime is the responsibilty of the owner.... .....AND ballistics were proven to be from Harrison's rare, Belgian custom made cop killah (just for you), then yes, it smells. It smells very ripe. I don't need to prove anything to have this opinion on the matter. The only rational explanation is, they are waiting for his hush money to dwindle and collect as much evidence to go at him with the full gamut and charge him directly with attempted murder, obstruction, child endangerment, reckless use of a fire arm, etc, instead of just the latter. This latest run-in is clearly not good for ol' Marvie.  What a rube.
    Posted by russgriswold

Here's another article which seems to support your position, Russ: http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3826780

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: The Curious Case of Marvie Harrison : Yes, we should worship insecure geeky trolls here.  Good idea!  I'd rather be arrogant than ignorant. Good day.
    Posted by russgriswold

I prefer your approach.  It's better to feed the trolls and engage in endless back and forth with them ... that really keeps them away!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I have to admit that when he was playing I never heard any of this. I actually thought this guy was a stand up NFL player that kids could look up to. Wow was I wrong Doggggg, you think Polian was helping him?
    Posted by Sam-Adams

I won't lie. I thought the exact same.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'll admit that I don't know anything about carry and conceal laws in Pennsylvania, but even if any moron with enough money to grease the system can get a permit, it seems that one thing the law might consider with a "person of interest" in a murder investigation would be to suspend that permit pending the results of said investigation.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Thanx for the clarification, killa.

I just think it has more "impact" with the misinformation.

My anonymous source must have been mistaken.
    Cool

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The Philly PD allegedly is in hot pursuit of Marvin Harrison: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/17/philly-police-going-hard-after-marvin-harrison/